ExternalTools v1.4 [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Re: ExternalTools v1.3 [MM2+3]

Post by Steegy »

Updated. Thanks!
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
WimYogya

Re: ExternalTools v1.4 [MM2+3+4]

Post by WimYogya »

Hoping anyone is still following this thread, since the last post is so long ago...
Anyhow, I installed ET v.1.4 but cannot find it back in my MM4 menu anywhere.
Not in the toolbar menu, not in any icon menu.
The screenshots are different from what I see.
Any help?
Thanks!
Wim - 67 - Dutchman in Yogyakarta/Indonesia
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

WimYogya wrote:Hoping anyone is still following this thread, since the last post is so long ago...
Anyhow, I installed ET v.1.4 but cannot find it back in my MM4 menu anywhere.
Not in the toolbar menu, not in any icon menu.
The screenshots are different from what I see.
Any help?
Thanks!

It's on the toolbar and in the context menu under the tools section.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
WimYogya

Post by WimYogya »

Well, it WASN'T there - I thought...
The problem: my toolbar was so full that the ET-icon (=MM's options icon) was hidden behind >> (the more icons sign).
I cleaned up my toolbar so that it's visible rightaway now.
But still it remains strange: I can NOT find it as a toolbar option in the View > Toolbar > Configure main menu. Same goes for the two other icons that are shown in the same toolbar group about batch art and genre finder. Where are they in the toolbar configuration menu?
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

WimYogya wrote:Well, it WASN'T there - I thought...
The problem: my toolbar was so full that the ET-icon (=MM's options icon) was hidden behind >> (the more icons sign).
I cleaned up my toolbar so that it's visible rightaway now.
But still it remains strange: I can NOT find it as a toolbar option in the View > Toolbar > Configure main menu. Same goes for the two other icons that are shown in the same toolbar group about batch art and genre finder. Where are they in the toolbar configuration menu?
They are NOT on the toolbar configure menu. I think it would be advisable for you to slow down, you are attempting to do too many things which are unfamiliar for you. The first thing to understand is that scripts are additional tools, therefore they will not appear in areas that are native to MM, such as the toolbar configuration menu. Second, read all the instructions for the script(s) which the author puts on the first page of the forum for the script. They are usually pretty good at telling you what to expect and where to expect it. As the instructions for this script stated, it will be on the context menu and the toolbar only, in order to configure it you can only do that on it's option sheet. :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
WimYogya

Post by WimYogya »

It's true: these days, being new to MM, after a few years of iTunes I suddenly come across 1000 new things and possibilities.
Some are simple and intuitive, others more complicated. I do my best to find out and pick up instructions, but am not always aware of the hidden traps. Have no time also to read everything from everywhere - then I will even come across more new stuff than my brain can handle.
Sorry therefore if I ask for things that have been instructed or described already somewhere. In those cases a link to those posts or sites is already highly appreciated.

And in this concrete example: how can I - as a simple user and a script dummy - distinct the difference between the native MM environment and the (apparently) non-native environment of icons in a toolbar or options in the right-click context menu. But your reply surely is appreciated as a learning tool. Thanks.
Biggynuff

Post by Biggynuff »

Hi All,

I'm sorry to ask this and I've really tried to sort this out, but could anyone advise me of the options and parameters needed to set this extension up with 'Merge mp3'? All I want to do is highlight the tracks, click the button and have Merge mp3 open up with the selected tracks already loaded for editing

I'm sure this should be simple but I can't get it to work!

Thanks you
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Biggynuff wrote:...could anyone advise me of the options and parameters needed to set this extension up with 'Merge mp3'?...
Hi. I just tested MergeMP3.exe, but apparently it doesn't support command line options/switches. That means it doesn't support automatically adding files/folders during program startup. You can only add them manually when the program is already open using menu File > Add... .

Programs that are called like MergeMP3.exe "somesong.mp3" are supposed to open/add "somesong.mp3" (this works for almost any Windows program) but afaik not for Merge MP3... Maybe you can ask the program author through http://shchuka.com/contact.html
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Biggynuff

Post by Biggynuff »

Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated. This is a fantastic script for MM!
dr_snuggles

Post by dr_snuggles »

how could i miss that script :oops: . great!
Plotino

Post by Plotino »

Hi,
i can't install 1.4 version on a portable installation of mm4
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Plotino wrote:Hi,
Did it work with previous versions of this script, or with other scripts?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Steegy wrote:
Plotino wrote:Hi,
Did it work with previous versions of this script, or with other scripts?
I guess the issue is probably this:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8182
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Plotino

Post by Plotino »

Problem solved.
I installed the standard version of mm4 in the previous portable folder then i reinstalled mm4 in portable mode.
Thanks

I have another problem.
When i open a file with an external player (i tried foobar and potplayer) after i close it i can't play any file in mediamonkey, it is stopped.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Plotino wrote:I have another problem.
When i open a file with an external player (i tried foobar and potplayer) after i close it i can't play any file in mediamonkey, it is stopped.
Haven't seen this problem before. Can you or other users reproduce? I can not think of a reason how this script could cause this kind of problem.