ExternalTools v1.4 [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Plotino

Re: ExternalTools v1.4 [MM2+3+4]

Post by Plotino »

ok I understand the problem. When I launch a player adopting the mode WASAPI exclusive i have this issue. It isn't an external tools fault.
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

Fantastic Addon, thank you so much, Steegy!!

Now, I can start my favorite ID3-Tagger Mp3tag directly from MM4

Code: Select all

Program Path: 
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Tools\Sound\mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe

Parameters: 
/FP %O
and the built-in windows explorer exactly for the marked songs

Program Path: 
%SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe

Parameters: 
/select,%O
and both are accessible by very quick keyboard shortcuts!

I'm just happy! :D
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

And another one, this time for "Picard"

Program Path:
    %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Tools\Sound\MusicBrainzPicard\picard.exe

Parameters:
    <%O: >

Execute Tool: [X] Run it once
Of course, you have to adjust the program path to the installed picard.exe in your own environment. It's just how it works for me. :wink:

And it would be really fantastic, if a solid fingerprinting version (like AcoustID) would be included in MM in a near future.
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
n8er11

Post by n8er11 »

This one is working well for Album Art Downloader. I use folder.jpg for all of my album folders..

ProgramPath - C:\AlbumArtDownloader\AlbumArt.exe

Parameters - "%R" "%L" /path %P\folder.jpg

Run it once
MM4
Win7 32
arindamc

Post by arindamc »

Windows7 Ultimate
Media Monkey Free (Portable) 4.0.3.1476

Tried to run your extension but got the "ActiveX Can't Create Object" error! Since then I kept getting the error every time I launched Media monkey, or even tried to uninstall the addon. Thankfully I had an older backup of the installation which I had to copy in order to get rid of the addon. :(

I would like to make this work. Any help please? :-?

I can run another mediamonkey addon just fine, but not this one. :(

EDIT: Followed the instructions in this thread, dll registration went fine, but I still get the error.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 93579ad55d
oddBeat

Post by oddBeat »

arindamc wrote:Windows7 Ultimate
Media Monkey Free (Portable) 4.0.3.1476

Tried to run your extension but got the "ActiveX Can't Create Object" error! Since then I kept getting the error every time I launched Media monkey, or even tried to uninstall the addon. Thankfully I had an older backup of the installation which I had to copy in order to get rid of the addon. :(

I would like to make this work. Any help please? :-?

I can run another mediamonkey addon just fine, but not this one. :(

Me 2, please help.

Roger
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello Arindamc and Oddbeat,

Please delete the following line from the script and try again (by restarting MediaMonkey):

Dim SDB : Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")
That line is normally not necessary for the script to work (but normally it also doesn't cause problems).

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
oddBeat

Post by oddBeat »

Steegy wrote:Please delete the following line from the script and try again (by restarting MediaMonkey):

That line is normally not necessary for the script to work (but normally it also doesn't cause problems).
Hi Steegy,

Thnx for workaround. But do you maybe know why this error, because this script is also giving me same error: 'AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3.vbs'
I tried to reinstall .NET 2, 3, 3.5 SP1, 4. Is there a problem with registry, or system files, or permissions?

Roger
Mike D.

Post by Mike D. »

Switch Media Monkey from portable installation to full.
oddBeat

Post by oddBeat »

Hi Mike D,

I m away from my computer for a month. Will try when I come back.

Thnx,
Roger
negcreep80

Post by negcreep80 »

Good afternoon, going to resurrect this thread because I am not finding a straight answer...I've found two possible ones, but my lack of experience is preventing me from understanding how to go about doing it. So some background...

I would like to use this External Tools script to open Audacity (which is what I primarily use for audio editing) from a selected track in Mediamonkey. First of all, I wasn't sure how to properly the install the script (the .mmip file). After reading the knowledgebase article, I am now having the same issue as Oddbeat et al had in that I have the portable installation, so I am getting the ActiveX errors. I found this solution:
Steegy wrote:Hello Arindamc and Oddbeat,

Please delete the following line from the script and try again (by restarting MediaMonkey):

Cheers,
Steegy
Unfortunately, I cannot tell how to properly edit the script...opening the file in Notepad, I just see a whole bunch of gibberish. Do I need a special program to decode the .mmip file/script and then delete that line?

The other workaround from the Knowledgebase was to "register the MediaMonkey COM server", as instructed here http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 53&nav=0,2 but again, I have no idea how to do this...I see the MediamonkeyCOM file in the directly, but how do I change it?

Or is this all a waste of time? Obviously, my knowledge is limited in this regard, so if I'm meddling in something I should not be, let me know...appreciate in advance any and all points in the right direction.
MP3Joe

Post by MP3Joe »

Hello,

i have one question. Is it possible to configure External Tools with this Program:
http://funblog.themeparks.de/tag/mp3dir ... 3dirsorter

I want to have with a right click on a USB Stick in MM two choices: Sort by folders and sort by Files.

Is this possible and if so how do I set it?

Thank you in advance for the help!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@negcreep80:

The mmip (MediaMonkey Installation Package) file is a zip-compressed file (it just has extension mmip instead of zip) that contains the script's files and 'instructions' for MediaMonkey on how to install/uninstall these. To install the script, it suffices to double click it; then MediaMonkey should ask you if you want to install the script or not.

To edit the installed script, you need to look for the file ExternalTools.vbs. On Windows 7 it is located in C:\Users\casteleinr\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto.
In that file (open it preferably with Notepad) you can remove the line

A possible alternative for the "Portable Mode" installations, according to http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 53&nav=0,2 is editing the shortcut to the MediaMonkey application (right-click > Properties > tab Shortcut > target) to add /elevate /regserver at the end of "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe".
I suppose this should work:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe" /elevate /regserver
if that doesn't work try
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe" "/elevate /regserver"

Instead of editing the shortcut, you can also simply execute that command (in the run dialog box Windows+R or in the command prompt).
!! Anyway, make sure that the path to the MediaMonkey.exe file is correct four your computer (mine is 64bit, therefore MM is installed in Program Files (x86), as 32bit) !!

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

MP3Joe wrote:i have one question. Is it possible to configure External Tools with this Program:
http://funblog.themeparks.de/tag/mp3dir ... 3dirsorter
Hi MPJoe,

If that application supports command line parameters, then yes it is possible. But I don't think it supports them (from what I see on that web site).
I'd recommend that you ask the creater of that application. Maybe he can add support, i.e. to be able to use something like

Mp3DirSorter.exe/folders "pathtodirectorytorenamesort"
Cheers,
Steegy
MP3Joe

Post by MP3Joe »

Hi Steegy,

thanks for your reply.
The programm supports command line parameters:
/SortFolders
and
/SortFiles

The Website says: Simply specify the directory and / SortFolders and / or / SortFiles as a parameter.

How should I configure external tools for this to work (Right click on a USB stick in the list and then select Dirsorter.)?
Can you please tell me what I need to adjust?

Thanks!