Windows Vista Sidebar Gadget

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Windows Vista Sidebar Gadget

Post by Guest »

Hey,

I just wanted to check with , is there any way to interface with media monkey externally via ActiveX scripting, like a COM object? I was hoping to add support for it to this gadget.

Thanks
ljames28

Post by ljames28 »

Oops heresthe link
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Yeah sure, there's COM support.
Check out this forum, or maybe start with the wiki: Scripting > Introduction to scripting > About external scripts and applications
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
ljames28

Post by ljames28 »

If anyone who has vista could give me some feedback on this

That would be great :) For whatever reason, when i change track on media monkey it crashes to desktop, so i haven't tested it much at all.
Last edited by ljames28 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
gtbuzz

Post by gtbuzz »

I like the side bar. It took me a few minutes to figure out that most of the settings only affect the widget when it's not docked. Reminds me of CD Art Display with the added functionality of sidebar docking. Keep up the good work.
sasapuksic

Now Playing Gadget ...

Post by sasapuksic »

I wanted to use Now Playing gadget with MM but I just cant get it to work ... it simply couldn't connect to mediamonkey.exe ... doesn't show artwork at all ...

I am using it now as connection to my last.fm account.

It would be great if someone would make working vista gadget!!

:P :D 8) :P

Have fun and if I can help in any way ...

Post by Guest »

Have you got another computer you could try it with a fresh install of MM maybe? I mean normally when it works for most people, that would imply there's probably something different about your system making the API not function.
sasapuksic

Now Playing Vista Sidebar Widget

Post by sasapuksic »

NEW version works perfectly with MediaMonkey!!

:D :P :D

Thanx Law!!

Post by Guest »

OK, I'm gonna be stupid... I can't get it it work with MM, even with the latest version of the gadget. Can you please post explicit details of how you installed it, if you installed a plugin (the Winamp plugin?), how you configured things, etc.

Thanks!
sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic »

Haven't done nothing special ... just updated to latest release and it worked ...

No winamp plugin installed, just selected MM as my default player on start up of Now Playing widget.

Sorry to hear you have problems. I had them to some two weeks ago, when widget just couldn't get connected to MM ... it started up MM but no info was shown after that.

Well all I can say now that it works by me now. Maybe you should mail official developer James which was really very helpful at my case. Mail him you can find his email address at Now Playing download site ...

Sorry I could not help more.

:cry:
ljames28

Post by ljames28 »

I can only suggest its an issue on your end, if it works for some people then there shouldnt be an issue with the gadget, there are no plugins either so theres nothing to fail on the gadget side of things. Its weird but good it works for you Verona now
sasapuksic

New MM Icon?!

Post by sasapuksic »

It looks like MM is having new icon. I couldn't figure out whether or not this is official, but anyways, it really looks great!!

@ljames28: Thanks again for the best vista gadget there is!!

:D :D :D