Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Big Isch wrote:I just used "Advanced Filtering". Although MN-Views can be configured,
they do not seem to apply the filtering. Any help is welcome !
Sorry, there is no help for this. MM developers didn't exposed necessary API functions to enable using built-in filtering for scripters. There are several posts in this forum about this.
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

Hi,

I asked in 3.x Beta forum and got following answer:
(ISDBDatabase::ActiveFilterQuery From MMWiki)

Could this work ?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Big Isch wrote:Could this work ?
Yeah, that it is. Thanks.

There is a new version (1.7.2) with added MM3 filters.
sffww98

magic nodes disappear

Post by sffww98 »

On further testing, Magic Nodes does not appear on startup of MM (I have Magic Nodes in the Auto folder as a .vbs). I can get it to appear with my two Nodes by creating a new node or deleting an old node. The nodes work perfectly as long as they are there. I can get Magic Nodes to disappear by selecting Tools\Options and then selecting OK whether I modify any optioins or not. Or I can get Magic Nodes to disappear by shutting down and restarting MediaMonkey.
ZvezdanD

Re: magic nodes disappear

Post by ZvezdanD »

sffww98 wrote:I can get Magic Nodes to disappear by selecting Tools\Options and then selecting OK whether I modify any optioins or not.
Please try to install some another script which create new nodes, as I already suggested. If this script has same symptoms as Magic Nodes, i.e. if its nodes disappear on the same way, then this is definitely problem with MediaMonkey itself. Another thing you could try is to put nodes inside of the Library branch, not the Magic Nodes. For example, here is one of your masks:

Code: Select all

LatestEntered|Child of:Year|filter:<days since added><30\<date added>\<tempo|sort order:desc>\<album>
sffww98

Magic Nodes Disappears

Post by sffww98 »

Sorry ZvezdanD, I don't know how to modify or add to other nodes or branches. I also don't have any other scripts but Magic Nodes so can't test your theory so I did something else.

I have XP on a different machine. Up to date. I upgraded to MM 3.0.1.1127 and then installed MN 1.7.2 and then added my two nodes. Works like a charm on Windows XP. Thinking size might matter, I loaded my 70gb library just to be sure. No problem. Magic Nodes sticks and works very well. So everything works on Win XP.

On the Vista machine, I occasionally get an error 424, at line 1884 Column 8 that appears to be Magic Nodes.
sffww98

Magic Nodes DIsappears

Post by sffww98 »

I did some more testing and think Vista is interfering. If I am in my standard (non-admin) account, Magic Nodes generates the error at 1884 col 8 and Magic Nodes disappear. The disappearance is consistent and repeatable but the error is sporadic and so far not repeatable in any consistent fashion.

If I "run as administrator" Magic Nodes works fine. If I go to my admin account it also works fine. It is only acting up when I run as a standard user.
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes Disappears

Post by ZvezdanD »

sffww98 wrote:I don't know how to modify or add to other nodes or branches.
You could enter the mask which I typed in the previous post with Edit / Create Magic Node - I added Child of qualifier, which define where the node should be created, to your mask.

Anyway, I think that I found what could be a reason for this. It is not Vista fault. You are probably unchecked Magic Nodes in Options / Library / Filter and Views / None (Show all Tracks) / Configure / Default View Options dialog. I just tried that and I get same behavior as you.
On the Vista machine, I occasionally get an error 424, at line 1884 Column 8 that appears to be Magic Nodes.
I don't know why this is happening. This line is executed after creating/editing nodes. Please, let me know if previous suggestion has any effect on appearance of this error.
sffww98

magic nodes disappears is fixed

Post by sffww98 »

Thank you ZvezdanD, your detective work paid off. I found the place you showed me on Options\library\filters and view\ etc. Magic Nodes was unchecked. The two nodes were checked. I checked Magic Nodes and it works now. Again, thank you for a great job.

steve
SpOiLeR

Post by SpOiLeR »

This also resolves my problem with disapearing MagicNodes. Thing is that I am not Gold user so when I click on Filter Options I get the message about upgrading... This is not the problem, but after I saw the message I just skipped whole section and newer checked can I realy configure something there... This could be confusing for some users, so maybe somwhere in docs of MagicNodes should be mentioned that you actually should make them visible on this tab (if you want). Or maybe default setting should be that they are visible all the time?

Anyway, big THNX for great work...
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

SpOiLeR wrote:This also resolves my problem with disapearing MagicNodes.
I am glad that we resolved this. I don't think that I should modify the script to made it always visible. Maybe someone want such possibility to hide that node from time to time. This pertain to MediaMonkey settings and it is users responsibility how they will use that option. Magic Nodes is checked by default without a regard of Standard/Gold version. I don't know how, but you are unchecked it, not the script or the program itself.
sffww98

nodes disappear

Post by sffww98 »

I agree witht ZvezdanD that you should be able to show or hide nodes. To me the issue is how to find out about making nodes appear or not appear. In my case, they seemed to come and go with no checking or unckecking of options from me. The symptom means the Magic Nodes Node is unclecked. The solution is checking a box deep in the Filters section. Finding where that box is to check is not easy. I never would have thought to check a box in Tools\optioins\library\filters and views\none\configure\view - choose these nodes. Since more than one has encountered the problem, let's hope the Forum search finds something like "nodes disappear" or "nodes not appearing" etc. so people will find ZvezdanD's solution easily.
ZvezdanD

Re: nodes disappear

Post by ZvezdanD »

sffww98 wrote:In my case, they seemed to come and go with no checking or unckecking of options from me.
If that option is unchecked without your intervention, then this is a real problem, maybe with a regard of your observation about Vista and administrative rights. Anyway, it has nothing with Magic Nodes, but maybe with MediaMonkey.
The solution is checking a box deep in the Filters section. Finding where that box is to check is not easy.
There exists a faster way to get mentioned dialog box: right click on the tree window / Options / Choose Tree nodes.
sffww98

Post by sffww98 »

A review.
I installed Media Monkey 3.0.1.1127 and Magic Nodes 1.7.2 on:
Win Vista Ultimate (all important updates current).
With Standard Rights, Magic Nodes does not appear and the node is unchecked.
With Administrator Rights, Magic Nodes appears at all times (I did not see if the node is checked or unchecked).

and on:
Win XP SP 2 (all critical updates current).
Magic Nodes is checked and appears properly.

I don't think it is Magic Nodes. Vista is tangling things somehow, possibly returning an error or imagined security breach that Media Monkey interprets as "uncheck" the node. Since I have both Vista and XP sitting right here, I am going to do further testing to see what I can find.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new update of the script (1.7.3). Description of changes is in the first post of this thread.