Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Valrog wrote:Im wondering if this

Incomplete Albums|SQL filter:...

can be modified for the newest version.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 855#121855
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

PoooMukkel wrote:Is it possible, to turn this off? I don't want my node to be expanded, when starting MM3 again...
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 170#128170
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

ZvezdanD wrote:
PoooMukkel wrote:Is it possible, to turn this off? I don't want my node to be expanded, when starting MM3 again...
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 170#128170
Thank you! I'll try this script...

It seems, that TweakMonkey V1.02 isn't working to 100% with MM3. Some lines in the options are not readable... Is it possible, that MM3 opens the last shown Node from MagicNodes?
Cu,
PoooMukkel
Valrog

Post by Valrog »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Valrog wrote:Im wondering if this

Incomplete Albums|SQL filter:...

can be modified for the newest version.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 855#121855
O wow now thats a script.That did the job thanks much Zvez.I appreciate it.My apologies for not checkin every page.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

PoooMukkel wrote:It seems, that TweakMonkey V1.02 isn't working to 100% with MM3. Some lines in the options are not readable...
I don't know about it. I supported TweakMonkey only because of its possibility to turn off expanding of nodes during startup and that portion of this script works fine. Maybe you should post your message to the TweakMonkey thread, but I am afraid that its authors don't have an intention to work on its modifications anymore. Anyway, I consider a possibility to add expanding/collapsing of Magic nodes to the MN script natively, not with a help of some another script.
Is it possible, that MM3 opens the last shown Node from MagicNodes?
I am not sure what you want. First, you asked for a way to disable expanding of nodes. Now, you want to open the last shown node. Those two are contrary requests.

If you don't implement mentioned solution with TweakMonkey, the Magic Nodes script would try to open the last shown node during start-up, but only in cases when MM don't expand this node by itself. As I said before, it seems to me that MM sometimes expand MN nodes and sometimes don't. I didn't observed any regularity in this behavior and I think this is a MM bug (expanding of built-in MM nodes works always regular).
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

Maybe I'm not able to explain it with the right words... What I want... I want that behaviour which changed since V1.6.2.2. In older versions the Nodes didn't expand... Hope that I found the right words now... ;)
ZvezdanD wrote:Anyway, I consider a possibility to add expanding/collapsing of Magic nodes to the MN script natively, not with a help of some another script.
That's what I want. That would be the best solution. So I don't have to use other scripts for that. :)
Cu,
PoooMukkel
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

PoooMukkel wrote:I want that behaviour which changed since V1.6.2.2. In older versions the Nodes didn't expand...
No, you are wrong - they are expanded, but not always. This happened very rarely, depending of some weird MM3 internal algorithm. I hate when things are happening unpredictable, so I decided to implement expanding of the last shown node always (because this is default MM3 behavior). However, I added a check for TweakMonkey for those who don't want such behavior.

It would be the best if MM developers add an option to the Options dialog to switch this behavior on/off. MM2 didn't expanded nodes during start-up at all...
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

ZvezdanD wrote:However, I added a check for TweakMonkey for those who don't want such behavior.
Does this mean, that there is a new version available?
Cu,
PoooMukkel
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Can anyone convert this:

Compilations|child of:album|SQL filter:Artists.Artist = 'Various Artists' AND Songs.IDAlbum = ArtistsAlbums.IDAlbum AND ArtistsAlbums.IDArtist = Artists.ID\<Genre>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>

To the new version ? I can't seem to get it to work with it.

Thanks !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

PoooMukkel wrote:Does this mean, that there is a new version available?
No. Check for TweakMonkey was added with 1.6.2.2, but this is somewhat improved with 1.7.1.

I am just curious... What do you expect with a new version, beside of a possibility to switch expanding on/off?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

danhackley wrote:Can anyone convert this:
Here is a solution with the SQL filter qualifier:

Code: Select all

Compilations|child of:album|SQL filter:AlbumArtists.Artist = 'Various Artists' AND Songs.IDAlbum = ArtistsAlbums.IDAlbum AND ArtistsAlbums.IDArtist = AlbumArtists.ID\<Genre>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>
Here is a same solution with the Filter qualifier:

Compilations|child of:album|Filter:<Album Artist> = 'Various Artists'\<Genre>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>
Here is a much better thorgal67's solution (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 709#113709), modified for MM3:

Compilations|child of:album|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT DISTINCT Songs.IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist AND Songs.IDAlbum > 0)\<Genre>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>
Here is the most reliable Bex's solution (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 731#113731):

Compilations|child of:album|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum > 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(DISTINCT Artist) > 1)\<Genre>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

ZvezdanD wrote:What do you expect with a new version, beside of a possibility to switch expanding on/off?
Nothing more... Only this feature... ;)
Cu,
PoooMukkel

Post by Guest »

Wow.... thanks very much ZvezdanD ...... exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated :) :)

Post by Guest »

Hi!

I'm currently reorganizing my database and want to delete the "less- file- albums".

This means i want to find those Albums which hasn't more than 5 songs in it. (Next step will be to delete the album- tags and save not-album-songs into a file sorted by genre)

I hope to finally having a folder named "Albums" with almost complete albums and some genre- folders with single- files.

After searching i found MagicNodes. I read some posts and learned some basics. Especially not enough, cause i hadnt success with scripting.

What i need
A script which selects every album with less than 5 songs in it

What i tried yet
First try:

Mask6=Incomplete Albums|SQL filter: IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum, IIf(SongOrder+1>99,Left(SongOrder+1,1),0) HAVING (Max(Val(Right(SongOrder+1,2)))<>Count(*)) and Count(*)>2)|show tracks:no\<artist>
This script does not selects what i want to and is too complex for me too understand :/ (im so noobish -.-)

Second try:

incomplete Albums\<album|max tracks:5>
This script works fine, but it does not sort the files into one folder. I would have to select the albums one by one and edit it after another.
I read that i have to make the "max tracks:5" global, but how do i do this?

Hope somebody could help me with my problem... I'm continuing searching and trying now...

Thanks in advance,
MOnsDaR

(perhaps i should excuse myself for my english, hope the problem is explained in a understandable way ;) )
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Anonymous wrote:

Mask6=Incomplete Albums|SQL filter: IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum, IIf(SongOrder+1>99,Left(SongOrder+1,1),0) HAVING (Max(Val(Right(SongOrder+1,2)))<>Count(*)) and Count(*)>2)|show tracks:no\<artist>
This script does not selects what i want to and is too complex for me too understand
I didn't tried it, but this mask is for MM2. If you switch to MM3, here you have even more complicated mask (it is also more accurate): http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 855#121855. But those masks use different approach to display incomplete albums than your intention.

incomplete Albums\<album|max tracks:5>
This script works fine, but it does not sort the files into one folder. I would have to select the albums one by one and edit it after another.
I read that i have to make the "max tracks:5" global, but how do i do this?
Max tracks qualifier cannot be global. Instead, you should use a mask with some SQL Filter qualifier as it is the first one. If you want to display all tracks in the tracklist from all sub-nodes in the same time, you could click on the root node of the mentioned mask. In this case it is important not to use Show tracks:No as a global qualifier within the mask (you should remove it from the first mask if you want such display).

Another approach to display all tracks with only one node could be to use a field with some unique value which is same for all tracks, instead of <Album>. For example, if all your tracks are in the MP3 format, you could try the next mask (MM3):

Incomplete Albums|SQL Filter:Songs.IdAlbum IN (SELECT Songs.IdAlbum FROM  Songs, Albums WHERE  Songs.IDAlbum = Albums.ID  GROUP BY Songs.IdAlbum HAVING Count(*) <= 5)\<Format>