Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Magico

Re: Request for: "First Album Artist - Album" sorted by Albu

Post by Magico »

Or even getting really clever, if every 'first album artist' is the same as the Album Artist I've clicked on, then it might not have to display the first album artist at all? Now I'm getting really silly I know.
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by ZvezdanD »

Peter023 wrote:What is a donator? I've already purchased the Gold package.
You have paid to the Ventis Media for their program. This add-on is developed by me in my own free time. I am not employed by Ventis Media, nor I've been paid by them for this add-on (or anything else in that matter). I though it was obvious from the Donation section on the add-on's download page, but it seems that I need to update that information.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Re: Request for: "First Album Artist - Album" sorted by Albu

Post by ZvezdanD »

Magico wrote:I found a node option in magicnodes of "first album artist - album" and I love it, but what I'd really like is if the album folders were then sorted by the Album title rather than the first Album Artist.
I already answered to the similar question a few posts back: that is possible with the new version of this add-on which is not freely available to the public.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisdukes

Magic Nodes: Filter for tracks missing an artist?

Post by chrisdukes »

What's a Magic Nodes filter to find tracks missing an artist?
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
https://soundcloud.com/chris_dukes
------------------------------------------------
MediaMonkey Gold Lifetime v4.1.31.1919
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM
Lowlander

Re: How do yo write a filter to find tracks missing an artis

Post by Lowlander »

AutoPlayist/Advanced Search with Artist is unknown.
chrisdukes

Re: Magic Nodes: Filter for tracks missing an artist?

Post by chrisdukes »

Good suggestion but I had forgotten to add "Magic Nodes" to the subject. :o
Thanks though. :D
https://soundcloud.com/chris_dukes
------------------------------------------------
MediaMonkey Gold Lifetime v4.1.31.1919
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

chrisdukes wrote:but I had forgotten to add "Magic Nodes" to the subject.
and to post it in the right place.
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes: Filter for tracks missing an artist?

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisdukes wrote:What's a Magic Nodes filter to find tracks missing an artist?

Code: Select all

<Multi Artist> = ''
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I've been searching around in this thread for a solution to my current problem as well as playing around with a test node myself and have yet to find a solution that works. I've got this rather simple node in my tree:

Code: Select all

Album Artist with Date|Icon:Top level|Child of:Artist\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Date)>
I find that I use it more often than I do the built in Artist or Album Artist nodes. However there's a case that I run into often that I find annoying, and that's different "versions" of albums. These days it's not uncommon to have an album released with a few different versions. The standard edition, a Deluxe edition, maybe a Best Buy exclusive edition, etc. I usually tag them in a form such as "Album Title [Edition]", so I've got several albums that have a "Album Title" and a "Album Title [Deluxe Edition]", the latter being the 3-4 bonus tracks, or the second disc, etc.

There are times I'd like to be able to go through that node and instead of having those two editions listed separately, instead just have the one node for the album, ignoring the brackets. I've played around with "Left of" and such, but that'll still create separate nodes that just hide the bracketed part. Is it possible to combine the nodes into one?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Mizery_Made wrote:I've played around with "Left of" and such, but that'll still create separate nodes that just hide the bracketed part. Is it possible to combine the nodes into one?
Yes, using Left of is way to go in your case. I don't understand why it is not working for you. What do you expect and what did you get exactly?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Uh... oops. I don't wanna talk about it! I was sooooo focused on the "brackets," that I completely spaced on, well... the space! Ha. So I was getting correct results before, an "Album Title" and an "Album Title " node, haha. Putting " [" in the Left Of works as expected now.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm having a problem with some Magic Nodes that I either modified or I had help creating, because MN is really complicated for me. The problem is that many times a node that I configured to be a playlist won't refresh. There's no rhyme or reason that I have noticed...sometimes they can be refreshed sometimes not.By that I mean when I right-click on it the menu for Edit, Delete, or Refresh the node isn't available.

Here's one that does refresh, or it did today anyway.
<Group|Name:Album Ratings|Show tracks:No>\xAlbums with avg. track rating > 3.5 stars with at least 4 songs|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Rating >= 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Avg(Rating) > 70 AND Count(Rating) >= 4)|Child of:Playlists|Position:Child\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)>

The only difference between this one and the ones where the menu doesn't show is the red 70 is a different number like 60 or 65. Thank you for any help.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The Filter qualifier doesn't affect the appearance of Edit/Delete/Refresh menu items of Magic nodes, especially not changed some number inside of it.

Playlist nodes created with the last freely available version of Magic Nodes has Refresh menu item enabled only if you select their global node. If you don't know what is a MN global node then please read the PDF user manual.

The Refresh menu item is enabled for group and local MN nodes as well in the new MN version which also has many bug-fixes and improvements related to the MN created playlist nodes. It has also added one new MN playlist's type selectable in the Position combo box called Auto-child which allows the automatic refresh of playlist nodes whenever you click on them similarly to the auto-playlists.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Here is one more teaser for the next version of this add-on. If you select some Magic node and choose the Adjust Magic Node option you could get something like this (the dialog could be resized):

Now it is much easier to adjust some parameters of some existing masks than modifying them in the Magic Nodes Settings dialog box in the Filter area - just move the corresponding slider or use the spin control. To allow this the add-on uses the new tags with the syntax similar to those that I have already implemented in the RegExp Find & Replace add-on. Here is what you need to add to the existing mask:

<Group|Name:Album Ratings|Show tracks:No>\(Complete) Albums with (weighted) avg. file rating >= <ID:3> stars|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Rating >= 0 <If|Caption:Only complete albums having number of files equal to maximal track #|Value=1|ID:1>AND Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(*) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(*) >= <Number|Caption:Min. number of files per album|Value:5|MinValue:1|MaxValue:20|ID:2>) <End If>GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING <If|Caption:Average file rating weighted by track length|Value:1>Sum(SongLength * Rating) / Sum(SongLength)<Else>Avg(Rating)<End If> >= <Number|Caption:Min. rating (stars)|Value:4|MinValue:0|MaxValue:5|ID:3> * 20)\<Album with Album Artist|Statistic:Count(All), Avg(Rating)>

There is no limit for the number of tags and corresponding controls per mask. Adding those new tags is optional. If you don't add them your masks will be as before, but without possibility to adjust them using the new Adjust Magic Node option. The masks with new tags are longer and somewhat harder to write, but you could do that just once and after that their adjustment will be child's play. Of course, all predefined masks are already written with such new tags so you could use them out of the box.

Here is one more example:

<Group|Name:Random|Show tracks:No>\<ID:1> Random files (rated <ID:3> stars or more) from each Artist (having at least <ID:5> files)|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, (SELECT IDArtist FROM ArtistsSongs WHERE IfNull(ArtistsSongs.PersonType, 1) = 1 GROUP BY IDArtist<If|Caption:Show only artists that have at least the specified number of files|Value:1|ID:4> HAVING Count(*) >= <Number|Caption:Minimum of files|Value:5|MinValue:0|ID:5><End If>) AS T1 WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = T1.IDArtist <If|Caption:Show only if files are rated more or equal than the specified number|Value:1|ID:2>AND Rating >= <Number|Caption:Rating (stars)|Value:3|MinValue:0|MaxValue:5|ID:3> * 20 <End If>ORDER BY Random() LIMIT <Number|Caption:Files per artist|Value:2|MinValue:0|ID:1>))|Sort by:Multi artist Random\<Artist>

The color highlighting of tags is not implemented in the add-on. I used it here just to show what is added.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

ZvezdanD wrote:The Filter qualifier doesn't affect the appearance of Edit/Delete/Refresh menu items of Magic nodes, especially not changed some number inside of it.

Playlist nodes created with the last freely available version of Magic Nodes has Refresh menu item enabled only if you select their global node. If you don't know what is a MN global node then please read the PDF user manual.

The Refresh menu item is enabled for group and local MN nodes as well in the new MN version which also has many bug-fixes and improvements related to the MN created playlist nodes. It has also added one new MN playlist's type selectable in the Position combo box called Auto-child which allows the automatic refresh of playlist nodes whenever you click on them similarly to the auto-playlists.
Thank you for your quick and thorough response. I read the manual and I believe my nodes qualify as global (plus you didn't say anything was wrong with the mask), so it looks like my MM and MN are behaving in a way you say they shouldn't concerning the Edit/Delete/Refresh menu. I also have MR acting in a way trixmoto says isn't possible. I can only conclude I have some quirks in MM, version 4.0.7.1511, and will wait until 4.1 releases to see if the behaviour changes. Thank you again.