Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, so it appears to work up to and including the caption node but not beyond. I was trying it on sub-caption nodes before, to no avail.
The caption level is reasonably deep enough. :)

Thanks
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Also, If you change the location (or filename) of icons, will it automatically detect then update it?
Same for RFR?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:If you change the location (or filename) of icons, will it automatically detect then update it?
Yes, after you click on the Update button.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:Yes, after you click on the Update button.
So, if I move them outside of MM (w/ or w/o MM running; individually or en masse) a message/dialog will popup asking to update?
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:So, if I move them outside of MM (w/ or w/o MM running; individually or en masse) a message/dialog will popup asking to update?
Sorry, I didn't understand what you really want. No, the add-on cannot detect if you moved ICO files and cannot know where you moved them.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:Sorry, I didn't understand what you really want. No, the add-on cannot detect if you moved ICO files and cannot know where you moved them.
Hey, it is what it is.

If that's not the case, the only sensible/painless way I can think of to change the ICO path is to edit the INI section with
text editor find and replace (after backing up, of course). What were you talking about with your original reply?
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I though you are wondering what will happen if you change ICO file manually using Icon combo box.

By the way, if ICO files are stored in the same folder with the program or some of its sub-folders, then only their relative paths will be saved within masks in the INI file. For example, instead of c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Test.ico you will have Scripts\Auto\Test.ico. So, if you have portable version of the program and you move it to some another folder you don't need to edit ICO paths in INI file.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Good to Know.

Actually, they were in two different custom folders (parent and one nested) within Auto (previous attempt at trying to clean
up the mess in my Auto; lots of backups and a mess of icons). Anyway, I tested it by moving just one icon outside of MM and it didn't work, as
evidenced by text only at toolbar position in MM. I corrected it manually and proceeded to change the rest
via text editor. Now, they are all in a single, renamed custom folder inside of Auto. It was "whip, bam, boom" - everything back to beautiful now! 8)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

From RFR
MMFrLife wrote:Feature Request:

Make the description dialog field capable of being moved down from home position by pressing enter (also can press enter from end position).
It would be nice to be able to input notes/custom descriptions with good separation if also wanting to keep the original descriptions in custom presets.
Similar idea but not so easy with MN as it is different in nature. Although, maybe you could put a dropdown field at the very bottom
of Edit (maybe also Settings) dialog. You could type in and it would show custom info similar to MM in-line dropdown for Comments or Lyrics fields.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:From RFR
MMFrLife wrote:Feature Request:

Make the description dialog field capable of being moved down from home position by pressing enter (also can press enter from end position).
It would be nice to be able to input notes/custom descriptions with good separation if also wanting to keep the original descriptions in custom presets.
Similar idea but not so easy with MN as it is different in nature. Although, maybe you could put a dropdown field at the very bottom
of Edit (maybe also Settings) dialog. You could type in and it would show custom info similar to MM in-line dropdown for Comments or Lyrics fields.
I understand this even less than the one mentioned in the RFR thread. Could you be more descriptive?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Descriptions aren't really needed so much with MN because they tend to be easier to grasp from the
Groups-Titles (i.e. from MagicNodes preset install group). But it would be nice if there was a place to have
notes or expand on presets like the large box in RFR. However, the large box in MN is taken
up by/for Group-Node positioning. So, I don't know of another area that would provide a space for such a thing.

But is it possible to add a field like the Mask field at the bottom of the mentioned dialogs?
This one would be at the very bottom and be a dropdown (actually it may resort to rising up, when far right arrow is clicked
being that it is at the bottom; likely in fullscreen expansion). It would be like when you view Comments field in-line in MM.
That is a dropdown field that is very narrow but expands to allow viewing of a significant amount of info.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

...well, sorry, Comments and lyrics are not typical dropdowns, rather they stretch/expand outward when being pulled.
Is it possible with either type (arrow clickable or stretch fields). Are the far-right arrow fields even capable of showing a block of info?
Sorry about the terminology. I'm sure their are better terms.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I am sorry, but I still don't understand what you want. Currently, you cannot add notes to masks. The only place where you could put some description is in the mask caption. I already though about adding the Description control/field to the masks, similar to the one in RFR, it is on ToDo list.

You cannot have two controls in a resizable dialog box that will change the same dimension (vertically or horizontally). In the Mask Settings dialog box the only control which could change both dimensions when you resize dialog box is Filter (in the Manage Masks dialog box it is the table with masks, in the Preset Settings dialog box of RFR it is the table with files). So, if I add a new control to the Mask Settings dialog box like Description, it could be resized only horizontally, but not vertically. That is the reason why the Description control in the RFR could be resized only horizontally.

However, if you click on the "^" button, you will get displayed the whole mask inside one large text box that covers the whole Mask Settings dialog box.

By the way, about terminology, I suggest that you use control names that Microsoft use for their applications: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:I am sorry, but I still don't understand what you want.
Ok, it sounds like it won't work. Your idea to add description sounds good, even though
I'm not certain exactly what you mean.

Thinks for the Windows info. I learned a couple of proper names. Just to clarify/name what I
was talking about, here are a couple of shots of the box that I can't find a proper name for

https://imgur.com/a/vIfet
"Resizable" (something or another)

I was thinking at the bottom of MagicNodes edit & settings where add, update, cancel are. Similar
to where Find is in both RFR and Manage of MN.

But it sounds like it won't work from what you are saying. Can't resize it both ways
and/or even put it in that location. Oh well :wink:
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:here are a couple of shots of the box that I can't find a proper name for
That is a simple multi-line text box that is made floating and resizable by MM developers. Unfortunately, such text boxes are not available through their scripting API. They could be made resizable in scripts as you resize their parent form like Filter text box in Mask Settings dialog box, but they cannot be made floating and resizable independently of their parent form.