Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by MMFrLife »

If I'm trying to isolate certain words in say, the title, how would I filter out any variations of that word?

For ex.,
If I do something like: <Title> Like '%polar%' OR <Lyrics> Like '%polar%'
How do I prevent it from including words that have that at their root, like "polarize"; without having to add negations
for all the variations to the filter?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Well, without regular expressions, hardly. MM devs promised that they will implement regex to their database engine, but there is still nothing in sight.

It could be relatively simple if you have only space character in the front and/or the end of such word, but problem will rise if you have also some punctuation characters, e.g. dot or comma or dash or parentheses.

It would be much easier if you use RegExp Find & Replace for such things.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Hi all, does anyone know if it's possible to create a node that lists tracks that were recently added to playlists? I know I can have a node that shows when tracks were added to the database, but I'd like one for when I add them to playlists. I'm getting turned around trying to modify an existing node for this...

Thanks!
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MagGyver wrote:does anyone know if it's possible to create a node that lists tracks that were recently added to playlists?
That is not possible since the PlaylistSongs table, which contains information about files in playlists, doesn't contain a field with a date when file is added to the table.

However, the Playlist table, which contains information about playlists and their relations, contains information when a playlist is last modified in any way. This is not what you want, but just as a note.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

ZvezdanD wrote:
MagGyver wrote:does anyone know if it's possible to create a node that lists tracks that were recently added to playlists?
That is not possible since the PlaylistSongs table, which contains information about files in playlists, doesn't contain a field with a date when file is added to the table.

However, the Playlist table, which contains information about playlists and their relations, contains information when a playlist is last modified in any way. This is not what you want, but just as a note.
Thanks. So if I wanted to use this information somehow (about when playlist is last modified) in a node, would it give me a workaround for the list I'm looking for?
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MagGyver wrote:So if I wanted to use this information somehow (about when playlist is last modified) in a node, would it give me a workaround for the list I'm looking for?
I don't know what you mean by "workaround". As I said, you cannot find a date when some particular file is added to the playlist. There is no a workaround for such thing. But there is information when some playlist was modified and that info could be used in Filter, e.g. to display all files from playlists that are modified on a specified date, or something like that. "Modified" means that some file is added to or removed from or moved inside a playlist.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

This mask works only in MM4 with MN5.x:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Playlists...>\Songs in playlists modified in last <ID:1> days|Icon:Top level|Filter:julianday('now') - julianday(Playlists.LastModified) <= <Number|Caption:Maximum number of days|Value:7|MinValue:1|MaxValue:1000|ID:1>\<Playlist>
SteveMills

magic node filter

Post by SteveMills »

For a "MagicNode", I would like a filter of:

<Type> = 'Classical Music'

but that does not seem to be accepted.

Suggestions?
SteveMills

magic nodes filter by <Type> fails

Post by SteveMills »

LET ME TRY AGAIN:
>For a "MagicNode", I would like a filter of:
><Type> = 'Classical Music' but that does not seem to be accepted.
>Suggestions?

When I try to open a node with that filter, I get the message:

"The mask defining this Magic Node produced an error. ... probably resides in the Filter or SQL filter ..."

The "manual" is 9 years old and for a previous version. I am using MN 4.3.1 on MM 4.1.18.1853 Gold

The manual implies that Type is not a valid field.

---
How can I filter a Magic Node to show only Type='Classical Music'???
ZvezdanD

Re: magic nodes filter by <Type> fails

Post by ZvezdanD »

SteveMills wrote:The "manual" is 9 years old and for a previous version. I am using MN 4.3.1 on MM 4.1.18.1853 Gold

The manual implies that Type is not a valid field.
The manual is 9 years old indeed, but the add-on's Web page and its Usage section is quite new and up to date.

If some field cannot be found in the Fields and Filter combo boxes in the Mask Settings dialog box, then it is not supported.

By the way, the donation-only version has a support for the fields added in MM4 as Type:
v5.0 - 2014-04-19
* Added: new MM4 fields: Actor(s), Producer, Season #, Episode #, Episode # - Title, Parental Rating, Framerate, Resolution, Video Width, Video Height, Bookmark, Start Time, Stop Time, Skipped #, Type
MPG

Magic Nodes Experts

Post by MPG »

I have a challenge for all you Magic Nodes experts!
I'm looking for a query that will return a random list of albums where:
1) I have all of the songs on the album
2) I have not listened to all of the songs on the album (if you can get it to be an album where I haven't listened to any of the songs....even better)
3) They are in the genre of Blues, Classical, Comedy, Country, Documentary, Easy Listening, Jazz, Pop, or Rock
4) Return a maximum of 40 albums.

Any takers?
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
JimRPh

Library corrupted?

Post by JimRPh »

I installed this script. I looked at the node for songs in 2 or more playlists. I then added a song in one playlist to another playlist and didn't see a change. So, I decided to exit MediaMonkey and restart it. Noww I get an error message that my Library File can't be opened. Sadly, it was not backed up and as I just started using MediaMonkey, I had done a lot of work on setting up a lot of filtered views. Is there any way to recover this file? Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could try MediaMonkey 5 from it's own forum and see if it can maintain your Library. It can do this better than MediaMonkey 4.
JimRPh

Post by JimRPh »

Thanks lowlander. Found the file was SQLite. Found utility "DB Browser for SQLite" that said the file was locked. Downloaded Microsoft's Process Explorer. Turned out MediaMonkey was still running, despite what the taskbar icon showed. I killed the process. Now, my library is back. First item of business is backup.
stephensimpson53

Search for a Playlist and Display the Song Titles

Post by stephensimpson53 »

I am trying to get Magic Nodes 5.x to locate the autoplaylist named 'F1: 4 Stars' which is a Child of another playlist in MM4.x. After it locates the autoplaylist named 'F1: 4 Stars', I will want it to display only 30 random songs from that playlist. This is what I have so far. This is my first real attempt at trying to create a major Filter with MN.

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Tasks>\In Particular Autoplaylist|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM PlaylistSongs INNER JOIN Playlists ON Playlistsongs.IDPlaylist IN (SELECT IDPlaylist FROM Playlists WHERE Playlists.PlaylistName = 'F1: 4 Stars'))
Finally after 2 days, no error messages...however, no songs either. Actually, after the script runs I get nothing. What am I doing wrong?