How to setup Visual C++ Express for MM ?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

botijo

How to setup Visual C++ Express for MM ?

Post by botijo »

Hi, everybody,
I have been struggling a lot with Visual C++ 2008 Express this afternoon, after I installed it for the first time. I do not find the correct way to "add reference" to the MM COM Object in VC++, although it did work for VC#. There is so much information that I cannot see how to do this right. Even telling me what are the basic steps will do me a favour - so confused I am at this stage.
By the way, there is no way I can try another compiler unless it is free and supports the upnphost interface. That is the reason I cannot continue with VC#.
Thanks for your time.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Really too bad that you can't use C#. It's a much more modern language.

Anyway, in VC++ open/create a project and then use:
menu Project > References... > Add New Reference... > COM > MediaMonkey Library > OK

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
botijo

Post by botijo »

Ok, I got that tip... But I still cannot see the path of yellow bricks. I see that using COM objects in VC++ is ultimately complex, too much for a wannabe programmer like me. Although I am not sure if that is programming anymore - too much documentation reading, and not much algorithm solving.
I will continue my effort in documentation reading (although I cannot make any sense at all of how to use the MM interface in C++). If you find more info in the meantime, please let me know.
Update: I just hate VC++....
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Take a look at the C++ sample code I just put in the wiki: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... plications

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
botijo

Post by botijo »

Thanks a lot!
It looks like a wannabe programer like me has to learn a lot if I want to do something as complex as what I want to do. I really really find documentation by Microsoft not for people without experience.
Again, thanks.
Skywave

VB.Net and MM

Post by Skywave »

Hi Steegy

I appreciate that you point us in the Northerly direction on the Wiki :D

However... I want to go North West. Meaning that instead of opening a new instance of MM (which is what happens with CreateObject("SongsD.SDBApplicationClass")), I want to connect to the existing one.

I've tried GetObject in VB.Net with "SongsDB.SDBApplicationClass" as the classname, without specifying the path. I've also tried it with "Winamp v1.x". Both of them throw up a "Can't create ActiveX object" error. :cry:

Any ideas?

Thanx
Skywave