A script idea... possibly.

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

chemacky

A script idea... possibly.

Post by chemacky »

I've been wanting this little simple update for a very long time, however I'm not at all computer technical, nor am I good with the search button. I am fairly sure it doesn't exist however... well as far as I can tell anyway.

Essentially, you could just right-click a song, or several songs, weather it is in the main window part, or the now playing part, and select "Play Next" or possibly "En queue" would be a better term.

Because I think it should work a little bit differently than the "play Next" function MM already has. I think it would work much better if it actually En queued the song/s so that they/it were played NEXT. Weather Media Monkey shuffling or not.

I think that just about covers it. So I'm just hoping that someone who can script would like this idea :D.

Thanks!
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

anyone wanting to create this.. just a plan.

- add the command to the right click menu
- upon click it:
- adds the track next in the playlist
- checks if shuffle is on (and remembers for later)
- turns shuffle off
- sets up an event for onTrackChange

-upon track change, it:
- sets shuffle back to what it used to be
- removes the track change event

voila!
Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

in a simplely put way. you want a script to play next that overrides the mm3 default playnext feature and the shuffle feature?
because as media monkey is now set up it see's the whole playlist as one song to be played first then plays the next selected song/s.

why? simply because when you want to hear a song next you want to hear a song next. not after all the other playlist songs have been played.

is that correct? :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
chemacky

Post by chemacky »

That is correct!

I have an enqueue feature on my iriver h320, and I constantly use it! I really love it.

Someone with any knowledge, please take this on! <3
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This is an existing wish. I think there's already a script for that.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).