RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:I believe there may be a bug.
As I said, and as it is stated in the What is new section:
" * Removed: many redundant presets to allow faster work, but many presets now have doubled function using the new groups with radio buttons; e.g. almost all "Copy..." presets could work as old "Assign..." or "Append..." presets;"

So, if you choose Append option, you will append the part of source field to the destination field. However, if you choose Assign option, you will overwrite the destination field with the same part of the source field.

If you choose Append option, you could specify Separator which will be inserted between the old content of the destination field and the appended part from the source field, but only if both of them are non-empty. This is intended behavior. If you choose Assign option, you could choose "Copy entire field if it doesn't contain specified strings" option which is self-explanatory, I suppose. Is this the answer to your question?

By the way, there is the very detailed Description field for every preset giving examples with preset's arguments. Also, you could choose the Tune option from the Preset Settings dialog box to get the same adjustment dialog without starting execution of the preset from the menu/tooolbar. I am pretty sure that you know all that, but just to mention.

Now, could you tell me exactly when there is a bug? Some examples, please?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

As I was trying to say,
If the default "Assign" already does both assign and append, what would I need the option to change to append for?

I'm not sure how to make it any simpler than the test instructions (to clarify, the second execution is on the same field but a different track or album, it
may not make a difference if it's the same track/album; just stating the way I did it). I guess I can just continue to use it the way it is.

Unless you are saying that it is supposed to do that, initially. And I'm supposed to change it some way to get it to do something differently?
If so, I don't know how. Maybe I need to read all that, not to get the general idea, but to find the one little detail that keys me to how to change it.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

To add, if you need me to literally wite out an example of what I'm talking about, let me know.
Actually, let me play around with it some more to see if I can come up with exactly how I did it, originally.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:If the default "Assign" already does both assign and append, what would I need the option to change to append for?
What is "the default" Assign? How the Assign option does append? This is why I needed your examples. If you don't want to do that, here are my examples:
Source field is "Blah blah (even more blah)", Destination field is "whatever", Opening string is "(", Closing string is ")", Separator is " - ":
1. Assign -> destination field will be "even more blah";
2. Append -> destination field will be "whatever - even more blah".
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:What is "the default" Assign?
"Assign" as default - It's the case regardless of any issue. If you just use the preset as is, and never make any changes, it will
execute "assign".

The issue I thought it was having - The default state doesn't need to be changed to get both options.

Unless you think that is incorrect terminology. I was actually going to suggest that in the wording of the preset. At the end of the name could be
something like ".................. (default is "Assign")". Although, this is because I was originally using it from Preset Settings Dialog (as I do first with any
presets), not menu or toolbar button tuner. But whatever you think.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding its correct operation, it appears to be working as it's supposed to.

It "seemed" there was some way or combination that I did to result in an appending after an assign, while still in assign state.
But I can't for the life of me figure out what I actually did. I was sick and kind of out of it when that occured.
I distinctly remember, at least twice, opening the presets dialog with that "Copy" preset loaded and it showing "append" change
results/execution to a field with something already in it (without changing it to any append state). I can't reproduce "exactly" what
occured. I'm sure I must have been off on some detail, though. If I come across a similar case/remember what happened, I'll report back with
an exact, step-by-step example.

Thanks for the patience (see next question below)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Next question:

If my path is,
"Z:\FL1\FL2 2017\FL3\01 Killer Song, Dude.flac

I want to "move" 2017 from the "end" of folder level 2 to the
"beginning" of folder level 2.

note: there is no separator involved and the date string varies across
several different albums.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:I want to "move" 2017 from the "end" of folder level 2 to the
"beginning" of folder level 2.
Using batch and some temporary field, e.g. Custom1:
- Assign left(or right)-specified folder level of Path to <Into Field>
- Move specified number of words from the end to the begin of <Into Field>
- Assign <From Field> to left(or right)-specified folder level of Path
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Wunderbar! :D
Works great.

Although, it requires a 4th preset to clean temp field.
😜
kluv

Post by kluv »

I don't see any preset that deals with album covers. How would I delete album covers as part of my batch presets?

P.S. I had to switch out my hard drive and I was dreading inputting all my custom presets but when I actually sat down and got to work it was awesomely easy. Thanks for a great music saving program...

Thank you for your help!!!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kluv wrote:I don't see any preset that deals with album covers. How would I delete album covers as part of my batch presets?
This add-on cannot work with album covers, it is applicable only to the fields/tags consisting strings/dates/numbers.
kluv

Post by kluv »

ZvezdanD wrote:This add-on cannot work with album covers, it is applicable only to the fields/tags consisting strings/dates/numbers.
Awww man... I was looking forward to being a guinea pig. Thanks for looking into it.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kluv wrote:I was looking forward to being a guinea pig.
Ok, here it is at your own risk:

Preset: Remove album covers
Find what: ^.*
RegExp (F.): checked
Replace with: "$&" & Execute("<If Value="bReplacing">Dim iCover: For iCover = oSongData.AlbumArt.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1: <If Caption="Only album covers stored in tags" Value=1 ID=1>If oSongData.AlbumArt.Item(iCover).ItemStorage = 0 Then: <End If>oSongData.AlbumArt.Delete iCover: <If ID:1>End If: <End If>Next: oSongData.AlbumArt.UpdateDB<End If>")
VBScript (R.): checked

It is working only with v5 add-on, please let me know how it is doing.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Wow! Way cool.
Thanks.

I don't know that I would use it too often but could be very handy. For now, I'll have to create some file "copies" to test.
When I can get around to it, I'll report back 8)
😜
kluv

Post by kluv »

ZvezdanD wrote:Ok, here it is at your own risk:
I'm not sure of what standard you would consider a test as successful but I've used your Album cover remover with no problems. I downloaded a few songs and used it on songs I planned to delete, it removed the album cover on the tags but not album covers I had on my storage drive.
...is there anything specific you'd like to see or know about? I have plenty of music to delete so I can try some stuff.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kluv wrote:it removed the album cover on the tags but not album covers I had on my storage drive.
...is there anything specific you'd like to see or know about?
Did you try to turn off the "Only album covers stored in tags" option? If you turned it off, did you get removed links to external bitmaps in media files?