RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:You don't need to experiment with the mentioned preset and Last Played field. You could use the "Assign specified string to <Into Field>" preset, the Into field would be Timestamp of course and you could set any regular date to the string as you want, e.g. 2001-01-01, and see if you get it in Windows Explorer.
Yes, I thought of that one, but it's only really practical when you want the modified date/time to be the same for all files or
for manually changing only a "few" unique stamps.

I tried it in the earlier dypsis request example with "Added" (2 pages back). Do you need me to test with Last played?
ZvezdanD wrote:soon when I finish with its next version
That's great to know. I'm seriously looking forward to the correct "Capitalize with exceptions..." preset discussed before (regarding "\s" and "\w" mods).
It's really the only serious preset hurdle I have left with my editing process. I thought about temporarily batching two mods of it. But fortunately, before
attempting, I figured out that they would contradict/undo each other when executed. :wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Yes, I thought of that one, but it's only really practical when you want the modified date/time to be the same for all files or
for manually changing only a "few" unique stamps.
I am not talking about practical use, but about experimentation. It would be easier for you to assign a date to the Timestamp manually and to check if it is actually updated in Windows Explorer, than to play the tracks waiting them to finish and then to copy their Last Played date to the Timestamp.

However, as I said, I am pretty sure that you are not using the latest version of the add-on, and hence your discordance with our results. No need for further tests, the bug is already fixed in v4.4.8 and will be fixed in the next donation-only update as well.
MMFrLife wrote:I'm seriously looking forward to the correct "Capitalize with exceptions..." preset discussed before (regarding "\s" and "\w" mods).
Why are you waiting for it when you could modify it by yourself using my suggestion? As I said, just replace "(?!^)\b" with "\s".
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:It would be easier for you to assign a date to the Timestamp manually and to check if it is actually
updated in Windows Explorer, than to play the tracks waiting them to finish and then to copy their Last Played date to the
Timestamp.
Including that part makes it easier to understand that your focus was "only" on the Timestamp being changed, regardless of
what's changing it.
ZvezdanD wrote:However, as I said, I am pretty sure that you are not using the latest version of the add-on, and hence
your discordance with our results. No need for further tests, the bug is already fixed in v4.4.8 and will be fixed in the
next donation-only update as well.
I have whatever the latest version is of the enhanced version you last sent. But, yes, I knew you said something about
the free version and reverting to an old preset .
ZvezdanD wrote:Why are you waiting for it when you could modify it by yourself using my suggestion? As I said, just
replace "(?!^)\b" with "\s".
I thought we already covered this here. I did all that and more, but it didn't work.
MMFrLife wrote: I need to add the new functionality to the already modified version, as referred to in the link.
That's why I couldn't get it to work the first time.
You seemed to confirm what I was saying in the follow-up post. In your confirmation,
you seemed to just be reviewing over what was already done and stating that you would rectify that
situation.

Now, if you were also trying to imply something "new" or different than what was already discussed, then
I guess I missed it.

Anyway, now, "I" certainly do not understand from what was discussed before. I might have been confusing in the way
I was presenting it before, so let me give a complete example rather than have you surf/link between the two examples
of the elements I'm trying to combine as provided earlier.

song ex.:
"In Outer Space (The Love Theme) -lv -xb"

If "(The" is capitalized already, it needs to stay that way. If not, it should be (with the mod it turns it to
or keeps it lowercase). At the same time, "-lv -xb" needs to stay the way it is (with the mod it converts
it to an uppercase leading letter).

both the "\s" and the "\b" mods work correctly, but only when done separately; not together. And like I said
in the previous post, you can't batch two modded versions together or they contradict each other.

With all that said, let me double check it later (not in front of me) just to be certain it doesn't work and that
I'm describing the proper sequence/results.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Including that part makes it easier to understand that your focus was "only" on the Timestamp being changed, regardless of
what's changing it.
That was a point of test, right? To check if the Date Modified is changed in Windows Explorer by RegExp.
MMFrLife wrote:I have whatever the latest version is of the enhanced version you last sent. But, yes, I knew you said something about
the free version and reverting to an old preset .
I don't understand the part about reverting to "an old preset", but I am pretty sure from your earlier description of the problem that you don't have installed the latest version that I sent you (v5.0.3).
MMFrLife wrote:I thought we already covered this here. I did all that and more, but it didn't work.
If "(The" is capitalized already, it needs to stay that way. If not, it should be (with the mod it turns it to
or keeps it lowercase).
I don't know why it is not working for you, but on my computer when I replace "(?!^)\b" with "\s" in the preset that is supplied with the RegExp v5.0.3, I get "(The" as that, i.e. it doesn't become "(the".
MMFrLife wrote:At the same time, "-lv -xb" needs to stay the way it is
If you want some words to stay as they are, why don't you add them in the Specific string of the preset?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
bebizzy

RegExp remove Key & Energy from Title

Post by bebizzy »

I've seen a few solutions to needed wildcard issues for RegExp, but nothing works for what I'm doing.

I used Mixed In Key years ago to add music key and energy (1-10) to the title line, but I'd like to remove them across about 50,000 files. The Title line looks like this

"Perfect Illusion (Promo Only Intro Edit) - 11a - 7"

I'd like to remove everything to the right of the title ( - 11a - 7) but can't seem to find an automated way to do it, and to go through individually removing each key and energy pair would be horrible.

If anyone has a solution to do this with wildcard characters or anything else, I would be grateful!

Thanks.
bebizzy

Re: RegExp remove Key & Energy from Title

Post by bebizzy »

I think I found a (dirty) solution, but it will work for most.

I used Preset #123 - Remove the end of <Title> after (and including) specified string...

I removed everything after and including " - ". I'm sure it will screw up a few titles, but that will be easier to fix individually than changing 50k titles one at a time.

This tool made things much easier!
MMFrLife

Re: RegExp remove Key & Energy from Title

Post by MMFrLife »

bebizzy wrote:I'd like to remove everything to the right of the title ( - 11a - 7)
If removing the format " - 11a - 7" (at the end of field) is your only concern, it would be easier to use,

Preset 52 = "Remove specified number of words from the end of <Into Field>..."
adjust Replace With: number of words value = 4
INTO field = Title

Each space separation represents the beginning and end of a word, for ex.,
" - " is a word because it has a space in front and at the end of it.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, sorry! :oops:
It was the previous 5.0.2.10

I think I've figured out what must of happened:

When the new version (5.0.3.6) was sent it wasn't discovered until later, as I hadn't check my email in a while.
Because the new version was sent on Jan. 9 and the post about the "cap with exc" pre.
was the 15th I mistakenly assumed that you were saying (from this) that something needed to be fixed and figured the
newest version wouldn't be capable of it because there needed to be an even newer version for it to work. As a result,
I likely wouldn't have tried it again even if it had gotten installed. At one point, it was my intention to install, but
I delayed it because of trouble I was having with MM INI causing an unrelated issue. In the process of fixing it, I took
out-reintroduced MM database/Mediamonkey.ini. and uninstalled several add-ons. Somehow in all the stuff going on and
everything I redid, it was the one thing that didn't get done and I ended up forgetting that I even had it.

I put the name and version number in my signature. That way in the future it will serve as a reminder to me and an "exact"
reference to both of us (rather than just "the new one" or "the latest").
ZvezdanD wrote:That was a point of test, right? To check if the Date Modified is changed in Windows Explorer by RegExp.
Yes, for testing purposes only.
ZvezdanD wrote:I don't understand the part about reverting to "an old preset", but I am pretty sure from your earlier description of the problem that you don't have
installed the latest version that I sent you (v5.0.3).
Sorry. You said the word "revert" at the end of the post I'm referencing. I referenced it with incorrect interpretation/implication.
With the understanding of the update confusion, I see it differently now. No worries.

But, just out of curiosity about the beginning of that post, there is one thing I don't understand here
ZvezdanD wrote:You couldn't replace "(?!^)\b" with "\s" in your modified preset because it already has "\s" on the begin of the lowercase's exceptions
The previous one I used to modify (from 5.0.2.10) already had an "\s", like you say, but it is at the end of the
lowercase section/before the Uppercase section, not the beginning (".....|the|to|vs\.?">)(?=\s)").
Were you referring to the area that if affects and not necessarily the visual position? No big deal, just curious. Maybe I'm not looking
correctly.
ZvezdanD wrote:If you want some words to stay as they are, why don't you add them in the Specific string of the preset?
I've done that in the past, but I was trying that recently and I couldn't get it to work consistently (with previous version of preset).
It works now, though. But what I really wanted was something that would take care of all my "many" IDs without having to
individually add everyone of them to the preset. That's when rivorson hipped me to the
word character trick ("\w"). I still on occasion come up with a new ID. Again, I don't want to have to
add every time I come up with something, in addition to the many I already have. It's just soooo much nicer.
Thanks again to rivorson! If it's just an ordinary word/term/band name, etc., I'll do that, but my main concern being the
IDs with leading characters ("-", "[", ".", etc.) that I use extensively and would otherwise be ignored.

In sum,
Me so happy now! :D Fianly after about 3 mos, off and on restructuring my library and configuring my editing process,
I have it the way I need it. It's all "Bim, Bam, Boom, Pow" from here on out. Although its possible another issue
could arise in the future, it appears, for now, I just need to do a little cleaning up/polishing, redo a few things/make a few things
more efficient, continue moving things, etc..
Thank You, for all you do!!!

It sucks I was waiting for something I already had. But hey, I still had other things I was working on most of that time.
So, luckily, it still all came together at about the same/right time anyway.
:D :) :D :lol: 8)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:You couldn't replace "(?!^)\b" with "\s" in your modified preset because it already has "\s" on the begin of the lowercase's exceptions
The previous one I used to modify (from 5.0.2.10) already had an "\s", like you say, but it is at the end of the
lowercase section/before the Uppercase section, not the beginning (".....|the|to|vs\.?">)(?=\s)").
Were you referring to the area that if affects and not necessarily the visual position?
As I said before, according to your reference to the another thread, you haven't modified preset from v5.x but from the freely available version that don't have "(?!^)\b".

Here is the Find what string from v5.0.2, it is the same in v5.0.3, with the "(?!^)\b" added since v5.0:
\b(<String Caption="Specific (RegEx)" REValue="BluRay|iTunes" ID=1>)\b|((?!^)\b(?:<String Caption="Lowercase (RegEx)" REValue="as?|and?|'n'|at|by|del?|des|du|el|feat\.?|for|from|ft\.?|in|into|las?|les?|los|of|on|or|pres\.|the|to|vs\.?">)(?=\s))|\b(<String Caption="Uppercase (RegEx)" REValue=""CD|DJ|DVD|III?|PM|SOS|UK|USA"">)\b|([\w\xDF-\xF6\xF8-\xFF\u0100-\u024F\u0400-\u04FF])([\w'\xDF-\xF6\xF8-\xFF\u0100-\u024F\u0400-\u04FF]*)

Actually, in this case it is better to use a space character instead of "\s" as replacement for "(?!^)\b" because with "\s" there is a problem with multi-line fields as Comment and Lyrics that causes lowercase "the" on the begin of the lines. By the way, the "\s" is the regex that matches any whitespace character: a space, tab, vertical tab, carriage return...
MMFrLife wrote:what I really wanted was something that would take care of all my "many" IDs
I think that you are using those your "IDs" on wrong place. You should use some custom field or Grouping or some like that, but not Title or Album.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:As I said before, according to your reference to the another thread, you haven't modified preset from v5.x but from the freely available version that don't have "(?!^)\b".
The preset that I originally modified "is" from 5.0.2 and "does" have the "(?!^)\b" part.
However, looking back at it one more time I just discovered an error I made.

As stated before, the original mod was "only" the word character part (\w), before I even thought about needing the "(" aspect.
When I came across the "(" in the title, I messed around with it a little on my own and used that word character section to try and solve it.
I had "...\w\-\[\.\" that worked great, but modified it to "(" as "...\w\-\[\.\(\" .

When it didn't work, I posted the question and you advised the replacement of "(?!^)\b" to "\s" .
I did that and it didn't work. Why? Well, I forgot to remove the "(" from the word character section!
Dang It! :oops:
ZvezdanD wrote:Actually, in this case it is better to use a space character instead of "\s" as replacement for "(?!^)\b" because with "\s" there is a problem with multi-line fields as Comment and Lyrics that causes lowercase "the" on the begin of the lines. By the way, the "\s" is the regex that matches any whitespace character: a space, tab, vertical tab, carriage return...
Ok, thanks again.
ZvezdanD wrote:I think that you are using those your "IDs" on wrong place. You should use some custom field or Grouping or some like that, but not Title or Album.
Really? Why? It's been working great now. I don't use "( )' for any of the IDs, so there wouldn't be any conflict with it in the title of a song or name of an Album.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Really? Why? It's been working great now. I don't use "( )' for any of the IDs, so there wouldn't be any conflict with it in the title of a song or name of an Album.
In my opinion, the Title and Album should be as their author wanted. There are plenty of other tags that could be used with the personal data. I don't know for what you are using those IDs, but maybe some of multi-item Qualification fields could be a better choice, e.g. Occasion, then you could write "lv; xb" to it instead of appending " -lv -xb" to the Title.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:In my opinion, the Title and Album should be as their author wanted. There are plenty of other tags that could be used with the personal data. I don't know for what you are using those IDs, but maybe some of multi-item Qualification fields could be a better choice, e.g. Occasion, then you could write "lv; xb" to it instead of appending " -lv -xb" to the Title.
Ok, it's opinion. You had me nervous for a second. I thought it was something technical that may
go wrong later on.

I "completely" respect that. In fact, it's not too far off from my own thinking
about album and title, just not quite as purist. I guess I was a bit dramatic sounding when
I said I had many IDs, which I do, but the number of IDs I use in Title/Filename and Album are
restricted to around 1 - 3 at any given time. Most have none. That, along with their abbreviated, minimalist nature, they don't
take away from the prominence of the titles and album names that much.

All other IDs are already used in fields like Quality, Ocassion, Custom, Lyricist (which I primarily
use for lyrical theme IDs; if a lyricist name is included, the format follows "L John Doe; T jsy; T trf" (jealousy; transformation).

Anyway, there's a whole extensive logic to it (of which I'm documenting in a personal manual for referencing
and reminding when I'm old and maybe don't remember as well :-? ). Too much to get into here and still be close to
topic. But ultimately, the point is I can filter for just about anything one would want to filter on, outside of some
of the complex querying Magic Nodes does that doesn't rely on words/character/IDs, etc..

In addition, there are many fields that devices, players don't read. So, it's nice to have something indicating
"live", etc,. next to the title and/or album.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:Actually, in this case it is better to use a space character instead of "\s" as replacement for "(?!^)\b" because with "\s" there is a problem with multi-line fields as Comment and Lyrics that causes lowercase "the" on the begin of the lines. By the way, the "\s" is the regex that matches any whitespace character: a space, tab, vertical tab, carriage return...
I did this and it appears to work! thanks
But I'd like a confirmation that what I did is the correct way and I'm not off by some little detail.
I replaced the "\s" mod with a space, so it now looks like "( (" in that spot. Is that the correct look?

I just want to be certain because I have 1 instance in a batch and 3 or 4 instances of the preset in another batch.
I don't want it to look good now but go haywire for some reason in the future :-? :wink:
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:I replaced the "\s" mod with a space, so it now looks like "( (" in that spot. Is that the correct look?
Yes, it is. You could even use "\s" if you are not applying that preset to Lyrics or Comment. Otherwise, the word "the" and other lowercase exceptions would be set to lowercase on the begin of lines (except the first one).

I don't know if any tagger allow use of tab character in tags, but if you want to be safe you could write "[ \t]" instead of space character.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, I did "[ \t]" and all is good in that part of the kingdom (better safe than sorry! :) ).

I've encountered one other little hitch, though. This is a new thing I'm trying to do.
Before, in the word character section, the idea was to get it to skip over symbols and recognize the second character as the first letter for casing, like,
"[ep]". Keeping it lowercase instead of capitalizing the E. Or, not capitalizing the "l" in "-lv". We did that. Yay! mission accomplished.

However, I've run into a bit of a hitch involving an Album field descriptor/ID.

In my Album fields I sometimes use [2D], [3D], etc. to indicate how many discs the physical release contains (for multi-discs only).
I need, in this case, for the "D" to stay capitalized. It's sort of the opposite, casewise, of the other example.
But playing around with it, it seems that the first obstacle of logic is that these examples/instances start with both a symbol "and" number character,
thus not knowing how to skip over them to address the third character, "D".

If I have something like,
"Yessongs -lv [2D]"
It becomes
"Yessongs -lv [2d]"

What to do?

I noticed that it didn't stay the same when using that preset on it, alerting me to the issue. :(
😜