RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Clearing Tag Fields?

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:
MMFrLife wrote:1.) I got the icon button to show on the toolbar for the Clear Fields batch. However, in button/icon form, it only performs the function of the first
preset in the batch :( . It works fine on the menu.
I think that I implemented it, but if you say so I will fix it in the next update.
I tried testing this out some more to be sure and for some strange reason the toolbar buttons aren't showing up at all now,
even after restart.
Did you try the update that I sent you?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
popsmike

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by popsmike »

Hey all,

I'm not having a problem as such but was wondering if it is possible to create my own icons for certain queries and how i would instate them into the addon?
Mike
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

popsmike wrote:was wondering if it is possible to create my own icons for certain queries and how i would instate them into the addon?
Here is the excerpt from the Usage section:
"You could assign the icon to the selected preset choosing it from the Icon dropdown list and that icon will be displayed in the presets menu and on the corresponding toolbar button. The icon could be loaded from an external .ico file or you could choose some internal MM's one represented with its number (the built-in icons for the Glided skin with their numbers could be downloaded from here). The external .ico file could be specified after click on the same dropdown control when the mouse has the pointer with the hand. If you want to remove icon from the preset, i.e. to get the textual caption back on the toolbar button, you should choose the first empty item from the Icon dropdown list."

The free .ico files could be easily found on Internet, they should be 16x16. Also, you could create your own .ico files with some freeware ICO editor like IcoFX.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

Thanks zvezdand I will give it a go and post back if I need help.
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:Did you try the update that I sent you?
Yes! That did it on the toolbar button issue.

Just an update on other things:
I can actually make everything work now. But I still haven't figured out, when adding a preset to a batch, why it occassionaly pops up with "preset already exists....."
after pressing ADD > then having to stop what I'm doing and find the one it points to > after finding, proceed with creating the new one using it to get it to work.

I installed the update and organized/cleaned out a few custom presets with the manage presets box.
Now, I'm just starting to get going again on things and as I proceed I will let you know. If I continue having the same problem, I'll give a step by step
example of a simple test batch involving presets related to the issue. If that doesn't reveal anything, I'll send a copy of my presets backup file.
Don't worry, I won't leave you in the lurch on this, just want a little more time. :wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:I still haven't figured out, when adding a preset to a batch, why it occassionaly pops up with "preset already exists....."
after pressing ADD > then having to stop what I'm doing and find the one it points to > after finding, proceed with creating the new one using it to get it to work.
You should be more specific since there are two different occasions when the similar message occurs:
1. "There already exists preset with the same Menu, but different Batch setting. You could try with some another Menu name or toggle the Batch setting."
2. "There already exists the preset #xx with the same name: xx. Do you want to update the existing preset with the current one (#xx)?"

I though that the messages are self-explanatory, but here is some more explanation why that happens:
1. you cannot have two presets with the same Menu, but different Batch settings; for example, if you have one or more presets from "Basic Manipulation" group that don't belong to any batch, you cannot create a new batch with the "Basic Manipulation" name.
2. you cannot have two presets with the same name; it is stated in the Usage section and you said that you are aware of that fact; if you give a name to the new preset that is same as with some existing preset, the add-on will ask you if you want to update that existing preset with the settings that you just made creating that new preset; if you choose No, nothing will be saved and you could try with some another name.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:You should be more specific
I know, I plan to be. I was purposefully not specific. The last post was just a courtesy. As if to say, "I'm comin', I'm just not ready yet." :wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:I was purposefully not specific.
No problemo. :wink: I just think it would be easier and faster for you to post the screenshots of the Preset Settings dialog box and the mentioned message with the description how you got it, instead of trying to figure out what is going on all by yourself.
macmcd

Post by macmcd »

Zvezdan,

Sorry for the tardiness in replying but I have installed RegExpReplace-5.0.1.15 that you sent yesterday and it appears to have solved the problem. I no longer get the 'Object required' error dialogue and the preview window updates correctly.

Many thanks,
Mac.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

macmcd wrote:I no longer get the 'Object required' error dialogue and the preview window updates correctly.
Yes indeed, I changed some code that could cause that. I am just sad because I didn't find a reason why and how that happens. Anyway, I am glad we resolved it.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

In the meantime....

new preset
I'm looking for this but can't find anything quite like it:
Replace the last word of <into field> with specified string

For example, if an Album is named Blue Sky but has (deluxe) at the end of it,
Blue Sky (deluxe), I could specify the string to be (del.). Resulting in Blue Skay (del.)

The only thing I can find that is close is something like, Replace specified string with another specified string
I could probably batch two things together to achieve it, but I'm already going to use it in batch for several end word
possibilities. I dont want to have to use two presets for each end word variation. If I think of 20 end word possibilities,
20 presets in the batch is much more visually appealing/manageable than 40.

On the other issue:
ZvezdanD wrote:instead of trying to do it all by yourself
That's not my intention. The reason I need time, at this point, is because it has been a while since the
issue happened after updating. I can't remember the exact steps of everthing that happens
for a proper presentation of the issue. It needs to happen again so I would have a fresh example/rememberance
to use. I've also had other things going on and will sometimes post only quick, short posts in between busy time
and downtime. It actually did happen again, once. The problem is that when it happened, I decided to stop and
redo it to see if it was reproducible (before capturing it) but it worked the second time. I can't for the life of
me think of anything I did differently that second time. Anyway, I'm doing things now in highly specified, ordered
steps to aid in remembering exactly what I've done. When it happens again, I'm on it!...with screen captures! :)
Last edited by MMFrLife on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Also, actually it would be better if it is Replace a specified number of words at the end of <into field> with specified string
Both would be great. Thanks.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Replace a specified number of words at the end of <into field> with specified string
If you want to replace any word(s) from the end, you could use the next batch, but you need to select the wanted files manually:
1. Remove specified number of words from the end of <Into Field> if not empty...
2. Add specified string to the end of <Into Field> separated with space if not empty...

If you want to replace only words that are between another specified strings, e.g. parentheses:
1. Remove rightmost part of <Into Field> including specified enclosing strings..., Action=Select files w/ matched tags
2. Remove rightmost part of <Into Field> including specified enclosing strings..., Action=Replace in all selected files
3. Add specified string to the end of <Into Field> separated with space if not empty...
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You can update presets in the Manage Presets dialog box, but can you add from there?
It appears that when you attempt to Add, by changing/renaming elements of a preset in the edit dialog box and pressing ok,
it still only asks to update the current one you're using.

If not, is this a design limitation or something that would even be possible?
I love working more from Manage presets.

It would also be nice if you could work with the Manage presets window while the edit dialog is up. Similar to how while using MM you
can bring up the full-featured edit presets dialog and still use the MM interface.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:You can update presets in the Manage Presets dialog box, but can you add from there?

Another interesting thing is that if you want to do any box checking in the Manage presets dialog, you have to go in and make sure you don't
perform any preset highlights before or the checking won't work. You have to exit and go back in and do that (box checking) first before you can do anything else.
Yes, you could add presets in the Manage Presets dialog box with the v5 add-on if you don't have any preset selected in the table (the function of the Edit/Add button depends of that). If you have some preset selected, you don't need to exit dialog box and to open it again, it is enough to click on the same preset again to deselect it.

By the way, the Usage section on the Web page of the new version is updated with the added information about the Manage Presets dialog box.