MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.1 [MM3]

Post by nohitter151 »

MatheFreak wrote:When I try to install it (Copy *.vbs to '/scripts' append block to Script.ini) nothing happens.
If I change ScriptType to =3 (just trying) Script appeares, but allwas exits with "IllegalType in Line 0 Char 1".

Even if I remove everithing till "Option Explizit" ...

I simply cant get it run.
You should just download the .mmip file from Trix's website and double click it to install.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Firstly, I'd recommend using the MMIP rather than trying to install it manually. Secondly, the script appears in the "Auto tag from web" options button, it has no menu items or buttons of it's own.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
acsterf

Post by acsterf »

Firstly, congratulations to trixmoto and the other users that are helping to improove this fantastic script.

I'm trying to manage my music library with about 4,5k tracks, but I'm having some trouble in separete the ones that have been suscefully updated by MusicIP from the ones that haven't, so I can make it manually after. Any sugestions?

I was thinking in something like adding a personalized Comment, even looked at the sourcecode, but my programming skills are very limited and I didn't manage to know how to make it.

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Interesting. Probably not ideal but if you're including the extra data then you could do something like blank out the track number, then at the end all the ones that still have a blank track number (assuming you'd found album matches for them all) would be unprocessed.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

acsterf wrote:I'm trying to manage my music library with about 4,5k tracks, but I'm having some trouble in separete the ones that have been suscefully updated by MusicIP from the ones that haven't, so I can make it manually after. Any sugestions?
Perhaps use MagicNodes to make a node showing modification date. Then the tracks that MusicIP updated should all be sorted together.
acsterf

Post by acsterf »

trixmoto wrote:Interesting. Probably not ideal but if you're including the extra data then you could do something like blank out the track number, then at the end all the ones that still have a blank track number (assuming you'd found album matches for them all) would be unprocessed.
This could be a way, but as you said, if the album hasn't a match it would be considered unprocessed. I still thinks that adding something like "Auto-tagged with MusicIP" in Comments for the successfully matches is a better option. Can't it be easily added to the code?
acsterf

Post by acsterf »

onenonymous wrote:
acsterf wrote:I'm trying to manage my music library with about 4,5k tracks, but I'm having some trouble in separete the ones that have been suscefully updated by MusicIP from the ones that haven't, so I can make it manually after. Any sugestions?
Perhaps use MagicNodes to make a node showing modification date. Then the tracks that MusicIP updated should all be sorted together.
Yes, that's a good idea. I'll try!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I could add that as an option, but I think people would complain if I did that for everyone! :) What I might do is allow the PUID to be stored in a custom field, then you could use this as processed tracks would have PUIDs.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It's actually a neat idea to put something in the tags when this is used, but like you mentioned, not everyone would take a liking to this feature. Thus making something like that option seems the best route, especially when you're messing with fields like Comments or Custom Tags that people may want to use for other things.
acsterf

Post by acsterf »

trixmoto wrote:I could add that as an option, but I think people would complain if I did that for everyone! :) What I might do is allow the PUID to be stored in a custom field, then you could use this as processed tracks would have PUIDs.
I think writing in the comments should be an option too, like I said, any tag that allows to filter from the others succesfully processed. Adding the PUID as a custom tag is a great option too. Can it be done easily so you could post the code here? I checked this morning that I had those Error #62 on line 361 and already add the extras quotes to the folder location but haven't started a new tagging yet!

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I wanted to store the PUID in the correct place for PicardTagger to read it, or in fact read the ones that PicardTagger writes, but this is not going to be possible until MM4, I am told. I will add an option to allow it to be stored in a number of different fields so hopefully everyone who wants to use this can find a suitable field for them.

To add this yourself you can simply find line 434...

Code: Select all

WS.TrackChecked(cnt) = True
...and directly before it add a line to give you this...

itm.Comment = "PUID="&puid
...where obviously you can use any field and any text that you want on that new line. The PUID is in a variable of the same name though.
acsterf

Post by acsterf »

trixmoto wrote:I wanted to store the PUID in the correct place for PicardTagger to read it, or in fact read the ones that PicardTagger writes, but this is not going to be possible until MM4, I am told. I will add an option to allow it to be stored in a number of different fields so hopefully everyone who wants to use this can find a suitable field for them.

To add this yourself you can simply find line 434...

...and directly before it add a line to give you this...

itm.Comment = "PUID="&puid
...where obviously you can use any field and any text that you want on that new line. The PUID is in a variable of the same name though.
trixmoto, it almost worked like a charm! The only problem now is that the previous tracks that has already been tagged and/or the ones that are equal to MusicIP db doesn't receive the comment! There is a easy work around?

Thanks and once again congratulations for the amazing tool!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No I don't think so. I will look at doing this properly when I'm next working on the script though.
acsterf

Post by acsterf »

trixmoto wrote:No I don't think so. I will look at doing this properly when I'm next working on the script though.
Ok, thanks anyway! :D
votrexflame

Post by votrexflame »

nohitter151 wrote: You should just download the .mmip file from Trix's website and double click it to install.
And where is a .mmip download link?