MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tiborstav

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by tiborstav »

Dear DreadM,
Got it in one! Thanks
T
DreadM wrote:Greetings

You can try this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p194882
'A malfunction would not result in an explosion exactly, sir,' said Ponder. 'Nor, as far as I can work out, would it result in things ceasing to exist from the present onwards. They would cease to have existed at all, because of the multidirectional collapse of the thaumic field. But since we are here, sir, we must be living in a universe where things did not go wrong.'
'Ah, I know this one,' said Ridcully. 'This is because of quantum, isn't it? And there's some usses in some universe next door where it did go wrong, and the poor devils got blown up?'
Terry Pratchett - The Science of Discworld
Squidtech

Post by Squidtech »

The download links from page 1 don't seem to be working for me.
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

I have the same problem and this solution causes my windows color scheme changing to "basic". Is there any other solution?
DreadM wrote:Greetings

You can try this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p194882
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
joshzam

Post by joshzam »

Brilliant! This is a wonderful extension of an already powerful music app. Thank you for all of your hard work. May I suggest publishing a link for donations?

I'd just like to emphasize this recent suggestion:
Aff wrote:May I add some more:
Option to group by album only. I've got some samplers and movie soundtracks with several album artists, so the same album art is shown many times, for every artist, better would be only once.
I've got an album called "Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time". It has (you guessed it) 500 tracks. This means that I've got hundreds of copies of this album art in my MonkeyFlow even though they all belong to a single album. It would be nice to list one instance of album art for each album.

Thanks again!
roupp

MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3] with Multiple Album Art

Post by roupp »

You should have only one Album Art per album if you are managing your album correctly. For example, with the Rolling Stones 500, you should either group all the tracks under on disc (1, 2, 3, 4, ...500), manage by disc numbers - Disc 1, Tracks 1 - 20, and finally you could have three/four digit track numbers whereas Disc 1 = 101, 102, 103, etc and Disc 50 = 5001, 5002, 5003, etc.

If you number your albums this way, you shouldn't have multiple Album Art within MonkeyFlow.
Goatboy

Post by Goatboy »

joshzam wrote:Brilliant! This is a wonderful extension of an already powerful music app. Thank you for all of your hard work. May I suggest publishing a link for donations?

I'd just like to emphasize this recent suggestion:
Aff wrote:May I add some more:
Option to group by album only. I've got some samplers and movie soundtracks with several album artists, so the same album art is shown many times, for every artist, better would be only once.
I've got an album called "Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time". It has (you guessed it) 500 tracks. This means that I've got hundreds of copies of this album art in my MonkeyFlow even though they all belong to a single album. It would be nice to list one instance of album art for each album.

Thanks again!
I've got that too. For albums with multiple artists like that though I keep the artists field as it should be but for Album Artist put it as Various. I do this with all compilation type albums. In this case only one instance of it would pop in MonkeyFlow but you'd still keep the artist information for each individual song.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Creator of this plugin last visited the site May 27 2009....
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
Dyson_87

Post by Dyson_87 »

Loving this script its excellent. I do have a bit of a niggling problem though, im using the eclipse skin and i am unable to see the whole of the scroll bar and 'full screen' and 'Go to now playing' buttons, i can just see the top of them so cant actually use the buttons/ scroll feature at the minute :( .

Anyone else had this experience? any solutions? (OS: Vista 32 Bit)

Thanks in advance!
Aff

Post by Aff »

Try to select the Disable desktop composition option in the program properties of MonkeyFlow.exe, which disables Aero Glass on Vista.
Dyson_87

Post by Dyson_87 »

Aff wrote:Try to select the Disable desktop composition option in the program properties of MonkeyFlow.exe, which disables Aero Glass on Vista.
Thanks for this! worked a treat can see all the buttons and the scroll bar now :D
bubbajones

Post by bubbajones »

i noticed that clicking slightly above the "fullscreen" and "now playing" buttons on embedded mode, activates their function. i am also having the issue where they, and the play controls/ scrollbar, are cut off at the bottom of the frame. so on vista ultimate 32, with aero glass on, the functions do work, the graphics just don't line up with the clickable range. only those two buttons on the monkeyflow window actually work, scrolling and play controls don't seem to respond at all, though once you use the offset fullscreen button, everything looks and works perfectly in fullscreen mode. i can't actually tell the difference between it and coverflow in tunes.
flashk

Post by flashk »

danhackley wrote:Wow, popular script !! What do you think of the request list, flashk ? Summarised below:

1. The ability for Monkeyflow to display albums only from the selected tree node (or magicnode)
2. The option for Monkeyflow to display album covers in a jewel (standard) CD case (much improving the visual appeal)
3. The option for Monkeyflow to display the rear album covers also (preferably in a CD case also); this could be done by having a button to "flip" the CD over to see the back
4. The option to display albums by the same album artist in "stacks" with the ability to expand the stack if required (to save flicking through many albums by the same artist)
5. The option to manually select which album art Monkeyflow uses for the cover
6. The option to display album art of the "now playing" list
7. The option to get rid of the text below the album art
8. The ability to sort by more parameters than just artist and album (e.g. year/date)
9. A "now playing" list when Monkeyflow is in fullscreen mode
10. The ability to keep the entire current track list, as the users goes clicking on different covers. With this option ON, the list would be REPOSITIONED to display tracks of the clicked album. Currently, the active track list is SHORTENED to display ONLY tracks of the clicked album.
11. Option to hide items with missing album art
12. Speed control when scrolling through the covers. Dynamic speed would be nice: start more slowly and accelerate continuously.
13. Move page by page with mouse clicks, as it alyready works by pressing PgUp/PgDown. Normally this should be the reaction when clicking in the empty space of the scrollbar. Click and hold should scroll by pages (but not too fast).
14. Option to group by album only. I've got some samplers and movie soundtracks with several album artists, so the same album art is shown many times, for every artist, better would be only once.
15. Full Vista compatibility
:D
The next release should have some of these features. It has an option to display albums from the entire library, the current tracklist, or the now playing list. I've added the sort option of preserving the order of the tracklist/now playing list. So this should allow any sorting criteria that is supported by the tracks window.

When viewing albums from the tracklist or now playing list and selecting a cover in MonkeyFlow, it will highlight the corresponding track in the list, instead of repopulating the list with the album tracks.

I've also added the ability to change the viewing angle/zoom and the cover angles. You can use this to have the cover take up more of the available space and hide the text below the cover. Changing the cover angles will also allow the user to replicate the look of the Songbird MediaFlow addon.

Also, the new version will directly access the MM sqlite database file to gather album information, instead of going through the scripting interface. This makes the startup time insanely faster ( 1 second with a library of 4500 albums ).

I'm waiting for MM 3.1.2 before releasing the new version, since it should have some fixes that are needed for MonkeyFlow to work correctly.

Post by Guest »

Hey man. YOU ROCK! To the core!
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

excellent flashk, good to see you back on the forum :) I hope you had a nice break. May I ask, what about items 1, 2 and 3 on the list, will these be incorporated also?
many thanks!
D
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
Aff

Post by Aff »

danhackley wrote:excellent flashk, good to see you back on the forum :) I hope you had a nice break. May I ask, what about items 1, 2 and 3 on the list, will these be incorporated also?
many thanks!
D
... and what about the items 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15? :) :wink:

Seriously, great you've found some time to work on this script, flashk, I'm looking forward to the new version whatever improvements you may realize!

The priority of items may be rather subjective anyway, e.g. for me a jewel case is superfluous, IMHO it would only waste space. :evil: :wink: