UPNP server for MediaMonkey (v0.2)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

najkneh

Almost there?

Post by najkneh »

Hi el.botijo,

A server for MediaMonkey would be great, good work :D !

I've downloaded your server, installed it, have it running, configured the firewall and found te server on my soundbridge. So far so good, but when I want to browse for a song I get the message 'failed to load browse data. The request was invalid'. I think I'm almost there, but missing something simple. Any suggestions :( ?

Thanks,
Henkjan [NL]
botijo

Re: UPNP server for MediaMonkey (v0.2)

Post by botijo »

Sorry for the delay,
can you post a log here? That will help me try to figure out what is happening.

Unfortunately, I am busy these days. Damn deadlines! Whenever I come back from work, I do not want to go and mess with Visual Studio Express at all. Mainly because I am getting confused a lot (I do not code for life)! I do not expect to do serious work on the server/client until Christmas. However, if there is something easy to fix, I will do.
Regards.
jomaweb2

Post by jomaweb2 »

I got the same problem with roku soundbridge. Get the library but i'm unable to browse.

Tried to access via HTTP and this message appears

Error 320 (net::ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE): Unknow Error
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

Hey, just want to say I'm impressed with both the server and the client stuff here - good work.

I've got MediaMonkey running portable on a USB drive in my laptop and it can see the WMP 11 library in the browser. However it cannot see the MM UPnP library. On the desktop PC running the sharing servers I can access both libraries using the UPnP client. What port will the UPnP server be running on and why do you think the laptop cannot see it?
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

Belay that, I plugged the laptop into the mains and for some reason MediaMonkey crashed. I restarted it and it can see the server now - maybe it was a USB or wireless power issue...

Only have one issue now, but that's with the Client so I shall post there. Brilliant work :D
JeffV64

Post by JeffV64 »

This is something that I would use too, if it could be modified to update playcounts.

FYI, someone did this for iTunes a while back, as described in this thred:

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... nt+updater

The utility polled the soundbridge everythree minutes and updated iTunes with playcount based on the current song. It was not perfect, but very much better than nothing at all.

So if bojito or someone freed up the brain cells and time for this, I would be very appreciative.

Jeff
jomaweb

Post by jomaweb »

Hola Botijo

I'm using your server and works fine but...is there any way to add a node "Genre" to choose the music I want to listen. I'got so much music (160 GB) and browsing by Album or Artist is very booooring.

Is there a way to set the info the server offers?

thanx

Mediamonkey is the one and only software that forces me to keep a windows machine
linux_segler

Post by linux_segler »

I'll tried to connect my new Philips Streamium NP2500 to MM uPnP Server with less success.

On the server side, after starting MediaMonkey as a subprocess some errors appear: "There was a problem quering the database: Error executing SQL "SELECT * FROM songs WHERE ID=AlbumList": no such colum AlbumList (1,1)". On the client side it connects to the server and lets me browse through Albums, Artists and Playlists. Selecting "Album List" shows the albums, but after selecting one, a list only comes up after confirming the "SQL Errror" dialog on the server and only until the next SQL-Error. Otherwise on the NP2500 a message ist shown, telling "empty list". In the MS-DOS like MM uPnP server windows I'm seeing only a few "ContentDirectory_Browse(..." entries, but no errors at all. Is there a log file written anywhere?

Let me say, I preferred german language in Mediamonkeys desktop but the error also appears with "english" settings. Maintaining the library from mediamonkey menus does'nt help either. And, I'm using Vista Home Premium 64Bit.

Cheers and thx for help
Andreas
stephanvdplas

Post by stephanvdplas »

Hello,

when selecting the MM_UPNP server in WMP12 (in Windows 7) I do not see any music but this message:

http://home.kpn.nl/lizste/errorwmp12.jpg

The remote media library did not allow the connection. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information

The console of the UPNP server shows this message:

Code: Select all

ContentDirectory_Search(0upnp:class derivedfrom "object.item.audioItem" and @ref
ID exists false*0200)
ContentDirectory_GetSortCapabilities()
ContentDirectory_Search(0upnp:class derivedfrom "object.container.playlistContai
ner" and @refID exists falsedc:title,microsoft:folderPath0200)
ContentDirectory_Search(0upnp:class derivedfrom "object.item.audioItem" and @ref
ID exists false*0200)
ContentDirectory_Search(0upnp:class derivedfrom "object.container.playlistContai
ner" and @refID exists falsedc:title,microsoft:folderPath0200)
What can be the problem? This happens with WMP12 on same machine and on a remote machine.

Thanks for replying.

Regards,
Stephan
jomaweb

Post by jomaweb »

The other thread is blocked, and nobody can help me if wanted, so I'll post it again here:

I updated my pc to windows 7.
I've installed upnp server with no problem but nothing happens. No library is available in the lan. Firewall is open for upnp executable.

any suggestion?

Mediamonkey is the one and only software that forces me to keep a windows machine
Daenu

Auto-Playlists - UPNP server for MediaMonkey (v0.2)

Post by Daenu »

1st THANKS for the great Work!

I tried to use the Iphone as a UPNP Client. The free app "Media Link Player Lite" didn't work at all. But the not very expensive App "PlugPlayer" works. :D

I have only one small problem. Is normal, that the AutoPlaylists are not visual at the client? "Normal" playlist, are no problem.

Thanks and Greetings from Switzerland
botijo

Post by botijo »

Sorry, lads,
I have not been executing the code myself for a long time. That means, I have not been looking into improving the server. I kind of have a short attention span for things.
Anyhow, first of all, I do not have Windows 7 and cannot test it. It did work in Vista, but that is not assuring to you, is it? I am not sure if anything changed.
As for the browsing limitations, I started simple with only static playlists and no genres (I myself did not get the genre field right yet). It is supposed to be more or less easy to add, I suppose. But I am not planning to do anything with the code just yet. Autoplaylists are more difficult to implement, as there is no document explaining how I should interpret the data that MM stores.
So, hard luck for the time being. I really was not looking and somehow I was not getting update emails from the people.
Regards.
Peke

Post by Peke »

UPNP support will be improved in MM 4.0 so than we will be able to see how to improve this also.

Botijo all kudos to this script.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
zappl2000

Post by zappl2000 »

Hi,

I have a problem with the mm upnp server while using with my avox indio mini internet radio.
Once the server is started, I can access to songs and playlists. When I want to start playing a file / playlists, the radio starts to connect, but obviously fails.

In the server window the following entries scroll down:

MM UPNP server based on...
Intel's UPnP .NET Framework Stack
Intel Device Builder Build#1.0.2777.24761
Local IP Address 0: 192.168.2.112
Press press RETURN to stop the server. Takes five to ten seconds to close.
ContentDirectory_Browse(13BROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp:album,upn
p:originalTrackNumber,restricted,id,parentID,res,res@protection,res@duration,upn
p:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI010)
ContentDirectory_Browse(0BROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp:album,upnp
:originalTrackNumber,restricted,id,parentID,res,res@protection,res@duration,upnp
:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI010)
ContentDirectory_Browse(12BROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp:album,upn
p:originalTrackNumber,restricted,id,parentID,res,res@protection,res@duration,upn
ContentDirectory_Browse(0BROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp:album,upnp
:originalTrackNumber,restricted,id,parentID,res,res@protection,res@duration,upnp
ContentDirectory_Browse(PlaylistListBROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp
:album,upnp:originalTrackNumber,restricted,id,parentID,res,res@protection,res@du
ration,upnp:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI010)
ContentDirectory_Browse(PlaylistListBROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp
:album,upnp:originalTrackNumber,restricted,id,parentID,res,res@protection,res@du
ration,upnp:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI1025)
ration,upnp:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI3525)
ContentDirectory_Browse(Playlist19BROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp:a
lbum,upnp:originalTrackNumber,restricted,id,parentID,res,res@protection,res@dura
tion,upnp:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI010)
WEB - Requested : command=song itemid=20019
WEB - File to be sent : D:\MP3-Backup\AllOfRT\Pop\STERNBLUT - KOMM, WIR MALEN UN
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
No. of bytes send 2932736
WEB - File to be sent : D:\MP3-Backup\AllOfRT\Pop\STERNBLUT - KOMM, WIR MALEN UN
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113

...and so on...

Using Windows Media Player 11 works. But I don't use it. So all playlists are in Media Monkey :-(

Any idea?
Thanks for help.
botijo

Post by botijo »

zappl2000 wrote:Hi,

I have a problem with the mm upnp server while using with my avox indio mini internet radio.
Once the server is started, I can access to songs and playlists. When I want to start playing a file / playlists, the radio starts to connect, but obviously fails.

In the server window the following entries scroll down:

MM UPNP server based on...
Intel's UPnP .NET Framework Stack
Intel Device Builder Build#1.0.2777.24761
Local IP Address 0: 192.168.2.112
Press press RETURN to stop the server. Takes five to ten seconds to close.
ContentDirectory_Browse(13BROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp:album,upn
ContentDirectory_Browse(12BROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp:album,upn
ration,upnp:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI010)
ration,upnp:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI1025)
ration,upnp:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI3525)
ContentDirectory_Browse(Playlist19BROWSEDIRECTCHILDRENdc:title,upnp:class,upnp:a
lbum,upnp:originalTrackNumber,restricted,id,parentID,res,res@protection,res@dura
tion,upnp:searchClass,upnp:artist,upnp:genre,upnp:albumArtURI010)
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
S DAS LEBEN.mp3
No. of bytes send 113
...and so on...

Using Windows Media Player 11 works. But I don't use it. So all playlists are in Media Monkey :-(

Any idea?
Thanks for help.
Hi there,
just some background first. The MM UPNP server consists on two parts: an UPNP server for browsing and a HTTP server for file serving. It looks like the browsing is OK, so let me focus on the HTTP server.
From the log, it says the radio is accessing

http://<yourcomputerIP>:5050/song/20019
It states that it has sent the whole file in one go, so let's check if that has been the case. Try using this link on your computer: http://127.0.0.1:5050/song/20019. If your browser can download the file, then I would bet that the radio is either
  • Running out of memory (strange, but could happen as it is reading the whole file in one go)
  • Expecting the URL to have an extension as WMP does
There could be other causes. The second one is more or less easy to fix. So I have done that.
[personal rant]Let me see, Google did change Google Pages to a more Wiki type called Google Sites... My site is empty... Uhm, at least I have a backup.[/personal rant]
Try this location: http://sites.google.com/site/elbotijomm ... pnp-server, the last file. You need to overwrite the three files of the 0.2 server.
Again, please remember that this is an assumption. It might or might not work. I did a quick test on my Roku Soundbridge M1001, and at least it did not break anything else.
Regards.