Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.0 (2010-05-22)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:I have the auto function setup to export to parent folders on a daily basis, if I should run a manual export to a single folder, will that mess up the options on the auto export the next time it is run?
Export to single folder option is similar to the previous Export to parent folders and Export to child folders options in regards to the settings of the folder, i.e. when you choose Export M3Us option from the menu you would get the same dialog box for specifying folder as before. This folder is not connected to the folder which you could specify in the Options dialog box for automatic export, they are independent, so automatic export could store .m3u files in one folder and manual export to another folder.

However, many other settings are same for both automatic and manual export as before, for example which level of folders you want to export (first, last, all), then format of .m3u files, relative paths, replacements, exclusions... You could use different settings for manual export, but you need to revert them back when you finish with manual export. This is also case for Export to xxx folder options, i.e. you need to revert it back to Export to parent folder before next automatic export.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.0 (2010-05-22)[MM2+3]

Post by nynaevelan »

Thank you very much this is just the answer I needed. :D
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.0 (2010-05-23)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new release: v3.0.1 - 2010-05-23
* Fixed: error with URL paths in .m3u files and ANSI/Unicode formats.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
djuna

Post by djuna »

This looks like a powerful tool, with a deep evolution.Thank you!!

The downside is that it's grown big and daunting to those of us just tuning in... I've spent hours poring through this forum and tweaking options and I'm still at a loss :(

I have existing Playlists A, B + C that I'd like to export into individual directories with nicely named files, like so:

PlaylistA.m3u
PlaylistA\<Auto number>-<Artist>-<Album>-<Track>.mp3

PlaylistB.m3u
PlaylistB\<Auto number>-<Artist>-<Album>-<Track>.mp3

PlaylistC.m3u
PlaylistC\<Auto number>-<Artist>-<Album>-<Track>.mp3

Can Child Nodes help me do this?? If so, a few pointers, and maybe even a screen shot of needed options would be HUGELY appreciated!

Thus far, I've installed the script, found the modified Export M3u options panel. tweaked options lots of times, selected the playlist and/or playlist tracks and clicked Send to... Export M3U. Over and over again. Only the M3U file exports, with original file references and without songs :(

Thanks again!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it exports playlists, not files.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

djuna wrote:Thus far, I've installed the script, found the modified Export M3u options panel. tweaked options lots of times, selected the playlist and/or playlist tracks and clicked Send to... Export M3U. Over and over again. Only the M3U file exports, with original file references and without songs :(
Sorry for your lost time, but you should asked for advice much before. As Lowlander said and as its name implies, this add-on could export only .m3u files, not audio files. It is some sort of extension of the built-in File / Export to Playlist option which could export just single node, but this add-on could export all nested nodes to .m3u files instead. IIRC, there was already requests in this thread to add copying of audio files as well, and I had a plan to add such option, but in the meantime MediaMonkey got similar possibility, so I dropped that idea. So, if you want to copy audio files you could use the built-in Tools / Auto-Organize Files option, then in the new dialog box choose "Copy files to new destination based on track tags". After that you could find the newly created folder(s) in the My Computer branch and apply Export M3Us for child nodes option to get .m3u file(s).

By the way, mentioned Send to... / Export as m3u playlist is the built-in MM command, it is not the part of this add-on. If you want to export all nested nodes you should choose File / Export M3Us for child nodes or choose the same command from the context menu when you right-click on some node in the tree list. You cannot use that command if you right-click on some track(s) in the main tracklist.
djuna

Post by djuna »

Thanks so much for the speedy and helpful replies. Yes, I should have asked sooner, before making a last-ditch post while hitting the wall at 1:00 am. So nice to know I'm not alone :)

Thanks for clearing up my confusion about how to access the Child Nodes script. The title of the Tools|Options palette led me to believe that Child Nodes modifies MM's native Export as M3U command, in addition to installing the Child Nodes script. Maybe "Child Nodes" should appear in the Options title?

And I never would have found the Tools|Auto-Organize Files solution to EXPORT PLAYLISTS WITH FILES. (Caps for the benefit of future searchers.) Frankly, that command looked dangerous! Thanks so much, ZvezdanD, for pointing out that functionality.

So... all sorted on exporting all playlist songs to one folder. Next task is those playlists that I want to export into nested folders...

PlaylistA.m3u
PlaylistA\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title1.mp3>
PlaylistA\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title2.mp3>
PlaylistA\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title3.mp3>

PlaylistB.m3u
PlaylistB\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title1.mp3>
PlaylistB\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title2.mp3>
PlaylistB\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title3.mp3>

Auto Organize Files is up to the export task, but what's the most elegant way to preserve the playlist order? One fudge is to copy files to...

Subdirectories: <Artist>\<Album>\
File name: <Auto Number>-<Title>

... then sort copied tracks by file name.

Has anyone found a solution that doesn't involve changing file names?

Cheers!
Djuna
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

djuna wrote:Auto Organize Files is up to the export task, but what's the most elegant way to preserve the playlist order?
You could try the new version of this add-on: v3.1 - 2010-06-21
* Added: Export M3Us & Copy Files for Child Nodes command which allows copying of audio files beside of exported .m3u files.
UncleBoarder

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.1 (2010-06-21)[MM2+3]

Post by UncleBoarder »

This is the closest I've been to my goal of exporting MM playlists to my Linux SqueezeBox. One problem remains. Windows creates files with a carriage return (^M) at then end of every line. You can't see it in Windows, but when I read the file in my Linux server it's a problem.

It seems I could use your "Replace paths in .m3u files" to remove this ^M character... but I have not been successful. Maybe it's a Windows problem that is not easily overcome. But I thought I'd ask if it was possible to write the .m3u without the ^M at the end.

Thanks!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

UncleBoarder wrote:I thought I'd ask if it was possible to write the .m3u without the ^M at the end.
Yes, it is possible, but I need to add a new check box to turn this option on/off in already overcrowded option sheet. Do you have checked the "Unix folder separator" option? If you do, then I could rename that option to e.g. "Unix .m3u format", so that .m3u files would have both the "/" as a separator and a new line without a carriage return when the option is turned on.
UncleBoarder

Post by UncleBoarder »

ZvezdanD wrote:I could rename that option to e.g. "Unix .m3u format", so that .m3u files would have both the "/" as a separator and a new line without a carriage return when the option is turned on.
I understand your hesitation to clutter your UI... For me the "Unix .m3u format" would be a good option (yes I have the "Unix folder separator" selected.

I wouldn't want to break this for someone else. Is there some other reason to change to the "/" character besides Unix? If not, then YES. Please change it to remove the carriage return. :D
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

UncleBoarder wrote:For me the "Unix .m3u format" would be a good option (yes I have the "Unix folder separator" selected.
There is a new update of this add-on: v3.2 - 2010-07-02
* Changed: Unix folder separator option to Unix .m3u file format; a .m3u files would have both the "/" as a separator and a new line without a carriage return when this option is turned on.
mcow

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.2 (2010-07-02)[MM2+3]

Post by mcow »

Boy, I'd love to have that Unix-format export option available in the default export tools. The add-on is not useful to me because I'm not interested in created M3Us based on nodes, I'm interested in creating them based on selection.
ZvezdanD

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.2 (2010-07-02)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

mcow wrote:I'm not interested in created M3Us based on nodes, I'm interested in creating them based on selection.
There is a new update of this add-on: v3.3 - 2010-07-13
* Added: Export As .m3u Playlist command to the main tracklist and Now Playing context menu which allows export of selected tracks only.
kalowski

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.3 (2010-07-13)[MM

Post by kalowski »

This is a magnificent piece of work.

Well done & thanks. Perfect for my Squeezebox!