Page 5 of 27

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 pm
by nynaevelan
Maybe I was thrown off because the description still lists 2.7.2.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 pm
by ZvezdanD
nynaevelan wrote:Maybe I was thrown off because the description still lists 2.7.2.
Oh, I see. I didn't update the version number in the header of the html page. However, it was mentioned in the What is new section.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.7 (2009-07-08)[MM2+3]

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:11 pm
by osairis
ZvezdanD wrote:
osairis wrote:I have tried using d:\ as the save location and it works better but the playlists are not being stored in the folder but the level above.
There is a new update of the script which has added option that you need: v2.8 - 2009-08-25
- Added: option to save .m3u files in child folders, i.e. one level more in depth (until now they are saved to parent folders only).

By the way, most probably you should turn off the Export the playlist for the selected node as well option.

THank you I will give this a try once I get home. Keep up the great work.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:56 am
by markstuartwalker
Can I post a few functionality requests please?

1. I use the script to create 'Artist specific' playlists ie I use it on the Library\Artist node and create a playlist per artist. However, I have many artists with only a few tracks each. I would like to be able to set a threshold so that a playlist is created only if the artist has (say) more than 5 tracks. (in the code around "If oVisTracks.Count > 5 Then" would be about right)

2. I use the script for the creation of artist specific playlists, to backup my more general playlists to m3u files and other adhoc housekeeping. I need to set the Options page slightly differently for each of these. Could the options values be saved as a named profile? When you have more than one profile the invocation of the script will prompt the user to select the necessary profile?

3. Sometimes the script iterates through 100's of nodes. I would like to see a master progress bar that shows the overall progress as well as the progress bar showing the progress for each node. It would be possible to terminate the master progress much more easily if this were the case.

Hope that you can accommodate some of these. And I'm more than happy to help with any testing.

Mark

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:51 am
by ZvezdanD
markstuartwalker wrote:Can I post a few functionality requests please?
Yes, of course. :)
markstuartwalker wrote:1. I use the script to create 'Artist specific' playlists ie I use it on the Library\Artist node and create a playlist per artist. However, I have many artists with only a few tracks each. I would like to be able to set a threshold so that a playlist is created only if the artist has (say) more than 5 tracks. (in the code around "If oVisTracks.Count > 5 Then" would be about right)
I suggest you to install the Magic Nodes script. Then you could create a node which would display only artists which have 5 or more tracks. You could use the following mask:

Code: Select all

Artists with 5 or more tracks|Child of:Artist\<Artist|Min tracks:5>\<Album>
markstuartwalker wrote:2. I use the script for the creation of artist specific playlists, to backup my more general playlists to m3u files and other adhoc housekeeping. I need to set the Options page slightly differently for each of these. Could the options values be saved as a named profile? When you have more than one profile the invocation of the script will prompt the user to select the necessary profile?
Could you give me some more specific why you need this and what are those differences between settings?
markstuartwalker wrote:3. Sometimes the script iterates through 100's of nodes. I would like to see a master progress bar that shows the overall progress as well as the progress bar showing the progress for each node. It would be possible to terminate the master progress much more easily if this were the case.
It could slow down the execution of the script since I don't know in advance how many sub-nodes are contained in some parent node and I would need to check that with some kind of loop for each and every node. Actually, there are already two progress bars - one is a "master" for the first level of nodes and the second one is displayed if you have some playlist with too much tracks. Anyway, I will think what I can do to improve this. Thanks for suggestions.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:55 pm
by markstuartwalker
Yes, I discovered magic nodes this afternoon - what a marvelous tool. I did just as you suggested.

By putting the magic node item inside the playlists folder it was a perfect solution except for the limitation that I can't have sub-nodes which killed it stone dead :-(

However by combining magic nodes and create playlists I managed to achieve the right effect though.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:00 pm
by ZvezdanD
markstuartwalker wrote:By putting the magic node item inside the playlists folder it was a perfect solution except for the limitation that I can't have sub-nodes which killed it stone dead :-(
The version of Magic Nodes which has a support for playlists is finished just recently, so it has some limitations. I will try to enable sub-nodes with Magic nodes inside of the Playlists branch. In meantime you could use a combination of those two scripts as you already did.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:33 pm
by markstuartwalker
ZvezdanD wrote:
markstuartwalker wrote:By putting the magic node item inside the playlists folder it was a perfect solution except for the limitation that I can't have sub-nodes which killed it stone dead :-(
The version of Magic Nodes which has a support for playlists is finished just recently, so it has some limitations. I will try to enable sub-nodes with Magic nodes inside of the Playlists branch. In meantime you could use a combination of those two scripts as you already did.
That is good news. If the sub-nodes can be made to work properly then the 'playlist' can become part of my auto-sync list. Indeal!

Mark

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:34 pm
by jewell080
HI
i think ths script is great but could you maby make it do it more often say 30 secs instead of 1 min as i need it to update faster but it is brilliant
thanks
jack

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:58 pm
by ZvezdanD
jewell080 wrote:could you maby make it do it more often say 30 secs instead of 1 min as i need it to update faster
Sorry, but I think it could complicate things unnecessary. I though it should be measured by hours, but implemented minutes just to be sure. I am wondering why anybody could want to export m3u files so often.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:10 pm
by jewell080
HI
ok it was only a question. i use it for djing i find it easyier to find the tunes with media monkey as the search option is better i then can put them into a playlist and this then is exported into virtual dj in which i can find the tune i wish to play or was requested.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:37 pm
by chrisjj
ZvezdanD wrote:v2.0 - 2009-02-12
- Added: possibility to create playlists in the Playlists node in similar way as export of .m3u files.
I cannot see this option. What's its label, please?

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm
by tableguy
Trying to export the child nodes to my Rockboxed Ipod.

When I do this it creates the files with the wrong path.
MM Database and files are on C:\....

The Music player is on I:\

It creates files starting with C:\..\..\*.m3u

And I need the files starting with I:\..\..\*.m3u
so that the player can find the files.

What I have been doing is editing the files to correct the drive letter.

I must be missing something.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 pm
by nynaevelan
As far as I know it will create the playlists based on where your tracks are so if they are on C, it will create them for C. Try using the relative paths method, maybe that will help.

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM2+3]

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:02 am
by Guest
tableguy wrote:When I do this it creates the files with the wrong path.
Beside of the relative paths method, I think you could use the option "Replace folders in a .m3u file" c: "with" i:.