Last.fm Playcount Import (2010-03-28) [MM3/4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

FeldmanSkitzoid

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import [MM3]

Post by FeldmanSkitzoid »

This looks pretty cool, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious. How do I actually use it? Is there a button or menu item somewhere that I'm not finding? I know I have it installed right - the LastFmImport.vbs file is in my Scripts folder, and it's showing up in my Extensions list.

Thanks.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

FeldmanSkitzoid wrote:This looks pretty cool, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious. How do I actually use it? Is there a button or menu item somewhere that I'm not finding? I know I have it installed right - the LastFmImport.vbs file is in my Scripts folder, and it's showing up in my Extensions list.

Thanks.
Tools -> Scripts -> Last FM PlayCount Import
FeldmanSkitzoid

Post by FeldmanSkitzoid »

I thought so.

I disabled UAC and tried again, and it worked. Damn Vista...
LordHades

Post by LordHades »

Thanks,

For this plugin, i lost my play count, so this was very handy to use! So thanks again.
Todd 2

Post by Todd 2 »

Does anyone know why i'm getting this error?

Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Todd 2 wrote:Does anyone know why i'm getting this error?

PM me your username (or post) and I'll take a look at it.
Todd 2

Post by Todd 2 »

Thanks, my Last.fm username is Toddcraft.
laurenglenn

Post by laurenglenn »

I hope you don't mind, but I made a slight modification to the script:

logme ArtistName & VBTab & Item.Title & VBTab & PlayCount & VBTab & list.Item(x).PlayCounter

SDB.ProcessMessages
'***** added by Lauren Glenn to set the LastPlayed date when the Last.FM playcount is modified. This will help with those "Not Recently Played" auto-playlists......
list.item(x).LastPlayed=now()
'********
list.Item(x).PlayCounter = PlayCount
SDB.ProcessMessages

The section is set to change the Last Played date to the time the script is run if the play count is adjusted. There were playlists I had that use this field to show songs that I haven't heard in a while. The original script is excellent and is the reason I switched to MM on my Netbook (and dumped the iPod). This helps make it work for me a little better until we can get the actual played date from Last.FM.....

If MM doesn't register a play because you didn't let it play to the end, this should help.

Thanks!
Lauren
Todd 2

Post by Todd 2 »

Still getting the same error message! ARgh!
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

http://psykar.com/scripts/

Code: Select all

' Changes: 1.12
' - Fix: More graceful xml checking, should catch ALL Invalid characters
'
' Changes: 1.11
' - Fix: More infalid xml characters checked
' - More graceful exits when errors occur
Also included your nowplayed time update, but commented out by default at line 293. This was because the majority of people seemed to say they prefered to figure out last played dates themselves.
At some point I'll get around to doing something a bit smarter in this regard...

edit: website back up

Post by Guest »

Psyker7 wrote:http://psykar.com/scripts/

Code: Select all

' Changes: 1.12
' - Fix: More graceful xml checking, should catch ALL Invalid characters
'
' Changes: 1.11
' - Fix: More infalid xml characters checked
' - More graceful exits when errors occur
Also included your nowplayed time update, but commented out by default at line 293. This was because the majority of people seemed to say they prefered to figure out last played dates themselves.
At some point I'll get around to doing something a bit smarter in this regard...

edit: website back up
Fair enough. Any chance of making it an IF statement with the option set with a constant value at the beginning so that it's easier to turn on and off with subsequent builds? How about a username constant?

This script made me look at how you're doing this along with seeing how to do the last played date/time in Last.FM, but it looks like the server only returns the last 100 items played with the date and time when you use the API. It's more for curiousity than anything else that I was looking. It's often easier to see how to do something by looking at how someone else did it.

Thanks! Great work, BTW.

Lauren
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

Whenever I try to run this script, I get an error saying "There are no charts available for this user". Any way I can fix this?
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Saiyavenger wrote:Whenever I try to run this script, I get an error saying "There are no charts available for this user". Any way I can fix this?
Either you have no music linked to your account I your account is less than a week old.
Otherwise Got your username handy so I can look into it further?
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

That definitely can't be the case. I've had my account since late 2006, and I've got about 4500 tracks scrobbled so far. (I reset my stats back in February.)

In any event, the username is Avenger29.
Champkat

Post by Champkat »

OK, I have downloaded and unzipped the LastFM import script into my MM Script folder. Is it supposed to be in a folder of it's own, like MonkeyRok? I have had it in it's own folder and it won't show up in my extensions. Hence it doesn't show up under tools -> Scripts. I just lost all of my play counts and would like to import them back into MM.