PlayNext V1-1

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

raybeau528

Re: PlayNext V1-0

Post by raybeau528 »

Ah ha ! and I never use the Now Playing Node ! :) I'll have to research that.

Ray
jkforde

Post by jkforde »

raybeau528 wrote:Right, it's only good for one shot. I would have to completely manage the Now Playing function via the script which is a possibility for a future script but it won't be any time soon.

Ray
OK, so it IS working flawlessly ;] (maybe you should highlight this issue in the script description to prevent other noobs from taking up your time!) Thanks once again for a great script!
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Can you try the latest upload (still 1-1) ? Learned a bit more about the Now Playing Main window.

Ray
Benn

Post by Benn »

Works fine Ray, thank you very much :D
Davo

Post by Davo »

Ray - Reinstalled 1.1 & it works ok now with the Now Playing node. Thanks.
David

Re: PlayNext V1-1

Post by MartinDK »

I'm very excited about this script! -A least to some degree, it seems to be on track to emulate the only thing Winamp has going for it vis-á-vis MM; namely the JTFE (Jump To File Extended/Extra) plugin by DrO.

Just tested it on MM 3.1.0.1251 and it does what it says - but it's somewhat sluggish (~2-4 sec delay after choosing PlayNext until it happens with ~3800 files in library).
>The above is when I right-click in the library/nodes and and choose 'Play Next!' (tested in' Now Playing' + 'Artist & Album Artist' nodes, both working).
>'If I execute the script from 'Tools>Scripts>PlayNext', I get an errorbox with a "Type Mismatch 'PlayNext'" (when I tried executing it from MM 3.0.7.1191 before I saw the MM3.1 requirement, it also stated Line 1 Column 0 in the ).
>Right-clicking in the Now Playing playlist (the one toggled by Ctrl+Alt+N) and choosing 'Play Next!' has no effect - as posted by others previously.

I'm no great programmer (in fact, calling me a programmer would be stretching it quite a bit!), but instead of just complaining, I'm gonna go to town on the code and see if I can contribute something useful, as this is a script I feel very strongly for!

I also instantly though of hacking the MM "shuffle list" (if there is such a thing - just going with an earlier comment of Ray's), and insert your selected track in 1st/next position - very much like Eyal suggested in a previous post (but coming up with the code for this is an entirely different matter!)

It could also be awesome to be able to choose several tracks with PlayNext and have them played successively (in stead of the last one being played first) - i.e. a kind of custom queue within the NowPlaying queue (JTFE-style).

Anways, back to what I wanted to say: Great initiative, Ray!! I hope this will wind up working properly for me, so I finally can get over Winamp and never yearn for JTFE again!

- Martin
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

I did some testing and discovered that the sluggishness does indeed occur when there are many tracks in the Now Playing list. I'll see if I can devise a better (faster) way to do this.

Given some of the inputs/feedback here, perhaps the only way to make this feature robust without being sluggish is to completely manage the Now Playing list within a script. I'm not sure if it's doable but I'd be willing to accept inputs as to exactly what features you'd like and do some basic prototyping to deem it feasible or not. Also if anyone wants to examine the code and offer ways to improve it that's fine with - I'm always open to learning opportunities.

Ray
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

A new version (1-2) is now available which fixes the performance issue. Note that when you select a track outside of the Now Playing list, that track is added to the end of the Now Playing list instead of being inserted after the current playing song.

Ray
Jag

Post by Jag »

Actually, the other thing that WinAmp has going for it that I would very much like to see in MM at some point is very similar to this (which is why I am writing it here)...

That is: The ability to load a playlist, then enqueue a few tracks on that playlist by just hitting "q" (and without changing the order of the now playing list)

Anyone fancy having a go at implementing something like this? I know you all enjoy a challenge! : )
Benn

Post by Benn »

Just a quick word to say how perfectly this works now, thanks Ray :D
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
:( I just realized I was still using 1.0, so I came here to see if it had been updated, which it had. Now though, I can't upgrade. :(
91falk

Post by 91falk »

Can someone reupload the file please?

mfg 91falk
91falk

Post by 91falk »

Can someone reupload the installpackage please?! ;)

mfg 91falk
Sorry, my english is bad ;)
florin

Post by florin »

91falk

Post by 91falk »

Thank you this File works fine :)

But I have one Problem wih this script:
You can only enquque in Song per time.
Isit not possible to wrte this Script vor enqueue mor then one Song per time?

I hope MediaMonkey gets a real enqueue-Funktion in next Version...
An enqueue-Funktion belongs to the Basics of a good mediaplayer!
And MediaMonkey is a good Player!

mfg 91falk
Sorry, my english is bad ;)