Paying for IMPORT M3U Script help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

thefaceman

Paying for IMPORT M3U Script help

Post by thefaceman »

I asked this question years ago and have a need to re-ask it again. I am trying to determine if there are users who are experts at scripting that offer their skills for a fee?

I have some needs that I'd consider paying for, based upon the success and timeliness of help.

thefaceman
Last edited by thefaceman on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thefaceman

Re: Paying for Script help

Post by thefaceman »

onenonymous wrote:I'd suggest that you post what you want the script to do....
I want a script that will allow me to imporrt my M3U lists and keep the missing files in the list.
-thefaceman
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I am working on my RecreateM3U script, I'm just so busy at work at the moment I'm not getting any spare time (when I get home, I dial in and work some more!).
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

thefaceman wrote:
onenonymous wrote:I'd suggest that you post what you want the script to do....
I want a script that will allow me to imporrt my M3U lists and keep the missing files in the list.
-thefaceman
I don't think it is possible, it sounds like you want to add to the library, files which do not exist, but MM does not do that.
PapaBear4Ever

Post by PapaBear4Ever »

There was a script that had that functionality but MoDementia removed it from production.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It is possible via a script because my "ImportM3Us" script used to and the "iPlaylistImporter" does as well. You just create a SongData object with a blank path.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

trixmoto wrote:It is possible via a script because my "ImportM3Us" script used to and the "iPlaylistImporter" does as well. You just create a SongData object with a blank path.
And I do that how?
thanks
thefaceman
Peke

Post by Peke »

@thefaceman
with patience ;)

I also think that ZvezdanD have something similar regarding Duplicate tracks and using ASX as parser.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Peke wrote:I also think that ZvezdanD have something similar regarding Duplicate tracks and using ASX as parser.
Well, my Track Redirection script could add new items to the Library, but it is not related to thefaceman's request. In fact, I though that trixmoto's ImportM3U already could do that what is requested, but never tried it.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Peke

Post by Peke »

Well my bad, it was wild guess anyway.
Best regards,
Peke
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

trixmoto wrote:I am working on my RecreateM3U script, I'm just so busy at work at the moment I'm not getting any spare time (when I get home, I dial in and work some more!).
OK, how much would it cost for you to fix the RecreateM3U script?
-thefaceman
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

Peke wrote:@thefaceman
with patience ;)

I also think that ZvezdanD have something similar regarding Duplicate tracks and using ASX as parser.
Yes, I think I am patience and not much I can do but either wait, or pay for someone to give me a solution. (or learn how to program).

I am just trying to figure out what that cost would be, it is too much, then i just wait, if the cost is right then i get my solution and can finally get my library categories back (FYI - I used my playlist to categorize my songs)

-thanks
-thefaceman
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Peke wrote:I also think that ZvezdanD have something similar regarding Duplicate tracks and using ASX as parser.
Well, my Track Redirection script could add new items to the Library, but it is not related to thefaceman's request. In fact, I though that trixmoto's ImportM3U already could do that what is requested, but never tried it.
Triximoto's script did have that feature but there is an error
-thefaceman
Peke

Post by Peke »

@thefaceman

I must be honest, I'm guessing that most people like me do not want to take money as they do scripts for fun and to make themselves and others easier way of monkeying.

It is always easier to take someones money for things that you will do eventually for yourself free, but than where is the fun in making it.
Best regards,
Peke