Last.fm Scrobbler help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Risser

Can't Scrobble

Post by Risser »

Hello,
I am suddenly unable to scrobble to Last.FM. I'm using MM 3.2.2.1300 and it was scrobbling just fine until a couple of weeks ago.

There are reasons I have for not upgrading to MM4, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Here's what the log looks like:

Code: Select all

4/3/2012 23:11:00.687: Last.FM: Player got Command wParam (Title)
4/3/2012 23:11:00.734: Last.FM: Player got Command wParam (Status)
4/3/2012 23:11:00.781: Last.FM: Nowplaying Play Detected at 1333509060
4/3/2012 23:11:00.906: Last.FM: Handshake Session Started
4/3/2012 23:11:01.750: Last.FM: Handshake Unknown Error Audioscrobbler submissions system.
4/3/2012 23:11:01.781: Last.FM: NowPlaying Skipping
4/3/2012 23:11:08.953: Last.FM: Player got Command wParam (Status)
Peter
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
DJSamhein

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler help

Post by DJSamhein »

Ok, I have a problem with this plugin. Basically, if I check "Only submit tracks that are part of the library", things work fine until randomly they stop working. The log complaints that the file isn't in the library, even though it was loaded directly from the library. Also, reloading the file from the library makes it work correctly.
I know I can just uncheck this, but I like this option, because I don't want to submit files that aren't part of the library. I listen to lots of stuff before adding to the library, and many times there are some that don't make it. I don't want them to be submitted, nor do I want to have to go to last.fm and remove them from the list. It would be so much simpler to have this simple option working. Is there any solution to this?
missqueenb86

Post by missqueenb86 »

Since 24th december 2011 my lastfm mediamonkey plug in will show that i'm listening to the current song playing in media monkey but as soon as its finished, i hit refresh on my lastfm page and the song I was listening to drops off.

The log file says " 11/04/2012 9:35:24 a.m.: Last.FM: Cache Submission Failed Plugin bug: Not all request variables are set - Invalid Timestamp
11/04/2012 9:35:24 a.m.: Last.FM: Cache Submission Failed Plugin bug: Not all request variables are set - Invalid Timestamp
11/04/2012 9:35:24 a.m.: Last.FM: NowPlaying Started
11/04/2012 9:35:24 a.m.: Last.FM: NowPlaying Volbeat - Fallen
11/04/2012 9:35:24 a.m.: Last.FM: NowPlaying OK"

I have checked my time stamp and its set for the right country and still nothing.
Have updated to current version of mediamonkey
cannot find a working Last Fm plug in update.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of switching back to iTunes :S
Tetsujin

Post by Tetsujin »

So I guess this is not gonna get looked into?

okay then
TMB

Post by TMB »

Looks like this doesn't scrobble at 50% of track played, like it does everywhere else...

Could you fix that?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Anyone have issues with last.fm please open Support Ticket, Compress LastFM_Log.txt and LastFM_Cache.dat and any relevant info you think it will help me.

@TMB
50% needs optional. Scrobbler only sends tracks on Played # increase to ensure MM and last.fm both correctly have Played statistics.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TMB

Post by TMB »

Ok, I see.

But now it appears that whenever the date changes, I have to restart MM for scrobbling to work again.

The log stops right before 00:00 :S
DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

Besides my previous issue, one other thing I've noticed is that, if you leave MM open for some time without playing any music, it stops scrobbling. You have to close MM and open it again to start it. Changing the status (Enable, disable or cache) does nothing, nor does the log show anything, not even an attempt to send anything.
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

The installation of this script will not work at all. I see it is from 2011, I have MM 4.03 - Windows 7 x64 and 8gb Ram.

Error: Error happened during installation
Next line: Unknown name

Nextscreen: Last.fm scrobbler did not install

Using: Last.fm_Scrobbler_1.0.2.29

I am looking for a plugin that will work with MM4 and allow me to scrobble tracks to Last.fm etc.

@Peke - Im not aware how to send you a log.

EDIT: A simple rightclick> run as administrator did the trick.
zefis

Post by zefis »

They sent me here from Last.fm forum, telling me it's better to ask you first. Yesterday, for safety issues, last.fm asked to change the password. I changed it, but soon after that, every song I listened to is scrobbled twice instead than only once.... Do you know which can be the possible cause?
matttudor

Post by matttudor »

everytime I close MM4.0.5. it logs me out of the last.fm scrobber v.4.0.29. When I log back in, it scrobbles OK. Then I close media monkey... and I have to login next time. Odd.Before the upgrade to 4, everything was aOK. Any ideas? It's probably very simple...
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Why is there no mention of this plugin in the lastfm website?
See: http://build.last.fm/category/Scrobblers?page=2
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Reaktor4

Post by Reaktor4 »

Fix the plugin. I really love MM but those scrobbling issues are starting to annoy me as hell. For now I've changed my music program.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
Lukas M

Post by Lukas M »

Hi, perhaps just a minor glitch. Using registered MM 4.x (noticed this even before update to the last version) with Last FM plugin 1.0.2.29.
Noticed one thing - in case of longer artist names, ( example: 'Lull & Beta Cloud & Andrew Liles' ), the scrobbling process shortens the name sent to the server (for that example, as 'Lull & Beta Cloud & Andrew' ).
Would appreciate if the next version of the scrobbler were able to fix this, not sure if it's a problem with MM or the plugin.
Cheers,
L.
njd09

Post by njd09 »

Lukas M wrote:Hi, perhaps just a minor glitch. Using registered MM 4.x (noticed this even before update to the last version) with Last FM plugin 1.0.2.29.
Noticed one thing - in case of longer artist names, ( example: 'Lull & Beta Cloud & Andrew Liles' ), the scrobbling process shortens the name sent to the server (for that example, as 'Lull & Beta Cloud & Andrew' ).
Would appreciate if the next version of the scrobbler were able to fix this, not sure if it's a problem with MM or the plugin.
Cheers,
L.
Same problem here. Please fix this, it's really annoying.