Last.fm Scrobbler help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Buruan

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler help

Post by Buruan »

Yeah unfortunately not, but thats why I am asking here in the addon section.

Lets take the external player, and syncing out of the equation for now, and ill explain what I am looking for based on that.

This addon currently performs a certain action (Submitting a song to last.fm as "scrobbled") after a certain trigger kicks in (finished playing this song in MMW).

Now if we slightly change this trigger to, for example, myself manually updating the playcount of a song by +1.
The addon could take this trigger just the same to perform the scrobble action.

Taking this request one step further, during the sync process, the playcounts of certain songs get increased, these triggers could be used to bulk submit all these songs to last.fm

This functionality as such does exist in itunes, there is a ios app (cloudscrob) which does the same for iphones/ipods which have wifi.
mcow

Post by mcow »

As far as I know, the scrobbler code is not scriptable, so you can't write your own. You can create a plugin with your own scrobble implementation; or find an open-source library. You'd probably need to register it with last.fm to get a key, (or use the downrev scrobble API which only accepts plays in the last day or last six hours or something like that).

MM's "native" scrobbler, I presume, has a key already. In fact, it already supports delayed (cached) scrobbling.
So yeah, implementing synced-play scrobbling is quite feasible technically. It's a question of resources and willingness.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I wonder if a workaround solution could be a script that writes to the cache file MediaMonkey uses when it can't scrobble and then let MediaMonkey's scrobbler scrobble them from that cache (it may only do that on startup).
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

That sounds like a workable solution Lowlander.
If we can figure out how to write to the cache upon sync, and then initiate scrobbling the cache.
Or even wait until MM starts next time and handle the cache then.
kingguru

Post by kingguru »

another question: is it possible to make this plug-in work with libre.fm? changing scrobbling server to turtle.libre.fm would be the very first step (maybe even the sufficient one? though not sure), but this plug-in doesn't allow that natively. so could you please tell me if there's any workaround?..

I've figured out this can be done by modifying windows etc\hosts file with this string: 149.20.54.250 post.audioscrobbler.com , but any less intrusive workaround would be very, very welcome. In general, I need to know if there's a possibility to edit the scrobbler to handshake with libre.fm server by default: this must be one code string, I suppose.
UksusoFF

Post by UksusoFF »

Hi! Anyone having trouble with scrobbling tracks to site?
Sometimes it's not scrobbling at all! But after restart MM it's worked normally.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's working fine for me. If you're having trouble you should check: http://status.last.fm/ it may indicate that the problem is on last.fm side.
UksusoFF

Post by UksusoFF »

Lowlander wrote:It's working fine for me. If you're having trouble you should check: http://status.last.fm/ it may indicate that the problem is on last.fm side.
Plug-in not reconnect to last.fm after anyone service down-up?
Aica

Post by Aica »

Hi everyone.

what do u think about this problem, when i try to install last.fm Plugin?

Dozenmatta

Post by Dozenmatta »

I have not read all this thread, but all i want to say is scrobbling in MM has not been working for
me for months now.

This is sort of me, all i want with a player is a physical directory browser, and last.fm scrobbling.

MM used to do this quite nicely. and i only just recently bought the pro version. Im switching as soon as i find a replacement.
drughetto

Can't scroble to last.fm , help

Post by drughetto »

hi

i did a search but i was not able to scroble to last.fm

i get always this error Image

i tried to install http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... scrobbler/

1.0.2.26 & 1.0.2.29 and i get always the same error when media monkey starts up

i tried even the winamp plugin but nothing!

is there a way to scroble?

thanks!
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Re: Can't scroble to last.fm , help

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey are you using? Make sure it is 4.0.7 or the latest beta of 4.1.
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

Lowlander wrote:Which version of MediaMonkey are you using? Make sure it is 4.0.7 or the latest beta of 4.1.
i have 4.0.7 portable because at work i can not install it

i tried even the winamp plugins http://www.spibey.com/scrobbler/

i got this error when i try to enter in the preferencesImage
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

The scrobbler requires extra steps to work in portable mode. see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... er#p357486
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

Lowlander wrote:You can install the last.fm scrobbler in the Portable Install of MediaMonkey, but need to register the com server. To do so start MediaMonkey as "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe" "/elevate /regcomserver" once.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 429#c31376
what does run start media monkey with /elevate /regcomserver ?
does it write in the registry?

thanks