Idea: (Multi) Genre link tree

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mohikaani

Idea: (Multi) Genre link tree

Post by mohikaani »

I know that I can create Multi genre nodes with Magic Nodes but I would like to have similar organization on my hard drive (genres as a folder tree and albums or artists as their subfolders) and I think it would be possible to implement with windows' symbolic links (or junctions), see Mlink.

Script function could be expanded by using Custom fields etc. It would also be possible to organize music alphabetically (folder tree made of letters from A-Z and artist or albums as their subfolders).

What do you think? It doesn't even seem so hard to implement but I don't have the coding skills...
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)
Let

Re: Idea: (Multi) Genre link tree

Post by Let »

My folder structure is exactly the way you've described.

"Genre"
"Genre\Albums"
"Genre\Albums\Artist - Title (Year)"
"Genre\Singles"
"Genre\Singles\Artist - Title (Year)"

I create "Genre", "Albums" and "Singles" folders and "Auto Organize Files" does the rest of the work with "..\<Album Artist> - <Album> (<Year>)\<Track#:2>. <Artist> - <Title>". "Auto Organize Files" is very effective with a "Auto-Tag From Web" feature. While renaming, it is possible to use first letter of artist, release year or any custom field. You'd better take a look at "Configuring Directory and Filename Formats" help page.
mohikaani

Re: Idea: (Multi) Genre link tree

Post by mohikaani »

I'm aware of this feature but I don't want to make physical changes and I would like to see albums and/or artists in all of their multiple genre nodes just like in Magic Nodes.
Windows 7 | MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dell Studio 1537 (Core 2 Duo T6400, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3450)