Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [OUTDATED]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [MM3]

Post by Owyn »

Reproduced problem. Query format is unchanged, e.g.
http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/pl ... 20Brothers

but response format has changed. Will work on fix tonight.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
SP0NZ

Post by SP0NZ »

FYI...

The origianl lyricator.mmip script is still functioning today although the newer 1.x.x builds all seem to be experiencing the same http: results mentioned as of 2010.08.04
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

FYI...

The origianl lyricator.mmip script is still functioning today although the newer 1.x.x builds all seem to be experiencing the same http: results mentioned as of 2010.08.04
Hmmm...
I just uninstalled 1.1.0.021 and deleted all Lyricator program files then re-installed V0.9.6 and still getting same result. I think I put a hex on this script.... just a few days ago I was wondering how long it would take for the site to do something to stop it working. :(
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

SP0NZ wrote:FYI...

Thanks. That info will help me working around the problem.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Owyn wrote..
Thanks. That info will help me working around the problem.
I probably should have been more specific, I'm still getting the lyricsvip link for all tracks even with V0.9.6. Only went wrong overnight as yesterday I tagged many new tracks OK.

Cheers
lilfellabob

Post by lilfellabob »

This is probably a pointless post but I'm getting the same thing (tried i think 0.96 and 1.1.0.021).
(Y)
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

bump
It was work yesterday for me as well.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

I know what the problem is, the response now uses an onload event. However, I still don't know how to solve it. e.g.

Code: Select all

<body onload="javascript:getContent('The%20Avett%20Brothers', 'Incomplete%20and%20Insecure')">
Back to RTFM and testing.
cartuhh

Post by cartuhh »

The javascript calls this URL: http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/pl ... 1124245952 (ts = timestamp generated by javascript)
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

cartuhh wrote:The javascript calls this URL: http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/pl ... 1124245952 (ts = timestamp generated by javascript)
????
The actual URL with expansion matches the URL shown above in my first e.g. note. Follow the link and view source to see the unexpanded html. If you have e.g. Firebug installed you can trace the fully invoked code IN THE BROWSER.

Actually a collection of problems:
- LyricsPlugin interface has changed
- The new onload action is not triggered when the js Request object is invoked and I have yet to determine how to trigger it
- An alternate solution appears to be to create a Referrer header for the request. See here for example. I have been reading through the js Request object documentation but have yet to determine how to implement the Python fix in js
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

As far as I can see there are two possible ways to proceed...

1) Use a hidden SDB.UI.ActiveX object so that you can "Navigate" to the url, this should fire the onload event and you should then be able to scrap the html, I believe.

2) Don't bother running the URL at all, download their javascript and find out what the onload event "getContent" is actually doing and try to replicate that. It looks like you've checked this out already as it seems to call "content.php" - it comes back blank for me, maybe because of the "ts" parameter, maybe because it checks the referer? You could try setting this in the request header to see if this helps.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

trixmoto wrote:scrap the html
I would love to do that, but, I assume you meant to say "scrape". :D
Thanks for the help.

Post by Guest »

Would it be possible/easy to use another lyrics site? I had issues with lyricsplugin and songbird since once year, mostly because they change every now and then their interface. On the other hand I was quite successfull with lyrics.wikia.com, their interface hasn't changed in the last year. From the code of Lyricator it looks much more complicated to me than for example the plugin for mp3tag ;-) No idea if this would be an option, just a thought *shrug*
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:Would it be possible/easy to use another lyrics site? I had issues with lyricsplugin and songbird since once year, mostly because they change every now and then their interface. On the other hand I was quite successfull with lyrics.wikia.com, their interface hasn't changed in the last year. From the code of Lyricator it looks much more complicated to me than for example the plugin for mp3tag ;-) No idea if this would be an option, just a thought *shrug*
Lyric wiki's API only allows access to part of the lyrics (about 1/7 of them) due to licensing restrictions. See:
http://groups.google.com/group/lyricwik ... ?pli=1|API
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

trixmoto wrote:You could try setting this in the request header to see if this helps.
This is definitely going to be required as confirmed by the Python/foobar code I referenced above.

So, how do I set the HTTP Referrer header in the js Request object?