MM G15 plugin v1.4 for Logitech G15, G13, G510, G19 etc.

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Eyal

Re: MM G15 plugin v1.2

Post by Eyal »

Great! It's working now with v1.2b on my XP 32-bits.
I figured out that I need VC++ 2005 Redist like did previous user. The clue was that 1.1b didn't work, "invalid configuration" error message.

Now everything is fine and I can use the new tags. (You should update them on first post). Please note that v1.1b link on top of your web page points to v1.2b.zip. That shouldn't be an issue since 1.1 is not needed anymore, I think.

Here's a pic of my keyboard LCD screen the way I like it:

Seems that the only thing that should be fixed is to display %PL_INDEX%+1 instead, otherwise it starts a zero. :wink:

Thanks a lot!

Eyal :~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

Thanks for letting me know, I'll post a fix in a little bit. Let me know if there's any more issues.

edit: Posted a fix, download links are the same just re-download it. btw Eyal, can I use that pic of the G510 on the first page of this thread/my website? I don't have one to take a pic myself.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thanks meowmix! It's now working perfectly.

No problem for the picture, I made a corrected one you can use: Link

Thanks so much.

Eyal :~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
niterider666

Post by niterider666 »

Hi there, great plugin. I have a Dell XPS M1730 with G15 screen built in, and using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. The plugin works well most of the time but every so often develops a memory leak! It got up to over 500mb the other day before I had to end the process! And it does crash when exiting MediaMonkey occasionally. Is there a fix for this? I'm running version 1.2b.

Many Thanks

Niterider666
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

Are you running the 64 bit version? The 32 bit version has memory problems under 64 bit.

Otherwise, Is it a slow build up or a sudden spike? I've seen the spike before and tracked it down the the API. It clears up in about 1-2 seconds as the memory gets recycled. I'll be looking more into it as I plan on doing general optimization for the next version.

If it's a slow build up it's most likely a programming error. How long does it take to get out of hand and is it only while playing music? I've had mine running for about 30 hours now with MM open the whole time, though music wasn't playing during the night and it's only sitting at about 3MB higher than a fresh start for me so it does seem to be building memory but not very fast.
niterider666

Post by niterider666 »

Yep using the 64 bit version. It only happens after playing music in MediaMonkey while the plugin is displayed on the G15. It is a slow build-up, today it got up to 200k over a period of about 3 hours. Again, it doesn't happen every time but I'd say every 3rd time I use MediaMonkey. Just upgraded to the latest version of MM today and the problem still occurs! Otherwise it's a very useful plug-in!!

Niterider666
meowmix4jo

Re: MM G15 plugin v1.3

Post by meowmix4jo »

I uploaded a new version. Cut down on API calls and memory usage. I couldn't replicate the memory leak or find any likely sources, but let me know if it's still occurring in the new version.
niterider666

Post by niterider666 »

That's great, I will try it out, whereabouts is the link for downloading?

Cheers

Niterider666
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

Peke

Post by Peke »

@Meowmix
Are you interested that I make small DLL so that you can show Album Art on Display? It will be written in Delphi you are interested.

Also, have you considered to make it in Actual Plugin DLL instead of Separate app? Let me know I'll be more than glad to help you it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

The LCD is only 43 pixels high and black and white, so pretty much only images that were made specifically for use on displays like that will work. You could do album art on the G19 since it has a 320x240 display, but I don't have one, it uses the same API though.

I actually originally started it as a DLL since you don't have to use COM that way, which accounts for about 85% of the CPU and RAM use right now, but it won't work with the Logitech LCD manager if it's not an exe.
niterider666

Post by niterider666 »

Hi Meowmix,

I've downloaded the newer version to test but there isn't a 64 bit exe in the zip! Have you made a 64 bit version for this update yet?

Many Thanks

niterider666 :)
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

I didn't include one because I fixed the issue under 64 bit. It's back to the normal of 64 bit using 2x as much memory. I can give you a copy if you want it, but it doesn't actually make use of any 64 bit precision so there's no performance benefit.
niterider666

Post by niterider666 »

Ah ok. It's just I can't seem to run the x86 version without getting the 'side by side configuration' error. I have installed both x86 and x64 versions of the 2005 redist but this version doesn't wanna play! If you could upload the x64 anyway as the last version in 64 bit worked fine.

Many Thanks

Niterider666
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

I included the x64 version now, the download is in the same place just replaced the old one.

If you still get the SxS error with the 64 bit version it's because I just reformatted and it probably ended up using a different version of the redist. Figuring out which one it decided to use is always fun.