MM G15 plugin v1.4 for Logitech G15, G13, G510, G19 etc.

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

meowmix4jo

Re: MM G15 plugin v1.3

Post by meowmix4jo »

Are you using the latest version? That happened in an older version and I fixed it, but it could have broken again in an update. I won't have time to check it today or tomorrow but if it's broken again I'll fix it in the next version which most likely won't be until next week.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Yeah, I grabbed 1.3 and it's the first time I've had it... installed. Does the board have 'native' support? Cause I have one that just shows the artist and time bar, and then yours which shows the other information. Different fonts and sizes and such. Hm...
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

The one that comes with it the drivers works with winamp, MM can use winamp plugins but it doesn't work correctly and it isn't customizable which is why I made this.

I tested it and the bug IS back, so I'll fix it next version. I forgot I had to change the way I handle strings when I switched to unicode which is where the problem was last time so it's probably that again.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Sounds good. Wasn't that big of an issue, if you know a good deal about your collection and can spot when something shouldn't have an album. Guess it could prove problematic for some more obscure tracks in your library that you're not as familiar with (besides, there's probably few tracks in everyones library that doesn't have an album).

However, I've noticed another issue in my use. I've yet to find a specific trigger, but somehow the formatting keeps getting messed up. The text gets bigger and the times overlap that progress bar. Haven't found a way of fixing it either without restarting the PC.
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

Yeah I know about the format messing up, it's happened to me too. I haven't been able to figure it out either since the debugger tells me the size hasn't changed even though I can see it has. I had to mess around with the SDK a lot to get it to work, and there's a new SDK with the new version of the gaming software so I have to rewrite all that, I should be able to fix it or at least narrow it down from that. I've got all the other bugs fixed though, new version will be up as soon as I fix that one.
saugstauber

Post by saugstauber »

Will the new version be compatible to MM 4.0.7.1511, too?
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

The old one was working with 4.0.7.1511 for me, I couldn't find anything that made it not work. Running the new one right now fine too so it SHOULD work, but if it doesn't I'll find out what's going.

btw to reset without a computer restart just end the process and open it again, it reads the settings on program startup.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Hm, I thought that's one of the things I had tried. Guess not. Quick and simple fix though. :)
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

I get an error when I try to install MM_G15 x64.exe on a Windows 7 64 bit.

The erroer says "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail".

I am using G19 keyboard... not sure if that is causing the issue?
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

Perfect, thank you for the quick response, that resolved it :)

Thank you
modtang

Post by modtang »

What am I doing wrong that I can't get it to work then? Any thoughts?
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

What process name is your MM using in task manager? It's either having trouble detecting that MM is running or MM isn't letting it make a connection, usually restarting MM would fix that though so it's probably having trouble detecting it.

Also the font bug seems to be fixed, I've been running it with no incident for a few hours, if it doesn't show up again I'll post the new version tomorrow.
modtang

Post by modtang »

It's using MM_G15 x64.exe, which I assume is correct as I am using Windows 8 64bit?

I've even tried running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode and as Administrator.
Last edited by modtang on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

The actual mediamonkey process, it's usually mediamonkey.exe. Try the x86 version too, I don't think it will make a difference but it won't hurt to try it.