Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peter Panino

Re: Monkey Rok 5.7 - Updated 18/07/2012

Post by Peter Panino »

trixmoto wrote:I don't think it's really designed to do this, but I'll try and make it work in the next version.
Having working hyperlinks in an application like MM is EXTREMELY useful. I would REALLY like to see it working!
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I'm sorry Trixmoto,
I misunderstood how the new release works. I thought it was in function of the now playing song.
Since I only registered to lastfm 2days ago, there wasn't enough tracks scrobbled to my library.

Problem solved :)
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote:@dypsis - I get this sometimes, through out the options panels. It seems to be something to do with the way that MM redraws the options sheets over each other, sometimes you get some bits from the previous sheet showing through. The difference should be that "Biographies" only shows the first artist in the track artist field, whereas "All Biographies" will show all of the artists, from any of the artist fields, even if multiple artists are specified.
Oh, so I have to have a mixed list of artists in MonkeyRok to notice the "All Biographies" difference?
I was playing an album from the same artist. :-?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, if the track only has one artist, then "All biographies" will only show one artist :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Great to see a new update to Monkey Rok! I love this addon.

I've found one issue with the new version though when it's set in the options to "Always hide" upon startup. When MM is started, it's true that MonkeyRok doesn't open, but instead an empty panel with the title "np_Panel" comes up

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Why would you select "Always hide"!? :o :lol: I'll get this fixed in the next version.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Hello,

I recently installed Mediamonkey 4.0.6 (as far as I'm aware I completely uninstalled Monkey Rok 5.6 and the previous version of Mediamonkey beforehand) and now when I attempt to install Monkey Rok 5.7 I receive the error "Monkey Rok was not Installed" without fail.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium version 6.0 Service Pack 2.

Do you have any advice on how I'd go about troubleshooting this? Is there a log file I can check for further information?

Many thanks,

Ron
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the script itself never outputs that message, and there's no debug messaging throughout the installation process. Do you see the progress bar appear at the bottom whilst it's installing? You might need to install a debug version of MM and use DebugView to provide additional details.
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Thanks for the response trixmoto.

There's no progress bar; the error message is popped a second or two after I click on the 'Install Now' button so there's not a great deal to go on. Strangely, although it doesn't appear to have been installed (it's not shown on the view menu and the Monkey Rok sections haven't been added to the Mediamonkey options) Monkey Rok is listed as a Mediamonkey extension.

I'll give a debug version of MM a try as you've suggested - hopefully this will help me get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks again.
plasticdream

Post by plasticdream »

Ronnie wrote:Thanks for the response trixmoto.

There's no progress bar; the error message is popped a second or two after I click on the 'Install Now' button so there's not a great deal to go on. Strangely, although it doesn't appear to have been installed (it's not shown on the view menu and the Monkey Rok sections haven't been added to the Mediamonkey options) Monkey Rok is listed as a Mediamonkey extension.

I'll give a debug version of MM a try as you've suggested - hopefully this will help me get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks again.
Same problem. Could be a security settings problem of IE?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

IE isn't used the installation, as far as I'm aware, so I wouldn't have thought it would be that.
js1138

Post by js1138 »

All I get is a blank panel. I'd think the default would be a little more informative.

Using Win XP and MM 4.0.6.1501
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you're getting a blank panel then it's because your IE settings are blocking the script from running. The script can't really be more informative when it's not running.
js1138

Post by js1138 »

I don't use IE, so I'm not familiar with the security settings. It would help to know exactly what settings need to be changed and where.

Thanks.
js1138

Post by js1138 »

I get the script warning and answer yes. I do not object to the warning, at least in the short run. The panel still comes up blank.

I've looked at the custom security settings and there are a dozen or more settings. Are there particular ones that are not the default?