Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Cristhian

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by Cristhian »

Hi... A big thanks from Brazil.

So i want know/or suggest how to add lyric source in lyricator, we have a brazilian song lyrics site that aways have almost every song seached in google its call Letras de Música e Vagalume, so have a way to put those in the source?

Sorry by the bad english, i hope u understand.

Thanks again guys! :D
roupp

Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by roupp »

You guys rock! Thank you so much for releasing a fantastic product and moreover performing the necessary due dillagence to ensure a working product. I love the percentage found statistic - that's awesome.
shrodes

Post by shrodes »

SquirrelScript wrote: I haven't got a copy of MediaMonkey to hand at the mo, however I think it may say "All Tracks", but it when it comes to a track with no lyrics - it instantly skip over it. I'll look into it (and I'll changed the variable for the next release - so it's not [All Tracks], but [How many it found])
Yep, I came to this conclusion later on too, I just thought it was a bit odd to word it like it's saving the total number of tracks, but I guess this is just printing the for loop or something. It's no biggie if it's not actually saving blank ones.

About lyrics sites, I think songmeanings.net is the biggest database of lyrics, but I don't think it would be very easy to parse, their site structure is a little weird. I was going to try parsing it myself in the meantime if Lyricator didn't get updated.
arbee

Post by arbee »

When using Lyricator, the Lyricator windows opens and then a Explorer window opens that tries to show Lyricator.htm.

Nothing happens afterwards and the lyricator window does no display anything.

I then have to press cancel to close it down.

Any idea what is wrong in my settings.

I use the latest Mediamonkey version on a Windows 7 german version.

Regards
Arbee
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Haven't seen that, is your user a local administrator? If you're not sure, check the Windows documentation on your system regarding "account types," then review your User Accounts control panel.

All: please read through the Release Notes (also posted here as the first post), paying particular notice to Known Issues. It might save you some time and frustration. :wink:

BTW, I've confirmed the "error" in the count during the momentary "writing" footer ... I can't find it in the code, but I believe it's indicating WHICH TRACK is being submitted to MM to re-tagging, not progress on how many overall are being written. In the following screenshot, it's queuing track #16 of 20 for writing ... NOT 16th track with lyrics found (because there weren't that many found, only 13 had results). Note that the 16th track is highlighted in bright green. :wink: So I don't think this is a bug, but a misinterpretation of the message.

«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
shrodes

Post by shrodes »

davidbspalding wrote: BTW, I've confirmed the "error" in the count during the momentary "writing" footer ... I can't find it in the code, but I believe it's indicating WHICH TRACK is being submitted to MM to re-tagging, not progress on how many overall are being written. In the following screenshot, it's queuing track #16 of 20 for writing ... NOT 16th track with lyrics found (because there weren't that many found, only 13 had results). Note that the 16th track is highlighted in bright green. :wink: So I don't think this is a bug, but a misinterpretation of the message.

Yeah, this is what I was referring to. I'm not familiar with the workings of MM that much, but my initial question was whether it was necessary to re-tag those tracks if lyrics weren't found for them (if that is indeed what is happening)?
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

shrodes wrote:... Yeah, this is what I was referring to. I'm not familiar with the workings of MM that much, but my initial question was whether it was necessary to re-tag those tracks if lyrics weren't found for them (if that is indeed what is happening)?
As I indicated with my earlier post (and have proven with re-testing), that's not what's happening. Lyricator isn't touching files that aren't selected for update.
RifRaf

Post by RifRaf »

a huge thank you to all that got lyricator going again, one of my favorite scripts
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I believe I've installed this correctly but I get the following error when trying to use it.

Cannot find "file:///R:Temp/Lyricator.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

I click OK and I get Error happened during script execution. The operation was cancelled by user. I didn't cancel.

MM for me is on an external hard drive...Letter R. Is this a problem?
martyn7772

Post by martyn7772 »

I keep getting a "Product Installation Error" messsage when I try to install
There is no lyricator in script, in Tools
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

martyn7772 wrote:I keep getting a "Product Installation Error" messsage when I try to install
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=59
DigiCowboy

Post by DigiCowboy »

Awesome - I really missed this script while it was down. THANKS!!
Goofy

Post by Goofy »

Thanks!
TekGamer

Post by TekGamer »

Awesome Job! Thanks!
TekGamer
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

rrfpacker wrote:I believe I've installed this correctly but I get the following error when trying to use it.
Cannot find "file:///R:Temp/Lyricator.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
I click OK and I get Error happened during script execution. The operation was cancelled by user. I didn't cancel.
MM for me is on an external hard drive...Letter R. Is this a problem?
Not sure if this is a bug, as I am using MM on a system with multiple partitions: C:\, L:\, P:\, U:\, and W:\.

Try running the following command in a shell/CMD window on the computer you run MM on, and copy the results here:

Code: Select all

echo %tmp% && echo %temp% && echo %appdata%
Also, ensure you're using a local administrator account on your system when you run Lyricator. A lot of users overlook this requirement.
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.