Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you for your response, I know you are busy.

I always run Monkey as administrator.

After running the command I get this error "Windows cannot find 'echo'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again".
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

davidbspalding wrote:
rrfpacker wrote:I believe I've installed this correctly but I get the following error when trying to use it.
Cannot find "file:///R:Temp/Lyricator.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
I click OK and I get Error happened during script execution. The operation was cancelled by user. I didn't cancel.
MM for me is on an external hard drive...Letter R. Is this a problem?
Not sure if this is a bug, as I am using MM on a system with multiple partitions: C:\, L:\, P:\, U:\, and W:\.

Try running the following command in a shell/CMD window on the computer you run MM on, and copy the results here:

Code: Select all

echo %tmp% && echo %temp% && echo %appdata%
Also, ensure you're using a local administrator account on your system when you run Lyricator. A lot of users overlook this requirement.
I just remembered that when I was trying to use MM with a network shared drive, e.g. R:\ (e.g. \\192.168.1.[x]\sharename\ => R:\), it had repeated problems. I narrowed it down to, some versions of Windows do not refresh the connection to the drive until the first use by Explorer. IOW, if you don't open an Explorer windows on r:\, then calls to it by programs and scripts fail with timeouts, and ... "not found." :(

So in MM.INI and other configuration settings, I ensured that I use the IP address instead.
More information about this in the MM wiki:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ediamonkey
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 49&nav=0,2

I don't know why you can't run a simple command line command like "echo" unless Windows has drastically changed. Let me illustrate...

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

So, I asked a friend to help...below is the response. Is that what you were looking for?

She suggested using a path statement. What does that mean and where would I put it?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\L. Thompson>echo %tmp% && echo %temp% && echo %appdata%
C:\Users\L884C~1.THO\AppData\Local\Temp
C:\Users\L884C~1.THO\AppData\Local\Temp
C:\Users\L. Thompson\AppData\Roaming

C:\Users\L. Thompson>
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

That tells me your user profile is on a local hard drive, that's fine.

Dunno what your friend means by adding a path, get her to clarify for you.

As mentioned, if you're using WiFi, and your R:\ drive is on a network drive, then I would suggest changing all network drive references to use an IP address, as per the references I mentioned.
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
Donski

Post by Donski »

So far it's great, it finds a lot that were missed before. I found one problem with it. Whenever you get a song where the title is simply Medley, it searches forever and doesn't move on to the next track.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Donski wrote:So far it's great, it finds a lot that were missed before. I found one problem with it. Whenever you get a song where the title is simply Medley, it searches forever and doesn't move on to the next track.
Options > Lyricator, remove "Medley" from black list.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Donski

Post by Donski »

nohitter151 wrote:
Donski wrote:So far it's great, it finds a lot that were missed before. I found one problem with it. Whenever you get a song where the title is simply Medley, it searches forever and doesn't move on to the next track.
Options > Lyricator, remove "Medley" from black list.
Thanks, didn't even know that was an option. :D
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

That tells me your user profile is on a local hard drive, that's fine.

Dunno what your friend means by adding a path, get her to clarify for you.

As mentioned, if you're using WiFi, and your R:\ drive is on a network drive, then I would suggest changing all network drive references to use an IP address, as per the references I mentioned.
Not ignoring you, just busy and I won't see my friend for a couple of weeks. I will talk to her about your IP address suggestion and try to get this to work.

Thank you for your help.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

love the updated lyricator, thanks for your efforts.

One thing I would love to see is an option to skip files which already have lyrics, that way I can select a bunch of files and have it only look for missing lyrics.

Yea I realize that I could make an autoplaylist, but this would let me use it on arbitrary selection (like now playing list or subset).
jorgebuster

Post by jorgebuster »

Is there a problem with LyrDB? when lyricator reach that site for searchings it just stays there and dont move to the next song...... :o
jonp

Post by jonp »

Love this script - thanks heaps! :D I am also experiencing the script stopping on LyrDB lookup.
Donski

Post by Donski »

Teknojnky wrote:love the updated lyricator, thanks for your efforts.

One thing I would love to see is an option to skip files which already have lyrics, that way I can select a bunch of files and have it only look for missing lyrics.
I add the Lyrics column, that way I simply click on it in the header and it sorts. That effectively separates all the tracks with lyrics from the ones that don't.
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Donski wrote:
Teknojnky wrote:... One thing I would love to see is an option to skip files which already have lyrics, that way I can select a bunch of files and have it only look for missing lyrics.
I add the Lyrics column, that way I simply click on it in the header and it sorts. That effectively separates all the tracks with lyrics from the ones that don't.
I use the lyrics column in detailed view a lot, too. You can save various display profiles with columns visible or invisible. I actually have one saved for updating Lyrics and Composer tags. Teknojnky could also use the search function to narrow the view to tracks w/o lyrics.

Also, we must consider that some users want to search for lyrics for tracks that already have values in the Lyrics tag. E.g. I copy/prepend Composer values, when present, to the Lyrics tag so that I can see it on my Ipod. I can always prepend again, but might want to search for lyrics and overwrite the tag if found. Lyricator automagically skipping files with something in Lyrics means I'd have to clear the tag just to search ... an extra, and potentially unnecessary, step. ;)
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
Josh

Post by Josh »

It seems that there are issues when either the Song Title or Artist name has a punctuation mark in it (ie "What's Eating Gilbert" has an apostrophe I've noticed it with question marks as well) the script seems to get stuck at Lyrics DB. And if I disable Lyrics DB the script finds no lyrics even though a quick google search returns a lot of sites with the lyrics at all the sites like metrolyrics and such.
klinsten

Post by klinsten »

i had to disable LyrDB as well as it got stuck all the time.
I did not have time to examine, but could be that non-alphanumeric characters are cousing the trouble.
I'll let you know if i find something.