Last.FM Plugin Scrobbling Issue

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Last.FM Plugin Scrobbling Issue

Post by Guest »

My tracks show as Now Playing on Last.FM when they are playing, but for some reason, they aren't scrobbled into the recent history on Last.FM. I have green logo on the toolbar of MM which is supposed to me Live Scrobbling.

The log file shows OK on every action and it says that the track has been scrobbled. I have gone through tutorial and troubleshooting guides and everything matches my setup.

How do I fix this?
Norman24

Re: Last.FM Plugin Scrobbling Issue

Post by Norman24 »

When your scrobbling be sure to uncheck the boxes, so everything shows up at Last.fm..

Post by Guest »

My settings looked the same as the ones in the pictures before I posted. I am wondering if it is a problem with Last.FM and/or MM updating their system or something.
Norman24

Post by Norman24 »

Guest wrote:My settings looked the same as the ones in the pictures before I posted. I am wondering if it is a problem with Last.FM and/or MM updating their system or something.
Just had it happen to me as well.. Be absolutely sure the song in is spelled correctly in MM, without any hyphens, underscores etc... I noticed when I corrected the songs, they showed up in Last.FM when you reload the screen...

Post by Guest »

Norman24 wrote: Just had it happen to me as well.. Be absolutely sure the song in is spelled correctly in MM, without any hyphens, underscores etc... I noticed when I corrected the songs, they showed up in Last.FM when you reload the screen...
It won't scrobble any songs. It was working fine about 4 days ago and the settings haven't been changed since then. Nobody uses this computer except for me. The same songs that scrobbled before aren't scrobbling now. They show on the Now Playing thing but don't get added to the recent history/playcount on Last.FM.

I checked them and all of the songs are spelled correctly as well as not having hyphens and underscores. The ones that do have hyphens (eg. By-Tor And The Snow Dog by Rush) scrobbled before, but they don't scrobble now.
Norman24

Post by Norman24 »

Hmm, strange.... Only thing I would do now is to re-install the scrobbler program for MM, some file may have gotten corrupted..... Uninstall the current version then do a new install.. I wish others would chime in with their views...

What may help is if you register here, as oppose to being a guest may help...

Post by Guest »

I uninstalled both MediaMonkey and the plug in. I reinstalled them and it still doesn't work. It worked like 4 days ago then suddenly stopped working around the time of the OP.

Post by Guest »

I gave up and did the thing where you trick Last.FM into thinking MediaMonkey is Winamp. Thanks for trying to help.
spikegms

Post by spikegms »

I`m with this exact same problem, as you can see here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=54048

It happenned first for me in december and somehow it got back working after some time. Now, it's back again, beggining of the month. Might be a issue related with date or something? Seems like a lot of people is having these problems if you check last.fm forums. I don't think it's related to mediamonkey at all.

Good thing is that it got back working after some time for me last time, and I am now hoping it works again this time.

Thanks.

EDIT: And it's now working again. As I thought, it's probably a problem on Last.fm's side, with their new API and stuff.