CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3 [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3 [MM3+4]

Post by Steegy »

:: Script CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3

This script helps you to quickly tag your custom fields. In the context menu of the selected tracks, for the fields where this is enabled in the options, you get a list with possible values from which you can select. You can (dis)allow the use of multiple values per field. Values that are not yet used can be added manually to the field, as the selection list is dynamically updated and shows only values that are used in MM.

Installation Package: CustomFieldsTagger103.mmip

Information:

Here you see that one track is selected which has multiple values in the "Language/Instrument" custom field.

When multiple tracks are selected and a value appears in some but not all of them, a "multiple selection" icon is shown.
Here you also see the checkbox to allow or disallow multiple values in the custom field. New values can be added using "Add/set value...".

In the configuration panel, you can select which Custom Fields should be visible:

Version history:
1.0.1: Initial version.
1.0.2: Akinoryx added menu item with shortcut keys (menu Edit > Custom Field Tagger). Changes to this configuration need to happen in the script file. No cleanup/uninstall forseen for the menu items (without restarting MM, uninstall or reinstall script will leave old menu item present. Restart MM to avoid problems).
1.0.3: Added Tempo and Quality fields, and Grouping field and support for similar fields, and fixed bug (now also writes changes to files' tags, when set in MM's options). Minimal testing has been done on the last 2 versions...
Last edited by Steegy on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
nynaevelan

Re: CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.0 [MM3+4]

Post by nynaevelan »

My, my Steegy you are on a roll..... :D
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
-SuperFunk-

Post by -SuperFunk- »

hey this looks cool!
you should do the same for moods and themes! :D
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Glad to see you back at it, Steegy. Your approach at this idea addresses some ideas I had for the old eCustom script (which is no longer developed now anyway). That script only let you manually set a list of values that could be used, and was limited in it's functionality (it didn't display whether the value was already used on files or not for instance). Certainly liking the dynamic-ness of this script in that it pulls the values without having to manually set any lists and definitely like that it shows if a value is set for the selected files.

I think my only "complaint" is that this isn't available from the Now Playing node (but is present in the Now Playing window). However, even the eCustom script suffered this problem and I think a few others do as well. May be a scripting limitation. All in all, good job on this script. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next (if anything? :()
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Oops, I didn't know about the eCustom script. Although I did a forum search, I didn't came across it before. I've downloaded v2.1 of the script now (the latest v2.2 seems to be unavailable) and will see what can be improved. (Edit: wow, that script is nicely coded!)

Current things to add in some next version (of CFT):
  • Add items to toolbar for faster access (Menu_TbCategorize) (DEFERING TO LATER VERSION BECAUSE OF BUG IN MM4 (and MM3?))
  • Add items to context menu of tree nodes (Menu_Pop_Tree) OK
  • Also support other fields like Mood, Occasion, ... OK
  • Sort values correctly OK
  • Use dictionary to link menu item id's to type/location instead of the menu item's Hint value OK
  • Indicate, by use of a different menu icon, that there is some valid value in the field (DEFERING TO LATER VERSION, SEE ABOVE)
  • Option to choose separator (default should be "; "), now it is ";" OK
  • More efficient way of getting the separate values from the db (ARRAYS SOMEWHAT FASTER THAN DICTIONARIES, NOT A PRIORITY)
  • Dockable panel with drop-down lists like eCustom (PROBABLY NOT)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Re: CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.1 [MM3+4]

Post by Steegy »

New version 1.0.1. Download on first post; see previous post for the changes.

Currently on to-do list:
  • Add items to toolbar for faster access (Menu_TbCategorize)
  • Ability to add custom icons
  • (Indicate, by use of a different toolbar/menu icon, that there is some valid value in the field)
  • Add Quality and Tempo fields
Please let me know if these are important to you, or if you have other requests.

BTW: If you have a better name for the script ...
Last edited by Steegy on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I just want to say thank you for this, Steegy.

I've used it a bit already and I'm sure I'll use it for moods sometimes now too.

I think the name is spot on.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Nice that you have added Mood and Occasion, I would like to put in my bid to add Quality and Tempo to the script. :wink:
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thank you for this other essential, "can't live without it" script!
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

A big, big thank you Steegy for your Custom Fields Tagger extension. Works like a charm, even sorts the fields alphabetically..

Keep up the good work,

Gracias, danke, thanks, merci, dankjewel!

charlieMOGUL
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

Wow, great script, looking for for this for a while. :D

I have one request thought. Could you add the <grouping> field too, please?

Greetz
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Nice to hear you like it :)

For now, you can add "Grouping" to the FieldList variable in the beginning of the CustomFieldsTagger.vbs script file yourself.

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

I tried to add the grouping field but then I get the following error:

"There was a problem querying the database: Error executing SQL "SELECT grouping FROM Songs GROUP BY grouping": no such column: grouping (1, 1)"
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I was going to say that you might need to use the name for the field used in the Database ("GroupDesc"), however using that results in:

Code: Select all

Error #438 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Tracks.Item(...).GroupDesc'
File: "C:\...\CustomFieldsTagger.vbs", Line: 0, Column: 0
:-?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Ouch... it's a field that has a different name in the database. So if Grouping works only in the database, and GroupDesc works only in the COM interface. Should've done my homework :oops: Will have to use different name lists in the future then... stay tuned.