Install Scripts in MM4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Install Scripts in MM4

Post by rrfpacker »

Just installed MM4 a couple of weeks ago and now I'm playing with it. I am running as administrator (do we still have to do that?) and trying to install scripts by double clicking on the mmip. Nothing happens. Did something change in how scripts are installed?
nynaevelan

Re: Install Scripts in MM4

Post by nynaevelan »

A little changed but not that would affect you double-clicking them, are you sure they are still mmip files? Now, they will in install in one of two places depending if you have the box checked (sorry forgot the exact wording of it). If it is checked the script will install in the /username/... roaming directory, if it is not checked the script will install in the program file where MM is installed. Be careful some of the older scripts need to be in the program file.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Over the years I've kept all the install packages, just in case one disappeared from the forum.

In the past, I've downloaded a new mmip to a folder called Installation Packages and double clicked from there. All worked fine in MM3. Where is the check you mention? I installed MM4 as portable and hopefully everything I need is on the portable hard drive. All I did was copy/paste all the mmip's to a folder called Installation Packages in the MM4 folder. Also, I downloaded some new ones today and they wouldn't install.

A little background, I still have MM3 installed and am using it 99.9% of the time. I'm playing with MM4 to see if I even want to upgrade to it and followed the instructions on how to do so. Is that my problem?.

So far I haven't seen or heard of anything that makes me think I need MM4 as I've seen many problems with scripts that won't work and I don't deal with video. Plus I'm a little concerned about upgrading to iTunes 10.5 and if I do I HAVE to upgrade to MM4.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I believe the Portable isn't registered to do so, but I'm not entirely sure as it seems to work here.

Try Tools > Extensions and now you can install MMIP's from there too. You can also drag & drop on the Player to install MMIP's.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Weird, a couple hours later installation is going fine.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Portable Install is giving me a hard time with file associations as well. I set it and audio files will open in MM3 instead, video files might or might not open in MM4. Not sure if the limitations of a Portable Install and system modifications is an issue here.