Cannot install Magic Nodes

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lewd

Cannot install Magic Nodes

Post by Lewd »

Did what was said, my MM doesn't seem to recognise MNodes at all...any ideas?? Lewd
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Not unless you give us some more information!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Just to make sure I understand what the problem is, did you try to create some nodes? Do you have a magic nodes section in your Edit menu? Are you sure the script is in the scripts/auto folder?

Post by Guest »

In Scripts-Auto I put the whole Magic Nodes script in the Text document.....thats it....nothing showed up new in my MM edit menu....ta..Lewd
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What did you save the text document as?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello

Just to speed things up:

You can download the needed file MagicNodes.1.3.vbs from http://students.washington.edu/~shmerki ... es.1.3.vbs.
Right-click on the link and click "Save link as..." and choose directory "scripts\auto" in your MediaMonkey program folder. This will probably be "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto".

Alternative: you can open the file and select everything (the pages of text), and save it to a simple text file (using notepad) "MagicNodes.1.3.vbs". Then copy that file to the same folder as mentioned above.

Make sure the file has the extension "vbs"!

After you have got the file in the right folder, close MediaMonkey (MM) if needed, and then start MM.
The script program will now be functional.

Cheers
Steegy
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well that would be the complete answer, but i was assuming you'd followed the installation instructions. Still having problems?
Lewd

Post by Lewd »

Let this go for quite a while cos I just couldn't be bothered. Decided to try again. My MM does not recognise Magic Nodes. Yes! I have a text file of MNs in the scripts/auto folder. Yes i have named it MagicNodes.1.3.vbs
Doesn't work. Simple. Yes reading almost anything on this website these days gives me a total headache.
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Maybe it's really named "MagicNodes.1.3.vbs.txt"?
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Yes MarineBrat may be right. Open Windows Explorer, go to Tools Folder Options. Deselect the "Hide extensions for Known file types"...

Post by Guest »

Did that. Nothing happened. Lewd
Guesti

Post by Guesti »

Lewd,

Download copy of file from MN website and save it to a folder on HD.

The file will be (about) 55kb and should display in Explorer with the standard vbs icon.

Now drag and drop it to the MM Scripts/Auto folder.

See if that works as a final attempt.

Otherwise........?