Is this possible ? (excluding tracks)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

brianon

Is this possible ? (excluding tracks)

Post by brianon »

Bad topic title I know but I was wondering if the following is possible....

I've quite a large library and I find all the last.fm scripts to be fantastic ways of (re)discovering music. The problem is that I normally listen to studio albums and much prefer these to appear in playlists over tracks from Greatest Hits. This is not so too bad but what happens is that quite often the track added to the playlist will be from a LIVE album.

I've setup Custom fields to contain the word 'live' & 'hits' and also used the comment field like this. These scripts don't care of course so I need to either a) hack one of them or b) backup my DB and remove all live/hits albums. Generate my playlists and then put back the original DB.

Plan b) is ... what I plan :) but it's not ideal and will be a pain each time I think of a new artist/seed for a playlist.

Any other ideas ?
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum
Lowlander

Re: Is this possible ? (excluding tracks)

Post by Lowlander »

Which scripts?
brianon

Re: Is this possible ? (excluding tracks)

Post by brianon »

ScrobbleDJ, Last.fm node and similar artists scripts anyways. Would be great to be able to specify a priority. So if the script dinis 3 tracks for say "pulp - common people" it picks the one where custom1='studio' first. If that doesn't exist then look for custom1='hits' and if still nothing. Then take whatever is left.