Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

It's not a problem trix, the files were easily enough gotten again from your site. ;)

I will use an empty folder but that still doesn't solve the error problem, does it?

Will check on that now.

Edit: Woohoo! That fixed the problem. No error when the output folder is empty! Thanks Trix. :D

Maybe a check of the output folder and a warning should be included in the script?
Last edited by Vyper on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The next version already handles the cleanup much better so existing files should no longer cause the errors that you were getting. I'm also going to put a warning message in the new browse button for the output path if the folder is already populated.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Cool. Thanks again for another great script. :D
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

trixmoto wrote:The next version already handles the cleanup much better so existing files should no longer cause the errors that you were getting. I'm also going to put a warning message in the new browse button for the output path if the folder is already populated.
It sounds like you've already figured out the issue, but I will confirm that clearing out the backup folder will prevent the error and allow the script to run.

Tho upon running again, the error returns.

I assume (but have not tested) it is that I have some other sub folders under both scripts and auto that backup may not be expecting to exist after they get copied to the backup folder.

Specifically I have:

\scripts

\scripts\auto
\scripts\auto\artwork
\scripts\auto\prettypictures\
\scripts\auto\prettypictures\cache
\scripts\auto\tweakmonkey\
\scripts\auto\tweakmonkey\icons

\scripts\detailedinfofiles
\scripts\monkeyrok
\scripts\monkeyrok\scriptaculous (and several sub folders)
\scripts\monkeyrock\skins (and several subfolders)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.8.) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed errors when trying to cleanup previous backup
- Added browse button for output path with warning if folder contains files

Try this one - hopefully you won't get any more errors! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

3.8 works perfiktly! 8)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Great news! :D
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Yup. Perfecto! Image

Thanks Trix! :D
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Trix,

Two issues with the backup script when used with MM3.

1) The result dialog states "MDB file copied successfully", but in MM3 it's a "DB file".

2) The DB file is not included in the ZIP file.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll flag it as MM2 only until I get this resolved. Thanks for letting me know! :)
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

You're welcome. I tried hacking the 3 scripts and changing any instance of MediaMonkey.MDB with MediaMonkey.DB, but it didn't fix it. Back when I was a daily coder, I was coding in Delphi/Pascal. VBS seems so alien to me. :)
SoCalSwami

noobie to MM and LOV'N IT!

Post by SoCalSwami »

Hello to all from a long time music lover, and recent MM convert. You have established an excellent forum, lots of good info. Thanks to all for the great contributions.

trixmoto, Great Script!

While this may seem presumptions of me to ask, or just the ramblings of another un-informed noobie, but...

Could you add a toggle button on Backup setup window to disable the Backup Complete information window for a "good" save. I would like to see a message if an error occures, but none if the save was good. I love using the "good" save message box on installation, but with each use, the integrity of your work shines brighter [grinning to cover gross use of flattery].

Thanks,
SoCalSwami
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.9) now available to download from my website. There are now extra warning messages before deleting any folders from your computer. This should stop an accidental deletion of folders.

@SoCalSwami - thanks, I'm glad you like the script. I'd already posted this version on my website before I read your request, but I've added it to my list so should make it into the next version! :)
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Just installed and ran it and it worked beautifully. :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.0) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to control whether the output path is cleaned up or not
- Added option to control whether the confirmation screen shows or not

This should provide greater flexibility! :)