Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ah yes, if it can't find a suitable album then it will select a random track from your album ignoring the settings, just to keep it going. Try making your settings a little less restrictive.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.1) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed album is not remembered between sessions
- Fixed error occurs if memory is corrupted
- Added option to ignore albums without a name
- Added button to clear current album

Please note that these changes only apply to MM3 - for MM2 the code has not changed.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

Won't work, getting error:

Code: Select all

Error #13 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error 
Type mismatch: 'CLng' 
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\AutoAlbumDJ3.vbs", Line: 588, Column: 8
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My fix to the previous error you were getting has not worked then - I'll have to try something else! :-?
Davo

Post by Davo »

Ah yes, if it can't find a suitable album then it will select a random track from your album ignoring the settings, just to keep it going. Try making your settings a little less restrictive.
Trixmoto - Thanks for the info, I've rechecked my settings - i have both "rating" values set to unknown; Min no of tracks to 4; memory slots = 10. What i can't understand is when there are clearly enough albums available why random tracks are interposed between the AutoAlbum selections. Any clues will be appreciated.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you check the "debug" mode (which is on the main AutoDJ settings screen) then the logfile should give some clues as to what's going on.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed error when memory capacity is reached
- Fixed locale issue with average rating

Please note that these changes only apply to MM3 - for MM2 the code has not changed.
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

still getting error:

Error #13 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error 
Type mismatch: 'tot' 
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\AutoAlbumDJ3.vbs", Line: 599, Column: 12
logfile:

[GenerateNewTrack]
MinTracks = 5
AvgRating = -1
MinRating = -1
Capacity  = 10
Attempts  = 100
TheGenre  = 
Mode3f1   = False
MaxTracks = 999
Unplayed  = True
Earliest  = 
MaxDays   = 9999
AvgPlays  = 999
IgnoreNon = False
min(id)   = 1
max(id)   = 8529
tot(id)   = 3401
3770 has 0 tracks above minimum rating (too few)
1566 has 0 tracks above minimum rating (too few)
437 has 0 tracks above minimum rating (too few)
appreciate the effort though...
Davo

Post by Davo »

Trixmoto - Installed the new version (3.2) Now it all seems to work ok. Ran the debug log as you suggested - there's one part of the output that puzzles me.
1064 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
1020 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
511 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
415 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
316 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
1628 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
1885 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
894 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
1552 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
1833 has 0 tracks above minimum rating and matching genres (too few)
Adding track: Synchronicity II (5940)
Adding track: Tea in the Sahara (5944)
Adding track: Synchronicity I (5935)
1464 has been selected :)
Next track: Synchronicity II (5940)
Am i correct in assuming that the list of "0 tracks....... (too few)" represent the albums that don't pass the selection criteria. When i look at the whole log I notice that each time AutoAlbum goes through the album selection process the number of albums that fail varies. Whereas i would expect them to be the same because there's a finite no of albums in the library.

Thanks for your patience. I really like this application especially the 3/1 option which is how i tend to listen to albums. I was wondering if the 3/1 could be a variable. Then I could listen to the equivalent of one side of a record - say 5/1 - Sorry, showing my age here.

David
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@mohikaani - I just don't know how to continue now. I can't replicate this error message and I cannot understand what in your data is causing it. How big is your MM.DB file?

@Davo - it says "0 tracks" not "0 albums". Each line of the debug report starts with the selected album ID and then gives the reason why this album was not selected, until it finds one that matches and then it lists the tracks as they are added.
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

It's pretty large, almost 63 MB :o
Davo

Post by Davo »

Trixmoto - With respect i did assume that each line beginning with the ID number was an album. I was trying to understand why the number of albums not selected varied at each iteration of selection. Thinking about what you said i guess the reason is that the album search starts at a different point for each iteration. I think I previously assumed that the program did one pass at the start to isolate the non matching albums then selected progressively from the albums that matched the criteria.

David
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No, it just selects a random ID and continues to do so until a suitable album is found. The the number of failed attempts will be random.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed locale issue with average plays
- Added option to control "3-from-1" mode

Davo

Post by Davo »

Trixmoto - Just installed 3.3 Love the new variable "Mode? from 1"
One question on the setting - "Clear current album" Which album is this exactly & where is it being cleared from?

David