Scripting Functionality Thread (NO Script Requests Here!)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Fellow scripters/coders/...: Do you feel the need for a wishlist for enhanced scripting functionality?

You may select 1 option

View results

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@Trixmoto
I don't mean the MM dev's are working on it, I wanted to say that *someone* is working on it...
With the (global MediaMonkey) I mean that this wish is actually something for the wishlist forum.

ADDITION: Jiri responded just before me, on the previous page. Anyway, good news.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Definitely good news. What rough time frame are we looking at? (Obviously I don't expect you to have a particular date in mind!)

I think I'll finish the app. anyway so people can have a look and see what they think. Maybe that will help refine the design for the official version! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Just make sure we don't get 3 versions of the same kind of program :lol:
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
jiri

Post by jiri »

We plan to include it in MM 2.6. I think you can finish your application anyway, it might help until 2.6 is released...

Jiri
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Ok, in the scipting wishlist, Jiri said that a pair treenode menuitem will be possible in 2.5.2 (eg add a right click menu item only for palylists node)
is this implemented? Can anyone (Jiri) give an example of how to use it?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Do you mean this?
Events should also work with built-in tree nodes, or there should be some other way of making the tree context menu adaptable to the tree node that is right-clicked (e.g. show additional context menu items for certain nodes) (*)
It was more meant to let scripters add or overwrite the events for existing nodes. E.g., when you click the artist node, it will show all songs in the track view. The suggestion was to be able to modify this behaviour by a modified/added event, e.g. to show a browser pane or normal panel in the place of the track view, that shows the statistics about the artists, the top artists, ...
OR to make that the normal behaviour continuous (show all tracks), but you can programmaticly check if the node is the built-in artist node, and then change the context menu according to that. (e.g. add menu item "vote for this artist on last.fm"). (dynamic context menu's).
That's not possible yet.

It would make MM very adaptable, because once this feature is added, together with a feature to show a browser pane or normal docked panel instead of the tracks view, we could show things like "Today's playing suggestion, random quote, ..." on startup (when the "library" node is selected), we could add "browse by album-art" ourselves that shows up when the user clicks on the built-in albums node, ... More than enough very nice possibilities!!

Changing the event behaviour for custom added nodes is already possible, I think. So you can change the context menu on-the-fly for these nodes. (e.g. for a magic node, add an context menu item to "publish" it, but for another node, this item has to be cleared again)

As you understood it, a pair treenode menuitem would of course also be useful, but only allow a little part of the functionality above.
And maybe this would cause more overhead if you want a lot of these pairs (I know, not very probable...).

But maybe my idea's are toooo much programming work for the dev's or would take to much cpu power, I don't know.
Anyway, let's see what the devs say...

Cheers
Steegy
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Your ideas are all pretty good. I allready know about events for custom nodes.
The thing is that most ppl use the standard MM nodes and thus adding specific menu and enents for those nodes would be rally usefull.
E.g i have made a script that merges a playlist with its children. The option is under the right click tree menu. But currently this menu item shows up for every node type. I would like to make it spesific for the Playlists node.

BTW, i have started experimenting with the dockable panel element but couldnt go to far. I was able to show the panel, but after closing it i coulndt show it again unless MM was restarted. Has anyone made any progress on manipulating this object. It is a great addition for scripters but unfortunatelly, currently there is no documentation for it at all!!!!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Am I right if I say that adding album art to song tags isn't possible yet through normal MM scripting?
It's just that this feature would be handy for my tagging app (using mp3tag alike scripts).

Cheers
Steegy
jiri

Post by jiri »

This: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 6736#36736 should do what you need.

Jiri
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

:roll: :-? :oops: I tried that, but I changed the code to ItemStorage = 1...
What I was trying was to get the image directly in the tags (by giving the binary bits) without saving to file first. But saving as temp to file is no problem. It can be deleted afterwards.

OK, so ItemStorage = 0 means store image in tags and ItemStorage = 1 means store the location (link) in tags. I tried the second because that seems more logical (I tought it was a 0/1 boolean).
ItemStorage = 0 seems to do fine. Thanks.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, I'll upload updated documentation soon.

Jiri
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello

I would like that ".AddNew" for album art becomes a function, instead of a property like it is now.

I have 2 reasons for this:
- logic: reading a property should only give a value, but shouldn't change anything (like adding a new album art item to the list)
- problems with this behaviour through COM (at least while debugging).
Newer programming languages peek properties while debugging and while doing "reflection", so every time this happens a new album art item is created... :-? :-?

This change wouldn't change anything for the normal scripts anyway.

Cheers
Steegy
Argy

Scripting wishlist

Post by Argy »

First, I am a newbie to this forum, and scripting of MM in general, so apologies if I miss the mark with this.

I currently have a music collection of > 30G, and an MP3 player with 20G capacity. What I would love to be able to do is transfer randomly selected files to the player, but up to a predefined limit (say 15G worth of files).

Is this possible?
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

@Argy
Wrong Topic :wink:
Create an Auto-Playlist with shuffle order and max 15GB and sync the playlist with your player.
Argy

Post by Argy »

onkel_enno,

(Embarrassed) thanks...