Scripting Functionality Thread (NO Script Requests Here!)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Fellow scripters/coders/...: Do you feel the need for a wishlist for enhanced scripting functionality?

You may select 1 option

View results

Steegy

Scripting Functionality Thread (NO Script Requests Here!)

Post by Steegy »

Fellow scripters/coders/...:

The "Scripting Functionality Wishlist" has been added to the Scripts and Components forum: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7978

You can post your scripting functionality wishes here (in the current topic), as also your comments about the wishlist itself.

Please, before posting scripting ideas, wishes, ..., check that they're not already on the wishlist and that they're not posted here.
Of course, improvements to current proposals are also very welcome.

This topic is meant for "scripting functionality" only, so please don't ask for scripts or other general wishes that you might have with the program. This will help to keep it clean.

Cheers
Steegy
Last edited by Steegy on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'd love to be able to access the tree menus better. For example, add a menu item to the popup menu for each album in the albums node.

Great idea Steegy! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

I also want 2 features....
I want to be able to Turn On/Off the AutoDJ and Shufle from scripts.
Also, regarding the tree, a GetParentNode method will be very usefful.
That is for now, but i am sure that i will come up with other ideas
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

And another wish, accessing the webnode: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7966
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I added the "Scripting Functionality Wishlist" to the Scripts And Components forum.
:) Thanks to psyxonova for waiting for me and locking/stickying it so kindly!

If you have comments on the way the wishes are presented, please let us know.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
jiri

Post by jiri »

I added comments to the wishlist, most features will appear in MM 2.5.2.

Jiri
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Jiri,

Thank you *very* much for commenting on these wishes so fast!

And thank you for the corrections you made. I'm sure this will be less necessary in the future because wishes will be posted here on this topic first (and receive comments if necessary) before they will be added to the wishlist topic.
Psyxonova told me I could send him the things that should be added to the wishlist, but of course you, Rusty, Psyxonova or Onkel_enno can do it directly (and you guys certainly have better experience in scripting).

About some comments you made:

::SDBUIDropDown: property Editable That's right; it works the same way as c# does.

::ISDBApplication: New event: OnTrackRipped(filepath to last ripped track, and it's SongData object)
The intention of this event was that when a track has been ripped from a cd, the created wav file (if set in the options, or if SaveLastRippedTrack is set to True) could be copied through a script to another location (while MM is using it to convert the format) if people want to keep some of their ripped tracks as backup in wav format. The idea came from http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7221
Will the new event support this? Anyway, it's just a wish. If it's not interesting enough well... then it isn't.
New event: OnTrackChange(PreviousTrack (SongData), NewTrack (SongData)) Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking of an event that fires when the player changes from one song to another. (it doesn't fire if the same song starts over again). Maybe this behaviour can be simulated by the onPlay event (remember what the previous track was and compare it with the new one)

::ISDBSongData: UpdateDB should also update the file path in the library You are so right :oops:

::ISDBTree: PreviousNode & PreviousSiblingNode These already work great in MM. I mistakenly added them because I made a error-catching interface for them and forgot that the methods themself already existed. The ParentNode property will make the error-catching workaround unneccesary :).

Maybe the wishes that are useless should be deleted from the wishlist for clarity.

Cheers
Steegy (hopingididntpostanythingstupidnow)
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, the only thing that needs to be commented:

Yes, OnTrackConverted is called also for ripping (as a special case of conversion).

Jiri
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Maybe it's possible already and I don't know it but TracksWindows.Clear would be helpful.
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

Is there already a script for hiding nodes? I don't use most of the nodes and so don't want to see them.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@abrazor

Please don't post any script requests or other things here. This post is meant for wishes and comments on MediaMonkey scripting functionality and it's wishlist. In that way, we can keep it a little bit clean here.

Regarding your question:

You can use an autostart script like:

Code: Select all

Sub OnStartup 

SDB.MainTree.Node_Library.Visible = False 
  SDB.MainTree.Node_MyComputer.Visible = False 

End Sub
This code hides the Library and My Computer nodes when MediaMonkey starts. You can easily change/add nodes to hide.

Cheers
Steegy
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

Sorry Steegy, :oops: and thanks for the help.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I've not double checked the wishlist, but this wasn't on here before.

Adding images to the library! That would be very useful! :)
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

I second Trix's wish!!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That would of course include the ability to create new SDBImage types so we can convert and resize images!

Cheers! :)