Scripting Functionality Thread (NO Script Requests Here!)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Fellow scripters/coders/...: Do you feel the need for a wishlist for enhanced scripting functionality?

You may select 1 option

View results

tj_junk

Request: New MM options; enhancments for CFileDialog for art

Post by tj_junk »

(I intended on posting this request here, but I hit the wrong button...)

Please see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... highlight= regarding a couple of simple requests that would help users add album art tags.
tj_junk

Additional event handling for the SDB controls

Post by tj_junk »

I would greatly appreciate additional event handling capabilities for the SDB.UI controls. (OnEnter, OnGotFocus, OnSelect, OnLeave, OnLoseFocus, etc)

(see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... torder=asc)
Bex

Post by Bex »

I would like to be able to add Drives and Folders to an option sheet,
just as the way FileMonitor does it. I'm sure others want this function as well!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, access to a grid widget like this would be very useful to me too! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Risser

Post by Risser »

This may already exist, but I'd like to be able to create a playlist node, not just a regular track list node. I have some scripts that create nodes with a randomized list of tracks (RadioFreeMonkey) and these will automatically sort if I've already sorted on something recently.

Anyway...
Peter
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Some questions:

How is this used?
> ISDBApplication::RegisterIconHandle

When exactly do we need this? When exactly does it return True?
> ISDBApplication::IsRunning

Wouldn't it be better to use an argument array for the parameters, instead of the fixed 3 parameters (similar to the MessageBox parameters)?
> ISDBApplication::Format
> ISDBApplication::LocalizedFormat
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
jiri

Post by jiri »

How is this used?
> ISDBApplication::RegisterIconHandle

When exactly do we need this? When exactly does it return True?
> ISDBApplication::IsRunning
I added some comments to Wiki.
Wouldn't it be better to use an argument array for the parameters, instead of the fixed 3 parameters (similar to the MessageBox parameters)?
> ISDBApplication::Format
> ISDBApplication::LocalizedFormat
Generally speaking yes, but I was afraid that the way used in MessageBox isn't suitable for all cases, e.g. afaik JScript has problems with this kind of syntax.

Jiri
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Sorry in advance if this is an already known wish.

A OnBeforePlay(long, long, int) : bool event (with return value) could be handy.

Raise conditions:
The event would be raised when manually (on user input) or automatically (by normal playing, a script, Auto-DJ, ...) a song is chosen to start playing, but before the actual play instruction (command to the player, and "bolding" of the track's entry) is given.

Event handler parameters:
- long: NP track index of previously playing track (-1 is playback just started)
- long: NP track index of planned-to-play track (track that has been chosen to start playing)
- int: value indicating the way the event was initiated (manually or automatically)

Event handler return value (bool):
- True means continue playing
- False means stop after current song (don't play the planned next song)

Possible uses:
- set the volume prior to starting playback
- see if the song may be played and if not e.g. play the next track in NP
- repeat the same song over and over (e.g. when shuffle is on with several songs in the NP)
- custom "shuffle" script (chose the next song by changing the given method parameter)
- stop playing songs when a specific track is encountered
- "stop after current song"
- play jingles between songs
- add pauses between songs

Why the need for a return value: False would let the current playback finish (e.g. when prebuffering is on - this event is called before the previous song stopped playing), while SDB.Player.Stop should stop playback in the normal way (e.g. stop playback even if the previous song was still playing, when prebuffering is on).

Why the "the way the event was initiated" is important: a script could choose to disable playing certain songs (when they are automatically chosen), but it would let the player play these songs if they were explicitly chosen by the user (manually)

This is a long text, but I wanted to make my idea clear. I don't even know if this is a possible thing to do, but if it is, it could be interesting.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
steelydan

Post by steelydan »

If possible:

I have many live songs in my library that aren't tagged as live. Anyway to create a script that could analyze a song and determine whether or not it is live? Sounds a bit far-fetched, but I have seen many impressive scripts here and do not doubt the abilities of the coders.

Thank you in advanced.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@steelydan - this thread is for scripters to post their wishes, not for script requests. It's also not possible for a script to know whether a track is live or not.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

nfo panel

Post by Guest »

I would like to see a script which would give me a panel in which the " nfo " file is displayed , i am using MM for audiobooks , the nfo usually gives relevant info about the book.

Cheers ,Lin
Vyper

Re: nfo panel

Post by Vyper »

Anonymous wrote:I would like to see a script which would give me a panel in which the " nfo " file is displayed , i am using MM for audiobooks , the nfo usually gives relevant info about the book.

Cheers ,Lin
trixmoto wrote:this thread is for scripters to post their wishes, not for script requests.
Stop Button Freak

Re: nfo panel

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:this thread is for scripters to post their wishes, not for script requests.
[/quote]

Sorry ,i wasn't aware of this ,got confused by the name "Scripting Functionality Wishlist " didn't read the first post.

Lin
'
darchangel

Post by darchangel »

Events, events, events. I'm a very spoiled .NET programmer. In .NET there are events for everything conceivable. Many times even events for BeforeX and AfterX also. In writing my 1st MM app, I've found myself in want of such events as: OnClick for the shuffle button, OnClick for the repeat button, OnChanged for now playing tracklist (when items have been moved), OnAdd for now playing tracklist, OnRemove for now playing tracklist. It would also be nice if OnPlay were separated out to when play first occurred vs when it's simply a new track which has started playing.

All that said: I'm a long time MM user and a long time dev'er, but a newcomer to MM dev'ing. Despite a lack of events, I've found the API, the community, and the documentation to be superb, even though I'm doing it in .NET (C#) and it's meant for vb script. Kudos to all who have made this possible. Writing my 1st MM app has been a pleasure and if I find some where to host a zip, I'll be glad to share it with anyone interested when it's complete.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

I would like an event which is run when a user "starts" dragging a track from the trackview.

thanks,
Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.