StreamsTreeNode: Library subnode for your favourite streams

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hmmm... it is not problem in input plugins rather than structure of plugins itself. Each input plugin return MM what File types it can play. In some you can set it inside configuration of plugin (Winamps in_mp3.dll) and after that MM use first one that can play that particular file type and this is where problem (if we put it that way) occurs. I'm not 100% sure but I also thing that same thing is happening with Winamp (althru I didn't test it recently).
I have experimented with additional checking for input plugins but have not found any stable non bloated solution that will satisfy both speed and functionality.

I'm trying to figure that out the best way as I also wanna for example use in_123mpg for MP3 playback and n_mp3PRO for MP3Pro and in_mp3 (winamps) for AAC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Cool Peke!
I hope you find a workable solution for this.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Peke

Post by Peke »

This is noted thing but if you agree it is more than annoying than a bug?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Don't feel obligated to do anything Peke. This certainly isn't a bug.
Hopefully this problem will partially solve itself in the future, as mp3pro will vanish.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Bex

Post by Bex »

^What Steegy said.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
ZRX 1100

Post by ZRX 1100 »

Hi. I got the streams tree node, but when I click on a genre or station etc., it seems to do no more than restart the last music file I played. Now, all I did was dl, open and use the install wizard. Is there some step I missed? I am very new to using MM, and wanted to see if I could get it to play net radio. Thanks for any help. MM is great, plays many files that won't work on other players. :D
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Well, look at your now playing list and you'll see how the script works.

StreamsTreeNode should add an entry (the stream) in front of the list, and start playing it. If MM can't play the entry (stream), it will ignore it (flag it unreadable, in gray color) and start the next entry in the now playing list (in this case your previously playing song).

So I think that MM can't play the stream you want it to play, and so continues with the next song in the now playing list.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest »

Steegy wrote:Well, look at your now playing list and you'll see how the script works.

StreamsTreeNode should add an entry (the stream) in front of the list, and start playing it. If MM can't play the entry (stream), it will ignore it (flag it unreadable, in gray color) and start the next entry in the now playing list (in this case your previously playing song).

So I think that MM can't play the stream you want it to play, and so continues with the next song in the now playing list.
Okay,thanks. Is there a reason MM can't play the streams?
ZRX 1100

Post by ZRX 1100 »

Anonymous wrote:
Steegy wrote:Well, look at your now playing list and you'll see how the script works.

Okay,thanks. Is there a reason MM can't play the streams?
Forgot to log in, it's me asking. :D
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

There can be several reasons:
- stream doesn't exist, is down or has connection problems
- stream is in a music format that's not supported by MM (or for which you need an extra plugin; like for aac streams)
- just general MM stream playing problem

Anyway, MM 3.0 will have improved support for streams and will have built-in AAC (aac, mp4, m4a, ...) support.

Post by Guest »

cherryplinth wrote:Thank you so much, Steegy. Your complete listing of input dll's did the trick. The one thing I would add to your instructions is to be sure to get the latest version of MM. I had not updated my version since last summer, and even with your new dll's, I still could not get the AAC streams to play. But as soon as I updated MM to version 2.5.4.978, everything works like a charm. Now I have to figure out how to get Real streams to play using the Tara plug-in.

I think your posting above is going to get a lot of views.
cherryplinth

Post by cherryplinth »

Any idea on how to edit the StreamsTreeNode.VBS file in Vista? I would like to edit the file so I can display some new stations on the tree, but Vista won't let me edit/save the file - even if I am Running As Administrator.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Opening it in any text editor, e.g. Notepad, should do the trick. As I don't use Vista yet, I can't give you any more info.
cherryplinth

Post by cherryplinth »

I think Vista is trying to make it difficult to make changes in the program files directory. Notepad will let me edit the StreamsTreeNode.vbs file, but when I go to save the file (Running As Administrator) I get the following:

"Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Media Monkey3\Scripts\Auto\StreamsTree Node.vbs file".

In fact, if I just open and save the StreamsTreeNode file in Notepad, I get the same error message. Vista seemed to be happy letting me install the StreamsTreeNode script, but it does not seem to want me to make changes to the script. Strange.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

cherryplinth-
When I edit a script with notepad w/vista I have to save it to my desktop, then move it to the script folder and replace previous script.
However, if I use "TextPad" to edit it allows me to save it directly to the folder.
Cannot explain this behavior, but one of these solutions should work for you.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...