Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, at the moment this script only moves images which are tagged as links into the tracks themselves, and vice versa. It does not find images to tag tracks with. Maybe in the next version! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
heinimuecki

Post by heinimuecki »

ah good to know. so at least i can be shure i didn't something wrong :)

thanks
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I have been giving this script a good work over in the last 2-3 days and have some suggestions first then what I eventually ended up doing.

It is very powerful but easy to get it wrong so I would like to see some form of confirmation:

You are about to do this (put images into tags from ...My Pictures\) to 9000 tracks:
e.g. (first selected track) From ...My Pictures\temp album art\albumname.jpg
to ...My Music\artist\album\firsttrackname.mp3
<Continue> <Cancel>

A chance to double check the mask that you entered is what you really want.

What I started with:
My Music\<Album Artist>\<Album Name>\Folder.jpg (WMP default)

Both extracts did not update picture path and the original Folder.jpg remains.

First Extract (Retain original size):
My Pictures\My Music Original\<Album Artists>\<Album Name>\Album Name.jpg

Second Extract (Resize to 200 x 200):
My Pictures\My Music\<Album Artists>\<Album Name>\Album Name.jpg

(Haven't done this yet)
Put all 200 x 200 versions into the tags of the tracks.

Check that all is good -> delete all the My Music\<Album Artist>\<Album Name>\Folder.jpgs

After this I can set Autotag from amazon to the default (never ask) of My Music\<Album Artist>\<Album Name>\Album Name.jpg

And run the modified script to do all the steps 1-3, maybe 4 as well anytime after a session of adding/updating album art.

This also lets me uncheck the album art in amazon if I already have the art (already converted to 200 x 200)

I think this is going to work really well.

Comments, suggestions, foreseeable problems welcome.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I will certainly add a confirmation screen to the next version of this script, along with the ability to resize during the copy.

@MoDementia - your steps 1-3 seem like they will be easily adapted from this version (or the next if you want to wait for the resizing) and step 4 could be added as well. Obviously I won't do this as it's very custom, but it should be relatively straight forward for you to modify the script for your process.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.0) is a complete rewrite! Changes include:

- Moved processes to dropdown with a single button
- Fixed process 2 (File -> Tag) now uses mask
- Added confirmation screen before any changes are made
- Added <*> and <file> fields to mask
- Added option for storage location when tagging
- Added width and height filters
- Added process 4 to extract artwork and resize external image
- Added process 5 to remove artwork not matching storage
- Added process 6 to remove artwork not matching size

You can download the new version from my website. Please test with a small number of files first to ensure your mask and other options are as you require.

Post by Guest »

Which web servers are used to collect covers ? Amazon.com only or amazon.fr too ?
Can we change servers ?

Thx ans sorry for my english
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This program does not download artwork, it allows you to rearrange your current artwork.
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Trixmoto,

I have all my music files in a single folder and with the help of your google art finder script I was able to find art for all my files.

Now I have a folder with all my music and a lot of art files in the same folder. I would like to have all my art embedded in the tag.

It sounds like your script can do this, but I do not know which files do not have art embedded already and which have their art linked to an image file.

Do you or any others have any suggestions on how to have all my album art embedded in the mp3 so that I can then delete all the image files?

Thanks.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well if you use my script to embed all the artwork, it will only be able to embed ones which are external. Then you will be able to delete all the external images.
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

trixmoto wrote:Well if you use my script to embed all the artwork, it will only be able to embed ones which are external. Then you will be able to delete all the external images.
Thanks for the reply -
If an image has a link to an external image, after using your script to embed it - will there then by two images associated with that track?

If so, if I then delete the external images will the tracks get updated with only the embedded image?
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

A_Disciple wrote:Trixmoto,

I have all my music files in a single folder and with the help of your google art finder script I was able to find art for all my files.

Now I have a folder with all my music and a lot of art files in the same folder. I would like to have all my art embedded in the tag.

It sounds like your script can do this, but I do not know which files do not have art embedded already and which have their art linked to an image file.

Do you or any others have any suggestions on how to have all my album art embedded in the mp3 so that I can then delete all the image files?

Thanks.
You could also Install MagicNodes & use "Covers\<cover storage>", it'll create a node, then inside it will have it broken up between Unknown, Tag & External, I do believe. Then you could just select all the ones in the External Node, Imbed using Trixmoto's fine script, deleted the uneeded image files and you'd be set.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes there will be two copies, the internal and the external image. You can then use a different process in this script to delete all the links to external images (not sure which option, but it's something like delete images not of storage type).
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Got it figured out thanks for the help guys! :lol:
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

trixmoto wrote:Now all the images are extracted from the track, not just the first.
Anyway to alter this, so it only exports "Cover (Front)" as I embed the covers manually & then use your script to export out to folder.jpg so the cover will show for the folder in Thumbnail view, but I personally have no need for Backs, CDs, Leaflets. etc to also be exported.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

It would be nice if when selecting Option 1 (extract artwork from tag to mask), that there would be an option to delete the original file. It would only delete if the photo was green. :)

Alos, when selecting this option, my photos are changed in compression. That should be an option too. I don't want my pics changed in anyway.

Thanks!