Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks. I found the bug in the program, it was adding a blank image if no image was found to add. This will not happen in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
smiller

Post by smiller »

Thanks. But curious as to why no image file was found... there was an image file (called 'folder.jpg') in the same directory as the target track. Why would this file not be found?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Due to Hidden+Read Only+System File Flag Possibly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
smiller

Post by smiller »

> Due to Hidden+Read Only+System File Flag Possibly.

Good thought, but I just checked and there are no file attribute flags set for this file (well, except archive, but that shouldn't matter.)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try to load that jpg in Notepad and check if it contains "JFIF" in some of first few bytes to be sure if it is JPG 100%?

If all is OK I'm out of ideas :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
teemac

AlbumArtTagger debug results

Post by teemac »

trixmoto - I have been sick for a few days and only just back on my feet.

I have emailed you (gmail a/c) the full sequence and screen captures of the debug version of your script.

Hope this helps you.

teemac (Australia)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

At the moment only "JPEG Image" files are allowed. Your images are "Paintshop Pro 8 Image" files. In the next version I will use file extension instead of image type, as no doubt other software stores their own name instead of the actual image type!
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
teemac

JPEG format

Post by teemac »

trixmoto - I don't understand why the "folder.jpg" is not a "JPEG" file as you suggest. The association in windows was set by me to open ".jpg" with Paint Shop Pro. It is not Paint Shop Pro's own proprietry format (.psp).

Also 5 other graphics programs all recognise the file "folder.jpg" as a .jpg (which also includes - jpeg/jfif/jpe) graphics format file.

I also have 17 other graphics formats associated with PSP8 and they will all now show as "Paint Shop Pro 8 Image" whenever I hover over them - they also show this way in Windows Explorer in the file type column.

Just for a test I re-associated all .jpg files with MS Paint and downloaded a new cover and saved it as "folder.jpg" - the script errors now show "MS Paint File" instead of the PaintShop file type. Any graphics program will change the pop up to whatever program has the .jpg association assigned to it.

The file format is not the problem I don't think - as the file "folder.jpg" is definitely .jpg graphics format.

Any other suggestions.

thanks - teemac
smiller

Post by smiller »

I guess I have the same question as teemac... why would the Windows file association matter? This only determines the default application used to open a file and doesn't have any effect on the file itself. The image files that I am using are all standard jpeg, but they don't seem to work with the script(?)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.1) is now fixed so all jpg images will work, and blank entries should not be created.

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
smiller

Post by smiller »

Just tried again with the same file that was causing the fault before and everything works perfectly now... thanks!

One more question... when the image file is added to a track the 'Image Type' field shows as 'Not Specified'. Is there a way to set the default image type to the commonly used 'Cover (front)' descriptor instead of 'Not Specified'?

Note that I'm not talking about the text in the 'Description' field, I can see how to change that, I'm referring to the 'Image Type' field.

Thanks again,
teemac

AlbumArtTagger 2.1 working

Post by teemac »

trixmoto - Thanks for all your hard work and for v2.1 - it now is adding the image to the mp3 files OK.

After running the script, I delete the "folder.jpg" file from the album folder, rescanning the test folder, monkey does not show album art (from the file that the script has added art to) when either "now playing" or "selected" is chosen as art viewing method. Tag&Rename confirms art is present, but monkey won't show it.

Can monkey show art from the tag or does "folder.jpg" need to stay in the album folder? I need to do some more research on this.

Thanks anyway for your skills in solving the problem.

teemac (Australia)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@smiller - line 181 is commented out...

Code: Select all

'      img.ItemType = 5
...if you remove the comment ('), I believe 5 is correct for Cover (Front).

@teemac - MM should display the artwork if it is correctly in the tags without needing an external image. I'll have a check to make sure it's not something I've missed, but maybe sending a debug log to the MM team would highlight why this is not working.

Glad you like the script. :)
smiller

Post by smiller »

trixmoto wrote:@smiller - line 181 is commented out...

Code: Select all

'      img.ItemType = 5
...if you remove the comment ('), I believe 5 is correct for Cover (Front).
Ah! Don't know how I missed that. Cover (front) is item type 3 BTW.

Thanks again for your effort, I am finding it very handy for a few tasks I have been needing to get around to... great job...
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

Hi T...love the script. Had a few thoughts:

1. Is there anyway to have the script use the Artist if there is no Album artist?

2. Is there a way to have the script use the Title if there is no Album name? I have quite a few singles with no Album Artist or the Album name.

3. Is there a way to have all the additional artwork (if the Track has multiple artworks) copied as well? Perhaps number the extra ones.

Thanks!