Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

These are good suggestions and they will make it into the next version. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I am getting:

error 424 ms vbscript runtime error
object required "out"
albumarttagger.vbs, line 142, column 8

Ironically, this happens with files that album art DOES show up without errors in MM.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well this is the line which saves the image, so I'd have to say it's probably a related issue. It's not a bug with the script. Possibly with SDBImage method WriteData, but I'd say that was unlikely.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.2) has an added option to clear the images from the tags. It also stores the mask in the INI file which will override the hardcoded value. Now all the images are extracted from the track, not just the first.

:o NEW VERSION BELOW :o
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.3) can be downloaded from my website (with a fixed installer).

It now corrects filenames using standard settings, and adds artwork as type "Cover (Front)".
FunkyMonk

multiple tags possible?

Post by FunkyMonk »

Hey guys... am I missing something or will this script not allow you to do multiple files at once?.. it works fine if I just select one file, but if i select several (like all the song in one album) it will give me an empty tag (like several people had with the earlier versions).. i'm using v2.3 btw..
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

All the code does is loop through the selected tracks adding the artwork. If you add the artwork to only one track, then it just goes through the loop once. Selecting many tracks from the same album will loop through all the tracks. I don't understand why this is not working for you.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.4) can be downloaded from my website.

The bug with correcting filenames has been fixed.

BTW - for those who want to move images from a common folder to the album folders, or vice versa, can already do this using this script. Just enter the path that you want the tracks to go (<path> for the album path or the full path of the common folder, ie. C:\images\" and click Tags -> Files.
MarS

Post by MarS »

`trixmoto`,

Similarly, when trying to extract the images from tags I get

Code: Select all

Error #424 - Microsoft VBscript runtime error 
object required 'out' 
AlbumArtTagger.vbs, line 181, column 8
Thanks

P.S. A general, "Thanks!" for all your scripts... they saved me a lot of time
leotoni

Solves problem with Windows Media Center Edition

Post by leotoni »

Windows Media Center Edition would not display the album art in the My Music | Albums view. Apparently, it cannot read all the album art I saved in the files' tags using the Auto Tag From Amazon feature in MediaMonkey.

This script allowed me to export all the images in the tags to files within the albums' folders, and now Media Center Edition beautifully displays all album art.

All I had to do was to set the script output mask to <path>\Folder and click Tag > File.

The only thing I could not understand is why the script tries to tag the tracks after I exported the album art image from the very tag... This is my suggestion for a minor enhancement.

Anyway, thanks a lot for developing this. It was a big help!
MarS

Post by MarS »

trixmoto wrote:New version (2.4) can be downloaded from my website.

The bug with correcting filenames has been fixed.
Funny, I must have been getting it as you were uploading the new version and I still got 2.3. Today I got 2.4 and it all works. Thanks! You are a lifesaver... editing 2000+ files by hand was out of the question. :o
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@leotoni - the script updates the tags which the location of the file that has been exported. This is important if you later decide to remove the image from within the tags themselves.

@MarS - yes, version 2.4 fixes the problem you were having. I'm glad this script is now working for you.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi trixmoto,
great script! :)

What I want to do:
At the moment all music files have embedded album art. But now I want my library to use external arts (folder.jpg), which mostly already exist. So the script only has to extract the art if there's no album art, to delete the embedded art and use the external folder.jpg as instead. Is that possible with this script?

I tried "Tag->File" (<path>\folder) and then "Clear tag"but MediaMonkey didn't recognised the "new" external image.

And unfortunately I also got an out error ehwn I tried to process the whole library.

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The "out" error is to do with invalid characters. Many of my scripts are suffering from this at the moment so I am trying to find a fix.

Your method should work. When you extract the art the image location should be updated so the "new" art should show. And removing the tagged art should finish it off as you want.

I will do some more testing on this script to see if I can find out why you're not getting the expected results.
heinimuecki

Post by heinimuecki »

i just downloaded the album art tagger script v2.4
and tried to tag my mp3s with album art. i want to store them inside the tag.

i have an input folder where i have a collection of single files.
each of them has a corresponding art file as jpeg which has exactly the same name except the extension

e.g.
Artist - Title.mp3
Artist - Title.jpg

now when i try to tag the mp3 with the album art i always get all the album art stored in each mp3
isn't it possible to use that script when all the jpegs and the mp3s are stored in one folder?
or am i doing something wrong?