Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the size change needs to create a new physical image, that's why it's easily done on the export. To import you'd need to first create a copy of the image, and then import the copy. This would require extra settings (where to put the copy, etc) so I haven't done it.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
vilbs

Post by vilbs »

hey trixmoto - fantastic script! Really helped me a lot. However one small question I would really like the script to put all my folder.jpg images into the tag but only if there isnt a cover tag already there. Is that easily doable - I basically dont want to create lots of duplicate images in my tags.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Many thanks again.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

At the moment there is no option for this. You'd need to select all your tracks which don't have artwork, and run the script just for them.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

Trix,

Flac 1.1.3 is out & supports pics now. Any support coming soon? :wink:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Does MM support these files? If so, then this script should.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

Urrrrr...not yet I don't think. OK, I'll redirect!
vilbs

Post by vilbs »

Excellent script - really great!

Thanks for the work.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Glad you like! :)
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I noticed earlier, that if you use this script to search for artwork to embed, and you use <album> for instance, and it has a ":" in it... the script looks for that exact name, with the :, but since : is an illegal character in Windows, it never finds the right thing. While, when exporting the artwork, it converts this character.

Might wanna look into that.
supes

Post by supes »

So the original post says that this does not resize the images. Is there a way that you can have it resize the images and then save them?

This script will help me in the sense that I need the images saved to files but I also need them re-sized and am getting annoyed by my current method of opening each image, re-sizing it, and then saving it and re-tagging the MP3's.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

supes wrote:So the original post says that this does not resize the images. Is there a way that you can have it resize the images and then save them?

This script will help me in the sense that I need the images saved to files but I also need them re-sized and am getting annoyed by my current method of opening each image, re-sizing it, and then saving it and re-tagging the MP3's.
If the artwork is in the MP3 or whatever, go to that MP3, open up Album Art Tagger and go to Function 4 and that should solve your problem.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The latest version does support resizing, check out process 4.

@Mizery_Made - sorry for the confusion but this is not an MM mask, it is one of my own. The top of the script tells you what fields are available...
<path> represents the location of the music file (album folder)
<artist> represents the album artist (or artist if no album artist)
<album> represents the album name (or track title if no album name)
<file> represents the filename of the track (not path)
<*> can be put on the end to mean all the images in the folder
<#> corresponds to the item number on the confirmation screen
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

trixmoto wrote:@Mizery_Made - sorry for the confusion but this is not an MM mask, it is one of my own. The top of the script tells you what fields are available...
<path> represents the location of the music file (album folder)
<artist> represents the album artist (or artist if no album artist)
<album> represents the album name (or track title if no album name)
<file> represents the filename of the track (not path)
<*> can be put on the end to mean all the images in the folder
<#> corresponds to the item number on the confirmation screen
Yeah, what I'm saying though is, if you use the mask "<artist> - <album>", and your running the script on an album such as "James Christos - Guerilla Movement: Fire And Brimstone"...

When Exporting the Artwork, your script will successfully conver the filename to "James Christos - Guerilla Movement- Fire And Brimstone" instead of trying to save the file with the "illegal" character ":"

While, when searching for a file in embed, the same album, same mask will search for the exact name. "James Christos - Guerilla Movement: Fire And Brimstone" and since a file can't be saved with ":" in the filename, it won't find anything.

Did that clear it up any? I find it hard to explain things at times, Lol.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I understand. I'll get this fixed for the next version.
supes

Post by supes »

trixmoto wrote:The latest version does support resizing, check out process 4.
[/quote]

After about 1/2 hour I realized I was using version 2.0 and could not find anything you mentioned (Function 4). Anyway, I got the current version and I couldnt be happier. No more MS paint for me :)

This works great! thanx man!