Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

The skip to lose a star and play to gain stars doesn't work for me. The initial rating for unplayed works but not up/downgrading. This is on mm3, newest alpha and windows xp.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Is that with the 'Test 2' script on the page before here?
As far as I know this 'Test2' script should do the stuff in MM3.
Been 'off music' lately so I haven't tested it much.
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Yup, test 2
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

I just left it assuming it'd be got around to eventually (no big rush).

But yes, even the test script is very inconsistant in terms of auto ratings.... Upon startup it usually seems to get one maybe two songs rated, then will not rate anything else until a restart of MM.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thanks for the input. Will have to figure out what that inconstancy could come from. Especially when MM3 reach beta stage.
matt

problems installing on Vista

Post by matt »

On Vista, the extra security does not allow you to simply double click the vbs file to install. Here are the steps to install:

- close MediaMonkey
- Start > Programs > Accessories
- Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- cd to the directory with the install
- run "cscript INSTALLNAME.vbs"
- Script will be installed. Start MediaMonkey

Otherwise you get a "Permission denied" error message.

I would suggest editing the first post of this thread and adding these comments to help anyone trying to use Vista.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you Matt,
I put it into first post. Had a trial of Vista last week, but I ended up in 'Driver Hell' so I'll leave it for now. ;)
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

So strange, auto rating works for windows vista but not windows xp on mm3 :-?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

wow that little film break you had diddeleedoo must have kicked you in to high gear?

you done gone and passed up Xp? :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I haven't used Alpha 4, and just now tried Alpha 5 and see timing of things are different. Makes the script miss the right song in the list. After just minutes with Alpha 5, I encounter a few flaws that doesn't really inspire to work on the script in this Alpha. Personally will uninstall MM3, and wait for Beta.

Takes a bit too much time to work out a working version for this alpha that might be different in a couple of weeks.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:I haven't used Alpha 4, and just now tried Alpha 5 and see timing of things are different. Makes the script miss the right song in the list. After just minutes with Alpha 5, I encounter a few flaws that doesn't really inspire to work on the script in this Alpha. Personally will uninstall MM3, and wait for Beta.

Takes a bit too much time to work out a working version for this alpha that might be different in a couple of weeks.
no problemo :)
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Not totally sure why this happens but it started rating songs if played all the way through as 4.5 stars on the first play. I have the default setting with repeat play enabled. It worked for quite awhile but all of a sudden started this up. Any ideas?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

spazz it just might not be diddeleedoo's code.

i have noticed mm 3 a 5 seems to do a lot of things not working and then start working or things change after some time.
i am begining to think it is picking up stuff from the registry hkeys for mm 2.
not sure on that but something seems to make things change after a while on the same mm 3 alpha version?

it could also be something from the latest updates from microsoft's os updates they just released last thrusday. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Actually I switched back to mm2.5, alphas aren't the problem
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

strange going back to the mm 2.5 ratings should still work. :-?