QNAP NAS Twonky Media Server

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

wolle

QNAP NAS Twonky Media Server

Post by wolle »

Hi,
I have a QNAP NAS with a Twonky Media Server listening on port 9000. What do I have to do that MM is able to play music from this Media Server ?

The Media Server also would be able to run as a iTunes Server would this maybe be better for MM than Twonky ?

Cheers Wolle
Peke

Re: QNAP NAS Twonky Media Server

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
wolle

Post by wolle »

Hey wow that's great :D It works pretty fine. So now I have to have a look how I'm able to setup playlists. The best would be to do this on the server, but that would now be off topic.

Thanks again,
Wolle
Peke

Post by Peke »

@wolle
Small question for you What exact model you have and what is your experience QNAP NAS because I'm thinking to buy one but I've never tested one like I tested NETGEAR ReadyNAS DUO and PRO?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
wolle

Post by wolle »

Peke wrote:@wolle
Small question for you What exact model you have and what is your experience QNAP NAS because I'm thinking to buy one but I've never tested one like I tested NETGEAR ReadyNAS DUO and PRO?
I have a SS-439 Pro. I bought it two weeks ago and I'm happy with it, but I'm still on moving from my old server to the new one and I did not yet test all. But for the moment I can say TOP.
rweten

Post by rweten »

Not sure if I've done something wrong but I'm not getting what I expected out of running the UPnP client script (V0.5).

Am running Twonky 5.0.68 on a ReadyNAS Duo and I would love to be able to browse the server and have content streamed to MM.

Having installed the script I can see a new item 'UPnP Servers' in the MM list, and I can identify the Twonky server and indeed the tree structure. But when I get down to the Album itself I'm not seeing it correctly; MM only sees the first track, there is no album art, and the track I can see won't actually play.

In case it's anything to do with the files I'm using FLAC lossless, but I can play them with ease if I just access them through normal file sharing.

Any thoughts?

R
Torsten.E

Post by Torsten.E »

i have exactly the same problem as rweten

Torsten.E
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) You can use the UNC path to access/play the files just fine (I use this myself).

2) UPnP support is planned for MediaMonkey 4.

3) Any addon related questions should be asked in the addons own thread so the author can respond.