DLNA and Auto Transcoding

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

tcviper

DLNA and Auto Transcoding

Post by tcviper »

Hello all,

As a new user to Mediamonkey 4 I was wondering how far this whole DLNA implementation is?
It would be ideal and perfect if mediamonkey could also transcode MKV videos to for example a Sony Bravia TV or PS3.
If this is built in, how does it work and will it also support subtitles?

In the end i would be willing to pay extra for a all in one solution not needing any other DLNA servers like PS3Mediaserver.

- Thanks
nohitter151

Re: DLNA and Auto Transcoding

Post by nohitter151 »

It works but conversion often results in a video that is sub-optimal. I'd suggest you try it out, there's a 30 day trial for the video encoder plugin.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

it would be better if it could just send/stream the .mkv file to the the TV. The Samsung will play the .mkv file if it is on a USB drive attached to the tv but not from MM4.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

First make sure that the TV supports MKV over DLNA. Some devices support less formats over DLNA than via USB.
Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Lowlander wrote:First make sure that the TV supports MKV over DLNA. Some devices support less formats over DLNA than via USB.
I have also installed Mezzmo and it dose play/send the .mkv file to my Samsung TV's also shows the artwork on the TV icons. I like the MediaMonkey program/library features better but i can not get it to work with .mkv files so i have to play them (mkv) using Mezzmo.

MM4 always gives the not a supported format error on the .mkv files and it dose not trans-code them. MM4 will play the file on the PC so i have the codec installed that is required for local playback.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case start by sending a debug log (step 4b) to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69