Samsung TV and MM4 DNLA

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Rainey

Samsung TV and MM4 DNLA

Post by Rainey »

I seem to have this problem with Samsung TV UN40D6000SFX with MM4 and other DNLA server.
It seems it maybe a Samsung issue, but looking for a workaround if any with MM4 and Samsung LED TV.

This is the issue:
By default Samsung has Allshare or the Video app in the smart Hub that you can use to access a DNLA server.
When you open these apps on the Samsung TV it has three main types (categories) "Video" the default
"Music" and "Photos". MM4 list all library folders under Video category even if it is a folder of Music files.
The problem is if you select the Folder of Music files no files will show up because you are in the default category
of Videos.

I had only Video files in my library and all was working OK because "Video Category" was the default.
Once i added some Music files into the MM4 library i find the problem that was always there before but i never seen it.

For example, i have three folders shared in the MM4 DNLA server, Music, Audiobooks, Videos.
When i browse the DNLA server from the Samsung TV using Allshare or the Video apps,
i see all there folders that MM4 is sharing ( Music, Audiobooks, Videos)
in all three root samsung categories ("Video" the default "Music" and "Photos").

Is there any way to override the three Samsung categories and not show them and only have the MM4
Folders show up as the root folders.
Or
Is they any way to make MM4 only list Music files/folders under the Root Samsung category of
Music and not also put them under Videos and Photos.

I see the same problem on Mezzmo when using Allshare app, but found i could edit the device profile
file and drop the Samsung root categories when using the video app from smart hub.
Lowlander

Re: Samsung TV and MM4 DNLA

Post by Lowlander »

Not that I know of and I see the same for my TwonkyServer too.