Is there a way to send media to client.

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Nova5

Re: Is there a way to send media to client.

Post by Nova5 »

There is a "workaround" way to do it but it requires an alternate device. iOS and Android both have Control Point software packages you can install on the phones/tablets and use it to control your DLNA devices. For android I recommend BubbleUPnP.
loondawg

Post by loondawg »

Hi,

Just wondering if "Play To" is still planned for MM4.1. I'm really hoping so. I just downloaded the 4.1.0.1626 dev build but I can't find it implemented if it is.

But I'm admittedly also not very good at this stuff. I was finally able to get DLNA working to use the TV functionality to find and play music from the MediaMonkey source. But I can't seem to find a way to select music from MediaMonkey on the PC and send it to the TV.

The ability to "Play To," like what is found in Windows Media Player, would be a really nice addition to MediaMonkey. For general use, the PC interface is so much better than the really cludgy DLNA interface available through my Samsung TV.

Thanks,
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

loondawg wrote:Hi,

Just wondering if "Play To" is still planned for MM4.1. I'm really hoping so. I just downloaded the 4.1.0.1626 dev build but I can't find it implemented if it is.

But I'm admittedly also not very good at this stuff. I was finally able to get DLNA working to use the TV functionality to find and play music from the MediaMonkey source. But I can't seem to find a way to select music from MediaMonkey on the PC and send it to the TV.

The ability to "Play To," like what is found in Windows Media Player, would be a really nice addition to MediaMonkey. For general use, the PC interface is so much better than the really cludgy DLNA interface available through my Samsung TV.

Thanks,
It's already implemented in 4.1. You can change the player via Options > Player or right-click in the player area > Choose player.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
loondawg

Post by loondawg »

nohitter151 wrote: It's already implemented in 4.1. You can change the player via Options > Player or right-click in the player area > Choose player.
Thanks. I had no idea. That's awesome.

And it's working great for music but not for any of my videos. I'll search further to see if there's any information on that before posting for help.

Thanks again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Note that a new Media Server (MediaMonkey Library) was created and thus any conversion rules would need to be setup for it too as it is used when sending media to a client.